+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 139
Like Tree161Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bit annoyed to see the “Exclusive” Landslide Mount as a new AAF reward.

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Bit annoyed to see the “Exclusive” Landslide Mount as a new AAF reward.

    I thought I'd make a quick post about something that has kind of annoyed me.

    So just under 2 years ago a lot of us RIFT veterans invested into this lovely “Storm Chaser” bundle, which was essentially a year's sub to RIFT, RIFT:Storm Legion and a exclusive mount and title and it was pretty darn expensive at the time if memory serves correct. Here's a link to it for anyone uninformed:
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/p...-legion-promo/

    The only really enticing thing about this offer was the promise at the time of an "exclusive" mount, something that really isn't seen at all in RIFT, which made quite a few of us lay down the phat stack of cash required to buy this fairly pricey package.

    So I log on yesterday and check the new AAF rewards...


    I was a bit annoyed to see that the top left mount is the original model of the promised exclusive "Landslide" model that we were sold with the Storm Chaser bundle. Now it's been renamed Rumble and is easily accessible via the AAF system. It's not even had even the slightest reskin or adjustment.

    I don't often use memes, but I think this one kind of fits perfectly.


    I'd say that it is fairly likely that with 3.0 coming up soon there will be a similiar package on offer, maybe this hella dosh package will include an "Exclusive Mount" that we may later see on the store a few months down the line.

    Although the definition of exclusive can be argued back and forth, I just feel like in this scenario that i've been a bit cheated. If you're going to promise and sell something on the grounds of exclusiveness, make sure you keep the promise to keep it exclusive.

    TL: DR I enjoyed having an exclusive, mysterious and unobtainable mount that I payed hella cash for, I'm upset you took its exclusiveness away.

    What do you ladies and gents think?
    Last edited by Seatin; 05-16-2014 at 02:42 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Those AAF mounts are different than the ones you are talking about. They are cooler looking, for starters, with auras, different colors and electricity/flames, etc..

    What pisses me the hell off is that people like me, who have easily spent 1000 dollars on this game plus my time subbed before F2P and then patron after, aren't offered better "stuff". We should have access to ALL vanity items like mounts. Not for free, but they should be there for people like me.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    I don't like how they keep renaming pets and mounts that are already in the game, and call them new. Very lazy imo.
    [No longer an active player]

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    really? nothing more important to say? really? who flippin cares? you may be the only person on earth that paid a year sub because a mount was included, makes me wonder if you buy crackerjacks for that little temp tattoo included. or maybe pork and beans for that tiny pieces of raw bacon fat. so free SL, souls, a year sub, meh... that mount now that, that's worth a bill. really?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple BaronVonBoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Had a similar thing happen to me over at Cryptics lovely exploited to death Neverwinter.

    Exclusive Founders pack for £150 including special mount/race/goodies etc had its name changed post launch to Hero Of The North pack & offered the same items.
    Add to that because some forum mod/dev mentioned in passing the 'exclusive' race being available waaayyy in the future they got squeezed into releasing another version of that race with amended name.

    That game is one with constantly moving goalposts & hence one of the reasons ive taken my money elsewhere, sad to see the same tricks implemented here:/

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I thought I'd make a quick post about something that has kind of annoyed me.

    So just under 2 years ago a lot of us RIFT veterans invested into this lovely “Storm Chaser” bundle, which was essentially a year's sub to RIFT, RIFT:Storm Legion and a exclusive mount and title and it was pretty darn expensive at the time if memory serves correct. Here's a link to it for anyone uninformed:
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/p...-legion-promo/

    /snip

    What do you ladies and gents think?
    Sad but it's hardly unprecedented. I've never been a fan of the mount but it was nice to have a mount when I created a new character. Since I get a loyalty 110% I use that on new chars. Horse > mutant gorilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by imjake View Post
    ..., but they should be there for people like me.
    Entitled *****?

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    really? nothing more important to say? really? who flippin cares? you may be the only person on earth that paid a year sub because a mount was included, makes me wonder if you buy crackerjacks for that little temp tattoo included. or maybe pork and beans for that tiny pieces of raw bacon fat. so free SL, souls, a year sub, meh... that mount now that, that's worth a bill. really?
    I care. That makes at least one person.

    I don't think we have crackerjacks in the UK? But I'd have no desire to get a temporary tattoo, however if these crackerjacks gave me a code for an exclusive ingame mount in RIFT, yea I'd probably buy them.

    It was worth a bill, I made good use of the SL souls and a year sub, I'm just upset that part of the exclusiveness of the package got gutted.

    You can continue being 'that guy' if you want. It's a great way to win friends and influence people.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    You can continue being 'that guy' if you want. It's a great way to win friends and influence people.
    I will indeed. continue to point out people making much to do about nothing. There a UK based reference.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Phreakuency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    438

    Default

    There's many things wrong with this.

    Firstly, yes the exclusive mount is now available via a different path.

    The fact that the mounts are exactly the bloody same but just with new names. Absolutely laughable.

    And to top it off, a bunch of you guys have been constantly bringing up what is happening with the Ascend a Friend thing for many months now and the answer was often that something new and impressive was in the works.

    If this doesn't show you how Rift, the product in general is spiralling towards it's grave, I don't know what does.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    It's not recycled. The Bindings of Blood event is all about going to the past, so here you have all of the old favorites. The same gear. Same raids. Same mounts. Time travel!

    Something something art team busy.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    If this doesn't show you how Rift, the product in general is spiralling towards it's grave, I don't know what does.
    Great measured response there chicken little

  12. #12
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    I will indeed. continue to point out people making much to do about nothing. There a UK based reference.
    This pleases me. However I have no idea what "making much to do about nothing" means, It's hard to get a UK based reference when you can barely form a sentence in the english language.

    I believe however what you are trying to say is "You're making a fuss out of nothing"

    This may be the case to you because you didn't spend the money to buy this package because from your earlier post seem to reference spending money on games as a 'waste', which is your opinion, you might like to spend your money on other stuff such as firearms, hand sanitizer and inflatable objects.

    However I enjoy playing RIFT, I spend a lot of my leisure time playing it, so I'm more than happy to drop my leisure money on the game to buy a variety of wonderful items, such as this wonderfully exclusive landslide mount, the fact that I spent a fair bit of money on the promise that this mount would be exclusive and it no longer isn't is the cause of my dismay, am I getting through here?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  13. #13
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    At first, they gave totally new mounts. Then, they did reskins with renames.

    And now finally renames only? What next...
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    This pleases me. However I have no idea what "making much to do about nothing" means, It's hard to get a UK based reference when you can barely form a sentence in the english language.

    ?
    Bad Brit, bad. "Much to do about nothing" one of William Shakespeare's more famous plays. i think he is noted for his ability to make sentences in English no?
    Last edited by Currly; 05-16-2014 at 02:58 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Phreakuency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Of course your point is getting across.

    It's (better not use the word or I'll get banned) certain people just with their knickers in a knot.

    But mate, it's not just the fact that the exclusive item you paid for is now available elsewhere, it's the joke that no effort was made to spruce up the whole AAF program, even after a certain dev strung us along for months upon months about it's relaunch.

    If the mounts were brand new, you'd even see individuals referring their alt accounts in order to simply buy what was on offer.

    But no, let's throw out a bunch of recycled stuff for people to earn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts