+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gorgeous new Unicron Mount!

Soulwalker

Default Gorgeous new Unicron Mount!

My first response was, "YAY - a Unicorn!!!" I was soooo Excited that is until I landed of Rift-Gate and got a very good look at the new Rift Unicorn Mount from the Unicronalia Event:

http://riftgrate.com/2014/05/20/20th-may-pts-update/comment-page-1/

This mount is hideous. Unicorns and their relatives the Equine are laughing hysterically everywhere!

Trion you FAIL!

Unicorns are meant to be Gorgeous, Flashy, Shimmering, White Ethereal Beauties, running Gracefully through Wooded Meadows with long flowing manes and tails.

This mount, this "Unicorn" mount is sooooo ...Not - instead it is merely a re-skinned, re-issued old low level nag, painted white with a thing out of it's head and a fugly saddle. *big sigh* why a saddle?

*Oh btw Trion you do know that graphically moving hair was developed many years ago?*

It's bad enough we have these so very mediocre character models... you know the ones where every elf looks exactly like every other elf... I see myself a hundred times an hour while playing this game... anyway, you would think that Trion might deliver a nicely NEW created (Meshed & Textured) Gorgeous Unicorn Mount - so inspiring that it is genuinely exciting to do the quests and events.

Ascendant

Pretty much as expected. I would have preferred it whiter.

Lol. I think most of us have a similar idea what a Unicorn ought to look like, and that's not it. I can't believe Trion couldn't come up with a new model for that. Not sure why they even bothered with this. At the very least, they should have removed the saddle.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

My unicorn isn't sparkly enough, better quit the game.

Rift Disciple

I think the graphic is fantastic! I hope I am able to acquire either of the Unicorn mounts during the promo; it is only natural that the original Pink Unicorn(tm) ride a fellow refugee... hahaha!

Unicorns are, in reality, just pack animals. Their myth of magic came from the druids that tended the forests they lived in, but once that magical influence is gone they're basically horses. Just because they happened to evolve a horn for protection doesn't mean they're special. You don't see me calling rhinos magical.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I'm happy with how it looks. I won't try to convince you, but I think it fits.

Removing the tack may have been a good move, but other than that, I think it's fine. Here we have a Unicorn (see, I even know how to spell it!) as often depicted-- a white horse with a horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Unicorns are, in reality
    You might want to re-word that.

Champion

OK, we have unicorns!

This means...

PEGASUS are next!!!

(or maybe griffons)

*ducks incoming anti-aircraft fire*

Plane Touched

I clicked on this thread expecting something very different, and significantly larger.

Shameful really.

Really, really disappointing.

Take a quick look at a unicorn in another game (Tera) and how beautiful and unique it could look...

And I guess this will be walking a thin line (really laughable if it gets me another forum ban) but I await you know who to come in from the dev team to cry poor over the dev time and resources...
    Last edited by Phreakuency; 05-21-2014 at 04:29 PM.

lol at that unicorn mount.

now this below is a unicorn mount, classy.

dont care if it was a reskin, it could've been re skinned and exaggerated the old model a bit better.
    At least gave it a proper unicorn main.

ill still go for it though as i'm a mount horder.
    Last edited by Polyester; 05-21-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: oops

It literally looks like the starter mounts in Freemarch and Silverwood with a horn super glued onto its head.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post
    It literally looks like the starter mounts in Freemarch and Silverwood with a horn super glued onto its head.
    really? I never would've guessed XD

i'm actually rather shocked and disappointed , at this cut and paste job, i was sooooooooooooooooo excited for unicorn event.
    you would of thought if you was doing a theme based event and getting people all hyped, you would of put effort into it.
    Last edited by Polyester; 05-21-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: sad face

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    Shameful really.

Really, really disappointing.

Take a quick look at a unicorn in another game (Tera) and how beautiful and unique it could look...

And I guess this will be walking a thin line (really laughable if it gets me another forum ban) but I await you know who to come in from the dev team to cry poor over the dev time and resources...
    I own that unicorn in Tera and i must say it looks AWESOME, trion just painted plain horse and put colored carrot on its forehead. NICE
    Last edited by jebeninick; 05-21-2014 at 04:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast