Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Riane
  • 1 Post By Boase
  • 2 Post By Phreakuency
  • 1 Post By Beanster
  • 5 Post By Gruntled

Thread: World first Unicorn box thread.

Default World first Unicorn box thread.

PB hearts and GA trinkets from the boxes.

Its not current tier so its not P2W guys.

Logic.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Rift Disciple

OMG outrage! /s
    Stroman - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

I like getting Prime Prismatic Wellspring from the boxes.

Shield of Telara

well i've only been farming ultane for 8 months now good thing i can just buy a crate to get a tank trinket

its ok though. the transcendent t3 trinkets that is, statistically, likely to never drop before 3.0 are better so it's not bis!

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I like getting Prime Prismatic Wellspring from the boxes.
    I keep getting relic armor pots from the ones I get for "free". :>
    Last edited by Beanster; 05-22-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Only one guildie in full T2 relics now
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Of course it's not pay to win but this is such an easy term for copout marketing to defend.

I'd guess that 90% of raiders haven't finished GA. Or at least that 90% of the game's pop hasn't earnt the gear that these boxes drop.

So when you are selling stuff that only a tiny group of top players/guilds have cleared and earned, you are walking a thin line for 'paying to catch up' and 'paying to stay relevant'.

And all the main channel and forum complaints about how hard it is to get into raids if you aren't in the best guilds... Trion loves this. It means these players are more likely to buy the T2 gear and try their luck at getting into better quality PUGS.

I mean, if my quick (super quick and from memory) calculations are correct, you can cash shop your way to 640 hit.

That should never be allowed in a f2p game.

It's obvious the lockboxes are here to stay and their contents keep getting better which is also not a surprise.

Yeah it's not pay to win, it's not the best gear and even so, you need skill and a good group to clear content but Trion are letting people buy stuff better than 90% (my guess, I'd have to be somewhere from 80-90) of the players have earnt themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    I mean, if my quick (super quick and from memory) calculations are correct, you can cash shop your way to 640 hit.
    You can get 599 hit from cash shop. 8 slots (7 with 2h) for hit items and neck is max 53 hit (rest are 78 each(156 1 slot 2h))
    In credits 387+(3x 19350)+8100+6300+(2x3375) = 79587 cr and that's 320+ euros. And that's just 2 pieces of t2 armour, you need 2 more for crystal bonus.
    And even then you don't have the 620 needed for t3 bosses, so yeah, pay to win my behind.
    Last edited by Beanster; 05-22-2014 at 11:58 PM.

I still don't really care so long as it's not T3 (which seem to be in those Unicorn boxes right now so I'm still upset with this ish). I really don't understand why people freak out about gear so much because, as always, the player's skill is going to determine if he/she actually gets to go on real progression raids, not gear. There are plenty of people in my current guild who outperform the more geared members right now, because they are disciplined with their awareness, reaction timing, damage rotation, etc. While I do think it's funny that Trion is getting more and more careless with what kind of gear is dropping from boxes (hearts now, I'm betting the actual relic'd pieces themselves later), I will never really care until lockbox gear puts buyers a tier above what Trion has always promised not to put them at.

The way the tiering is setup is that anything that is not the highest level of raid gear should be considered "Dungeon" gear.

So there is basically two levels of gear:
    1) Dungeon (consisting of everything from 300hit-level to 620hit-level)
    2) Raid (currently "T3")

its pretty simple =^.^=

Ascendant

lol, Trion keep pushing the envelop of whats acceptable to put in the boxes and players keep making up reasons why its still good and still ok and still acceptable.

Players: don't cross this line Trion
    Trion: crosses line
    Players: draws new line " well ok, don't cross this line Trion"
    Trion: crosses line
    Players: draws new line.....

some BIS PVP gear is now only available from boxes. do you really think PVE is going to be immune to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Prophet of Telara

So we only need to purchase a few dozen lootboxes and we ge a full T2 relic set \o/

Because trions artificial grind of 8-9 months running T2 = not enough to do that through gameplay. How long is it Trion I ask that a group of say "20" needs to farm your gameplay raid content before actually getting maxed on gear? What does your whale plan design say 2, maybe 3 years? I assume if you'd gone F2P back in 1.3 instead of 2.3 I'd be still working on getting my HK relic set since I'm not one of those please take my money whales.

Trion - Lowering the bar per each & every patch/fix since 2.3
    Last edited by Alex113; 05-23-2014 at 06:03 AM.

he DID get hit by a bus it seems

#1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

A free to play game milking it's playerbase? Surely this has never happened before in all the history of free to play games!
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread