+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: You want me to pay you twice for this game ??? (new souls)

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    The more you use the less you pay? What "advanced" country do you live in? I think we are being trolled people.
    http://www.windpoweroffshore.com/art...-400mw-project

ignorance has a saying, no I am not living in that country, gathering info for my diploma
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 05-18-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soalia View Post
    I've noticed all Trion's advocates missing vital points in this discussion. We do not know if 3.0 will be free. What we can say for sure that Rift has customers who bought both basic and expansion, they've paid subs , most of them still buy annual subs. New souls have been release with patch 2.7. It is 2.x - still part of expansion whatever patch it will be. I understand frustration of people who complain about that. Arguments : dont like = dont buy is same as dont like = dont play , simple stupid argument. US citizens : dont like your President = give up citizenship. Why we should give up something we do like when we do not accept certain changes?
    P.s.
    I am subscriber, I have both basic and expansion and I have bought new souls - but I am not happy and I will not renew subscription.
    Contender for most ill-suited analogy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Draiscor View Post
    Yes. We do. http://riftgrate.com/3-0-content/ "Daglar mentioned during the Dendrome Livestream that Rift 3.0 will be free. All content and any possible level caps will be free."
    We knew way before then. During the f2p announcement we were told expansions would be 'free'. We know what we are getting for free but we don't know what we aren't getting for free if you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    danish pay more for energy consumption according to US statistics, they actually pay less most of them have shares in wind electricity production, in 2025 50% of their energy will be given by wind power, in 2050 100%. War over coal, gas and other fossils looses one customer.
    Is an interesting debate around how US denigrates the wind electricity for various reasons.
    WTF are you talking about? Please site where it says they pay less?
    your post here is basically little more than BS without citations to prove your initial contention...that there are countries where the more power u use the less you pay. PLEASE show the citation or ****.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

http://www.windpoweroffshore.com/art...-400mw-project

ignorance has a saying, no I am not living in that country, gathering info for my diploma
    So people own stock. This does NOT translate into lower electrical prices...what it means is that the more windpower that is sold the more healthy their pension fund is. However the money they get from that pension each month does not change.

Do you know how pensions work? I do. I am 9 years from retirement and have a "traditional" defined benefit pension al la Europe.

You have no clue what you are talking about. You said the more power they bought the cheaper it was. This Is NOT true nor supported by any link you have produced. Worst of all this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand and I think you are now focusing on this because you know just how illogical your contentions have been.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-18-2014 at 05:54 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

WTF are you talking about? Please site where it says they pay less?
    your post here is basically little more than BS without citations to prove your initial contention...that there are countries where the more power u use the less you pay. PLEASE show the citation or ****.
    my teacher said is cheaper to use an electric knife in denmark than an ordinary one when you slice a loaf, because of exceeding wind power, and do not try to mess with my teacher

Ascendant

my teacher said is cheaper to use an electric knife in denmark than an ordinary one when you slice a loaf, because of exceeding wind power, and do not try to mess with my teacher
    You generate more power in Denmark than you need via wind so you sell it on. It that what you mean?

Well your teacher was using something called hyperbole to demonstrate the amount of windpower the country has.... I say hyperbole because they have the highest electricity prices in the western world...period. So what your teacher told you was a gross exaggeration to highlight the amount of wind power they have. Pension and facts 101.

Denmark has the highest electricity prices in the world. One of the reasons is that they are going virtually all in on alternative energy (a good thing imo I salute them). Windpower costs more money that coal (as an example) per kilowatt generated.

The Pension bit being involved is simply this...it is an investment. People do not get anymore money...the fund is simply stable and (hopefully) over funded. There are other industries that would provide the same or even higher ROI (Return on Investment) BUT the particular pension fund you linked has decided to invest in an environmentally sound industry, again I applaud them.

All of this however means one thing YOU WERE WRONG... PERIOD. the more energy you use does NOT result in lower prices...in fact it is quite the opposite. Now please stop trying to defend your failed position and you inability to understand hyperbole when your teacher tells you and get off this derail and answer the actual game related responses we mentioned previously...or just go away because you are not contributing anything to the point of this thread atm.

PS teachers are fallible. My mother and father were teachers and I was studying to be teacher before I entered my current career 16 years ago. So yeah I will mess with your teacher if they are wrong... ciao.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-18-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    You generate more power in Denmark than you need via wind so you sell it on. It that what you mean?
    EVEN if you were correct, and you aren't Denmark only produces 30% of it's power from wind, that would be sold on as a profit for the company, not the people as Denmark is a Capitalist Nation. Now don't get me wrong I think 30% from alternative energy is KICK ***. However Dee Dee is just completely wrong on her comment and apparently bases it on a piece of hyperbole a teacher said in class once. They have thus been struggling to fins a single fact that supports the contention and now her world has been shattered because her teacher led her wrong :-(

PS teachers are fallible. My mother and father were teachers and I was studying to be teacher before I entered my current career 16 years ago. So yeah I will mess with your teacher if they are wrong... ciao.
    My teacher said is not nice to slam the door on your way out, and that was in first grade

many neighbourhoods invest in ecological power plants, this thread is very much on topic, and galibier is having homework to do, maybe you make my licence project, and I'll tell you what mark you will get
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 05-18-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Ascendant

EVEN if you were correct, and you aren't Denmark only produces 30% of it's power from wind, that would be sold on as a profit for the company, not the people as Denmark is a Capitalist Nation. Now don't get me wrong I think 30% from alternative energy is KICK ***. However Dee Dee is just completely wrong on her comment and apparently bases it on a piece of hyperbole a teacher said in class once. They have thus been struggling to fins a single fact that supports the contention and now her world has been shattered because her teacher led her wrong :-(
    I was just wondering what the OP meant. He liked the post so I assume that's what he meant after all.

The OP clearly has poor English and I think you are both arguing different things. What you are disputing is likely not what the OP is even saying. It might just be time to let go this.

My teacher said is not nice to slam the door on your way out, and that was in first grade

many neighbourhoods invest in ecological power plants, this thread is very much on topic, and galibier is having homework to do, maybe you make my licence project, and I'll tell you what mark you will get
    Sorry Dee Dee. Your teacher was using something those of us with critical thinking skills,call hyperbole to illustrate the excellent amount of wind power that that Denmark has. However when you look at your statement previously...the more electricity you use the less you pay... it is false and has NO relation whatsoever to your teachers hyperbolic claim. I have NO homework to do because I actually know what I am talking about.

You can take whatever false pedestal you need to do so to make you feel better about yourself but it does not change the fact that you A. were wrong in the above mentioned assertion because you failed to recognize hyperbole when faced with it and B. continue to try and focus on this and avoid the actual relevant issues regarding the game and it's financial model addressed in this thread because your initial claim has been thoroughly thrashed.

If I was your current teacher I would be cursing your past teachers for not educating you on the use of hyperbole and and how to apply critical thinking to it.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-18-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Very educational about Denmark... but WTF? Talk about a thread! Okay there are some ppl who are not happy with the direction the Trion has gone with Rift. I won't disagree with them. They make valid statements.

Seems to me Trion is making the basic maps including the expansion free, everything else seems to come with a price. For those F2Per's, it will appear to them that they do have less. And to those that have subscribed since beta, more additional costs.

But by now, we know what the game is and where it's going, we just have to decide if we want to go along with it.

I could stop all subs and purchases and exist happily with my low level boa items and stay in Argent Glade creating rp emotes.

End game anymore doesn't seem to interest me.

I don't know where all the cries and sighs will amount to Trion changing course. When the cash flow stops so will this game.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

I'm pretty much happy how Trion going with rift, then when it was at a sub game, the souls not big deal to me, as is a content you can get ingame with plat for some will take longer then other, but not big deal.

Sure rift have it's problem, not like any mmo out there don't have any, it's free to play can go and come back anytime one wants, and still reach alot the content rift can bring, with or with out the new souls.

Seriously, is this a wine about paying for an XPac?
    You do realize gamers have been paying for XPacs for decades right?
    I bought WoW 4 times, Vanilla, BC, WoLK, Cata, and over 5 years of $15/m subs at the same time.
    At least here your going to get most of the XPac for free, you optionally need to buy a bonus feature.

What are we talking about now?

Souls or wind power?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast