+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Got kicked from an expert dungeon at the last boss b/c I was the same class as leader

Default Got kicked from an expert dungeon at the last boss b/c I was the same class as leader

[16:51:37] [Someone@Somewhere]: I'm sorry, but because of the chance that you're gonna roll on the tank shoulders if they do even drop since it's a 5% off the final boss...
    [16:51:45] The party votes to kick Jarrin out of the party
    [16:51:45] You have left the party
    I told this guy at the beginning of the dungeon i didn't want to roll on any drops, I was already geared. He even inspected my equipment so he knew I didn't need the shoulders. I queued as DPS and was 1st or 2nd place dps in every encounter in the dungeon, didn't mouth off to anyone, wasn't disrespectful or slow to move through the dungeon. Kept my dots up almost perfectly and played correctly by boss mechanics.

And I got kicked for being Cleric just like the leader. AFAIK I can't report him for doing this, but I wish I could. This really butters my biscuit. The worst part is, the whole group voted to kick me, instantly. Just because. So now I don't get my dungeon completion bonus, and I have to re-queue for 30+ minutes, and then another 15 minutes for the dungeon if we don't wipe (happens in about half of my dungeons with randoms). 45 minutes or more wasted by this guy, on the off-chance that I would take the shoulders he wanted that I didn't need and wouldn't use.

I want to do something about this, but I doubt there's any way to other than whispering angrily at the guy; I don't think it's against the ToS to be an a-hole. Guess this thread is just me venting. Normally I love the community here, but then I meet these people.
    Last edited by Ocho; 05-21-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Quote Originally Posted by 7A65726F View Post
    I told this guy at the beginning of the dungeon i didn't want to roll on any drops, I was already geared. He even inspected my equipment so he knew I didn't need the shoulders. I queued as DPS and was 1st or 2nd place dps in every encounter in the dungeon, didn't mouth off to anyone, wasn't disrespectful or slow to move through the dungeon. Kept my dots up almost perfectly and played correctly by boss mechanics.

And I got kicked for being Cleric just like the leader. AFAIK I can't report him for doing this, but I wish I could. This really butters my biscuit. The worst part is, the whole group voted to kick me, instantly. Just because. So now I don't get my dungeon completion bonus, and I have to re-queue for 30+ minutes, and then another 15 minutes for the dungeon if we don't wipe (happens in about half of my dungeons with randoms). 45 minutes or more wasted by this guy, on the off-chance that I would take the shoulders he wanted that I didn't need and wouldn't use.

I want to do something about this, but I doubt there's any way to other than whispering angrily at the guy; I don't think it's against the ToS to be an a-hole. Guess this thread is just me venting. Normally I love the community here, but then I meet these people.
    You should remove the name of the guy up top. That's considered shaming per the rules of the forums.

Sucks you got into a crap situation like that. It happens, but not too often.

Yeah I realized that right after posting, but I can't find the edit button. I'm about to report my own post and ask for it to be censored lol

EDIT: Looks like the edit button doesn't pop up on the thread opening post? It does on this one.
    Last edited by 7A65726F; 05-21-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A65726F View Post
    Yeah I realized that right after posting, but I can't find the edit button. I'm about to report my own post and ask for it to be censored lol

EDIT: Looks like the edit button doesn't pop up on the thread opening post? It does on this one.
    Probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Random dungeon means random people - they might be super nice or super (insert any bad work you like).

My tip is making some friends in game or join a nice guild and go with them. Or look for people in chat and open a premade group which you lead.

Ral
    Rift Master

You probably shouldn't send the guy any tells either, and especially not others in the group, this could get you reported and hit with a ban for harassment. Maybe a GM would investigate and decide the report was unwarranted, maybe he will consider it the other way.

There probably isn't much you can do besides ignore the guy, remember the name, tell friends about it and hope his reputation catches up to him.

If he was part of a guild you could try sending a tell to an officer or leader, they might be a-holes too and not care, but if they aren't it will at least raise a red flag for them and if they don't like the guy either he might find himself riding the pine or the curb.

I would suggest mentioning it in 60 chat, but you are likely to just get trolled.

The best you can do would be to add them to your ignore list so you will no longer be queued with them. That way - at the very least - you won't have to meet him in a random queue again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    The best you can do would be to add them to your ignore list so you will no longer be queued with them. That way - at the very least - you won't have to meet him in a random queue again.
    I did add him to my ignore list, but didn't know that would keep me from getting queued with him. That's good, at least.

Ascendant

Report them. If GMs don't do anything send a PM to Ocho and maybe he'll take action.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

The LFG system pays attention to your ignore list when matching folks up, so ignore is a good option if you decide you don't want to play with someone again. In general if I wanted a 100% shot at a certain piece if it happened to drop, I'd go with a friend group instead of a random group. Just my personal approach however.

I'll take care of the name for you.

It's unfortunate that some players in the LFG system expect that everything item that drops in a dungeon is theirs, even if it is for a role that they didn't queue or play in the dungeon as.

I would even suggest a"tip" being in the loading screen rotation that says something to the effect of:

It's considered polite dungeon etiquette to roll greed or ask for gear drops that are for a role that you did not queue or play in your current dungeon to ensure all players get a fair chance at receiving loot. And vote kicking players specifically so you can get loot over them is considered unsportsman like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The LFG system pays attention to your ignore list when matching folks up, so ignore is a good option if you decide you don't want to play with someone again. In general if I wanted a 100% shot at a certain piece if it happened to drop, I'd go with a friend group instead of a random group. Just my personal approach however.

I dont know if it mentions that in the ignore window but that is super useful information and should be included there if it is not. I think I knew that already but I bet many didn't know they could basically fine tune their pug experiences by using ignore on key players they dont like pug with.

Example: Are you a slower tank, and not skilled enough yet to do faster pulls? but you got that DPS person just yelling away that you are too slow? well ignore him and and those like him. Overtime your groups dont have that anymore....basically it works like pandora radio. Songs you dont like get weeded out of your station while those you like stay in. Except here its players.

I think if people knew that or it was made more obvious to them that an ignore function could do this, people would use their ignore lists more.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

That's absolutely wrong to do but I can get some peoples frustrations especially if your after something specific I don't know how many times I have seen someone roll on the wrong trinket or greater essence because reading is hard.

Not excusing the behavior just giving you insight.

Telaran

Nope, there is clearly something you can do about it.

At first, take him off the ignore list and add him to the friends list. When you see that he is online, transfer to his shard by invitation from someone from that shard. Then look into your friendslist and see which guild he is in. Then ask in lvl 60 chat for a leader of that guild to write you and/or ask who is a leader or officer at that very guild. Tell him your problem with this player, maybe go to their teamspeak and prove your accusations by a screenshot or something. Ask the leaders if this is the kind of behavior, they want to put their guild name on!? IF this is a "good" guild he won't be a member of it, after a few minutes. This worked for me already two times. The third time, this special member must have gotten a really bad admonishment, cause about 5 minutes later he sent me an apology with 100 plat via ingame mail.

Anyways, you don't have to accept this kind of behavior. Just do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

^ This guy is full of good tips and tricks, I'd listen
    Pls respond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast