+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gorgeous new Unicron Mount!

Prophet of Telara

A Nebula without the actual silvery armour and with a horn would be a pretty epic skin for the mount.

Too bad we got a horse in a halloween costume
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

April fools was last month Trion.

So wait, where's my Unicron [sic] mount?

What about Galvatron? Optimus Prime? Hell even Starscream would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by BelZoness; 05-22-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Telaran

well would also help if the event started on time they said 3pm server time its now 509pm and no npc

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #50

Quote Originally Posted by Onik View Post
    Even though more flamboyant unicorns would have been amusing, I'm okay with Trion's more reasonable approach to the unicorn. I just wish the unicorn's most notable features (main, tail and horn) were more visually appealing. What they're offering us just looks like the same basic horse mount we've all seen a million times with a small nub of a horn glued to it's forehead.

You have no idea how hard it is to get the horses to sit still while we ready the hot glue gun*.

That being said, everyone has different taste. I personally don't like the images of unicorns with bon jovi hair, but to each their own. Some want more subdued unicorns, some want more flamboyant unicorns, and some want unicorn tartare**. I'll make sure to carry feedback back to the team that there is a desire for more manes and less saddles.

*It's a joke. We here at Trion do not condone using a hot glue gun in conjunction with any animal. Animal cruelty is serious business.

** Unicorns are very high in cholesterol, and it's probably illegal to eat them in California anyways. See above note.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    You have no idea how hard it is to get the horses to sit still while we ready the hot glue gun*.

That being said, everyone has different taste. I personally don't like the images of unicorns with bon jovi hair, but to each their own. Some want more subdued unicorns, some want more flamboyant unicorns, and some want unicorn tartare**. I'll make sure to carry feedback back to the team that there is a desire for more manes and less saddles.

*It's a joke. We here at Trion do not condone using a hot glue gun in conjunction with any animal. Animal cruelty is serious business.

** Unicorns are very high in cholesterol, and it's probably illegal to eat them in California anyways. See above note.
    or some would like effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    lol at that unicorn mount.

now this below is a unicorn mount, classy.

dont care if it was a reskin, it could've been re skinned and exaggerated the old model a bit better.
    At least gave it a proper unicorn main.

ill still go for it though as i'm a mount horder.
    LOL, that FFXIV class-only unicorn was a failure as well. If I remember correctly, the tail on mine was rigid and just flopped around behind you rather than flex and flow as you rode it.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I was so excited as well! But this "unicorn" is just ugly. I normally don't mind reskins, after all I'm throwing out money on real life reskins, like jeans and T-shirts in different colours, but... this was supposed to be an unicorn. Something else, something more than a peasant horse...

The nebula shape would have been better yes. This simple, thick, peasant-type horse is just disappointing. I don't even bother with the quests for this.

I don't want it to be Disney style, but this is very disappointing. It should be slender and more graceful and whiter... Even the tiny unicorn pet is fine, but the mount... Just ew.
    Last edited by IAlwaysDie; 05-22-2014 at 08:54 AM.

I expected as much. It's just been reskin after reskin lately. I'd pay for a new UNIQUE mount, but never that dull, rehashed, ugly, uninspired thing. Ironically, there are more mounts in the game now than ever before, but often it appears there are far fewer, given mostly everything 'new' is just a reskinned version of something old - everyone is riding around on different coloured - but otherwise identical - creatures and animals. Please offer the players some true diversity with new models and less reskins and paint jobs.
    Last edited by Laputa; 05-22-2014 at 09:06 AM.

If I remember the one from Neverwinter wasnt too shabby available as a dark and light variant..

Shame its not Unicron tho as I couldve done with a bit of Matrix munching power:/

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    Shameful really.

Really, really disappointing.

Take a quick look at a unicorn in another game (Tera) and how beautiful and unique it could look...

And I guess this will be walking a thin line (really laughable if it gets me another forum ban) but I await you know who to come in from the dev team to cry poor over the dev time and resources...
    TERA is such a pretty game overall it's hard to fault anyone for falling short of it. That screenshot makes me want to go back and play again.

Ugly or not I still want a unicorn though, some things can't be helped. But I also love the horse mounts in this game, so maybe I'm a little weird.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laputa View Post
    I expected as much. It's just been reskin after reskin lately. I'd pay for a new UNIQUE mount, but never that dull, rehashed, ugly, uninspired thing. Ironically, there are more mounts in the game now than ever before, but often it appears there are far fewer, given mostly everything 'new' is just a reskinned version of something old - everyone is riding around on different coloured - but otherwise identical - creatures and animals. Please offer the players some true diversity with new models and less reskins and paint jobs.
    yes im sick of this too like the raid 3 armor its just old vanilla rift armor with new stats nd landslide that we paid for is also being sold now under a new name and reskind for the mount from the new blood forge thing or what ever its called. trion is getting lazy

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Unicorns are, in reality, just pack animals. Their myth of magic came from the druids that tended the forests they lived in, but once that magical influence is gone they're basically horses. Just because they happened to evolve a horn for protection doesn't mean they're special. You don't see me calling rhinos magical.
    The Cosmic Rhinoceros says hi. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by MarieElena View Post
    This mount is hideous. Unicorns and their relatives the Equine are laughing hysterically everywhere!
    They won't be laughing so hard when Unicron finally does show up.

You don't summon the Unicron mount; it summons you and has the voice of Orson Welles.

"I have summoned you here for a purpose."

"Your bargaining posture is highly dubious."

"You belong to me now."
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Champion of Telara

Gorgeous new Unicron Mount!
    I read this and thought COOL we're getting a giant planet eating Transformer for a mount!! However did they get the Hasbro license!

This i realized it was Unicorn. Horses with horns, yipee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast