+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I miss and would love to have clickies in Rift!

Default I miss and would love to have clickies in Rift!

Remember the clickie gear (click on it to activate some skill or spell) in Everquest? Some of those were really fun! Many of us collected large sets of them. Might be a lot of fun to have some of these in Rift.

These didn't have to be overpowering and mostly were not. There are resists for a reason. And short durations on such items, and long cast, long cool down times, etc. Many were equip to use and then click. Still, they help make things a little unpredictable, similar to changing souls. How did that x class cast ROOT? ;) Whew, it didn't last long... Yes, there probably were a couple that are OP in PvP, and typically they got nerfed. Swords that summoned pets comes to mind.

How about:
    See Invisible - only works on basic stealth, not on advanced higher level stealth. Lasts a short time.
    Root - only lasts a short time, long cool down, and perhaps limited to certain classes, resistable.
    Snare, ditto.
    Damage over Time - long cast, long cool down, moderate damage, resistable.
    Movement Speed - greatly enhanced run speed for the wearer if clicked.
    Damage Shield - added melee damage to attacker.
    Armor Shield - added AC to self.

There were so many...literally dozens.

And I enjoyed the portable/collapsible tradeskill crafting tools. It was nice to be able to make items outside the city away from the NPC or anvil/oven/loom/kiln/fletching-jewelry-alchemy stations, etc.

And there were the procing weapons too. Those would randomly with increased frequency cast certain spells/or add poison, disease, etc depending upon the wielder's dexterity typically.

Yes please!

Crafted clickies, mob dropped, quest rewarded, found/explored, vendor purchased.....
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

I'd love to see clickies in Rift as well. I loved getting click gear in EQ, was very excited when I got my first piece!

Soulwalker

im opposite i like proc gear vs click gear... frees you up to do damage etc

hate click gear, as a min/maxer on dps, it just messes up my rotation
    Greke- Sab/NB/Infl and RS/BD/Bard
    Magus Imperialis Magicus- Briarcliffe Server- PVP

yeeah i used a lot of them in wow, they were very impredictible and funny :P not legal in arenas but so funny when duelling or playing bgs xD there were a dust droopped from some air elementals that sleept your nenemy for 10 secs xD
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

Plane Touched

I am not a fan of clickie gear. Although I wouldn't mind the out of combat clickie gear specials like, run speed boost etc. Just as long as they are not in my combat.

On use gear is one of those situational things.. for fluff / gag items I like it.. on dps and healing gtear I usually prefer on hit type of gear/on cast items because of their nature.. as a tank I love on use gear so I can save it for that OH *explitav* moment. To save me for a few seconds while my healer recovers .
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I think a good mix of click and proc items are nice.

Some click items can be very usefull if you put your mind to it. Other click items are a complete waste.

I had a lvl 10 click item that summons a little griffon that your supposed to use as like a dumbfire pet. The thing is it had a range and could be cast out or in combat. So I could actually pull with it. Ya at lvl 90 he does no dmg but he does do 2 things.

1) It allows me to pull 2 mobs at once. Much faster then I could get off two bow shots. click and off goes the griffon, just retarget and pull the next with my bow.

2) It also will take the first hit from whatever I pulled. Yes the first hits kills the summoned little guy but hey thats one attack on me that gets blocked. There are some mobs out there that cast some nasty stuff (debuffs etc) right off the pull so I dont my mind my pet eating those for me either.

Most people would say lvl 10 clickie is useless at end game. Then again maybe not eh?

Fun stuff like that does not really unbalance the game but adds a little excitement for the talented player.

Admitted clickaholic, more the better

Quote Originally Posted by Garmr View Post
    Admitted clickaholic, more the better
    Activated gear is okay, but I am talking about CLICKIES! Totems, potions, scrolls, etc, that give short term buffs and such. I love them!
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Default Example:

This is not for Rift, but a good example of what I am hoping we will have: Class Related Clickies!

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Most of the time, my characters wouldn't have space on hotbars for clickies except one or two; so I would forget about the others! I prefer procs.

I guess the nicest solution would be to have them available and those that would not like to use them don't.

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Plane Touched

I like clickies but would like to not rely too much on expendable clickies. Maybe an occasional heal potion, but not something that I need to constantly resupply myself with. Its just annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast