+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Souls Need To Be Offered Individually

Rift Disciple

Default New Souls Need To Be Offered Individually

I don't need or want all four of the new souls. I just need the Arbiter for my Mage. I am unwilling to spend 4500 credits for unneeded and/or unwanted items. Any possibility that the souls might be offered individually in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by WhitC View Post
    I don't need or want all four of the new souls. I just need the Arbiter for my Mage. I am unwilling to spend 4500 credits for unneeded and/or unwanted items. Any possibility that the souls might be offered individually in the future?
    Almost assuredly not.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

I would prefer too if I could just purchase the Soul relevant to me also-But yeah I would think they will always be packaged together.

Based on the fact the the SL souls are still bundled, my assumption is that the souls will more than likely remain bundled as well.

Shadowlander

Not just offered individually, but drop the friggin' price. For $40 bucks I can go buy a new freakin' game. This is just additional content within a game. This price is outrageous! I have rl expenses and can't sanction this kind of ludicrous expenditure. If this is what I can expect from Rift in the future, maybe this game just isn't worth my time or money anymore.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by plagueborn View Post
    Not just offered individually, but drop the friggin' price. For $40 bucks I can go buy a new freakin' game. This is just additional content within a game. This price is outrageous! I have rl expenses and can't sanction this kind of ludicrous expenditure. If this is what I can expect from Rift in the future, maybe this game just isn't worth my time or money anymore.
    I'd like to see you when 3.0 hits and they charge you a total of $0 for it.

Also, the souls can be acquired with platinum as it can be gifted by other players. The going rate that I have seen is 3150p for the soul pack. You could also buy REX and purchase it that way.

O this topic again.

First off you don't NEED the arbiter as it isn't necessary for your game. Its optional to allow toy to tank.

As to being sold individually, there was plenty of discussion and the decision made so it won't change. You should try the other one too so you get value for money.

Second, the price is spot on. These souls in effect pay for the expansion thus the price is the same as an expansion would have cost.

Third, no extra content from souls just different way to play existing content. Make sure to keep that in mind.

Fourth, expansion will be free to play so back to point 2 that the cost of souls pays for the expansion
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Then don't buy them. They are not necessary to play the game, they just add some additional ways to do it.

As mentioned --here, and in a slew of other threads -- when 3.0 comes out you will get new content and a raised level cap for nothing. Were this another panda-loving MMO, you would pay for any expansion.

You're playing a pretty big-named MMO for the low monthly cost of nothing. The new expansion is going to cost you nothing. Why throw a tantrum about optional items that can be purchased to keep the company going and pumping out content and patches?

If you cannot afford something, don't do it. But try to understand that this type of game usually charges for content like this, and it is perfectly acceptable and normal.

Prophet of Telara

The price is not $40. It is $35. 3250+750+750+750=5500 for patron 3250+750+750=4750.

You do not need to buy 2x $20 bundles, $20 +3x $5 does the trick, with 2x $5 for patron.

Also, you can do like I did and buy from a gifter for 3k plat. If you do not have that kind of plat, you can still get it as a non-patron for $30. Buy 3x REX($10), sell the REX, buy from gifter.

You could also buy $20 of credits, 3250 and one REX and have enough if Patron, 2 REX if not patron.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Rift Chaser

I dont really need/want any of the new souls.
    But I dont like feeling "incomplete" so I want the new souls.
    I looked at my pocket in game and found quite a bit of plats (15k+) that I made from crafting and gathering.
    I pmed my neighbor gifter and gave him 2925plats and there I got my Dream Souls...

What $40 dollars?

Plane Walker

I don't mind the price of the new souls but I would have liked to see them offered individually. it will just mean I will have to grind for longer in order for me to get them as a bundle, as with REX prices I am about 4k short.
    Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    I don't mind the price of the new souls but I would have liked to see them offered individually. it will just mean I will have to grind for longer in order for me to get them as a bundle, as with REX prices I am about 4k short.
    If you dont mind losing out on a few loyalty points going with the REX path is much more expensive.

1st I assume most anti-cash people are non-patrons.
    Dream Souls cost 5000 credits for non-patron.
    5000 credit will take 4 REX which is about 4000 plats for US shards (however you do get 20k loyalty)

Now if you talk to a gifter they usually charge you .6 to .7 plat per credit with free patron discount. I paid .65 for mine which cost me 2925 plats. Thats 4500 creidt for under 3k plat which imo is a great deal, but doing it this way you do NOT gain any loyalty whatsoever.

Edit: for those who dont do anything ingame whatsoever and has no plat whatsoever and refuse to grind whatsoever, and do not want to deal with AH whatsoever, and do not want to pay 1 cent of real money but still want the dream souls... sorry theres nothing I can do for you.
    Last edited by Riftyrifter; 05-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.

I would bet my (lack of a) soul that the Soul Packs will never, ever be sold individually.

The xpans are free. All the playable content in the game is free. Future xpans are free. Optional fluff stuff is not free. The soul packs are optional. They are not free. The company must keep the lights on and the hamster fed.

Do your fishing dailies on all your toons (if they are max level and max in fishing) and you can make a TON of plat in a very short time, combined with selling artifacts on the AH for dinky prices. You will have enough REX to purchase the souls in a reasonable amount of time. At least, I did. I bought half with REX and half with $. It isn't like you absolutely need them *today*, and they aren't going anywhere.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast