+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Annual subscribers just got shafted

Default Annual subscribers just got shafted

My wife and I switched to annual billing when SL came out. We took the "free exp on annual plan" deal, and when you went FTP we just left it as such because it was easier. Yeah, I know, its cheaper to launder rex for patron, but we didnt wanna screw with doing that each month and worrying about creds for expansions, etc. Its more expensive, but its basically an all-inclusive deal.

Now comes the crappy part. This year Trion decided not to include the new souls! So, now we are supposed to pay an ADDITIONAL $40? Trion, you changed the deal mid-sub last time, I guess I shouldnt be surprised you would do it again, but at least last time you tried to honor your side of the deal. Expansions are supposed to be included in the annual sub, its the ONLY reason anyone would stick with it. So, for now Im staying calm and trusting that this was an oversight, not a slap in the face of your most loyal and committed customers.

Please fix this asap.
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 05-07-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnaught View Post
    This year Trion decided not to include the new souls!
    I don't think you're right about that Naught.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Souls have never been part of subscribing. You got the Storm Legion souls because you purchased Storm Legion, not because you were a subscriber.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I don't think you're right about that Naught.
    revealed to hear it, hoping its a bug, temperature lowering :P However, I just logged in to mess with it and sure enough, new souls not in my soulbuilder, soul pack available (not greyed like the SL soul pack) in the store.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

My wife and I switched to annual billing when SL came out. We took the "free exp on annual plan" deal, and when you went FTP we just left it as such because it was easier. Yeah, I know, its cheaper to launder rex for patron, but we didnt wanna screw with doing that each month and worrying about creds for expansions, etc. Its more expensive, but its basically an all-inclusive deal.

Now comes the crappy part. This year Trion decided not to include the new souls! So, now we are supposed to pay an ADDITIONAL $40? Trion, you changed the deal mid-sub last time, I guess I shouldnt be surprised you would do it again, but at least last time you tried to honor your side of the deal. Expansions are supposed to be included in the annual sub, its the ONLY reason anyone would stick with it. So, for now Im staying calm and trusting that this was an oversight, not a slap in the face of your most loyal and committed customers.

Please fix this asap.
    This is not an oversight, or anything advertised. There was a promo when Storm Legion launched to receive the Storm Legion Souls with a year long subscription when purchased between date X and date Y.

We have not advertised or run that promotion or any other soul promotion relating to subscriptions since that time.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Souls have never been part of subscribing. You got the Storm Legion souls because you purchased Storm Legion, not because you were a subscriber.
    No, Crit, I didnt purchase SL, I signed up for the annual plan which includes expansions. Yes, Trion decided to release the souls early this time, but if theyre gonna split hairs and use that to milk cash from their annual subs..... well I have an issue with that.

Ascendant

No, Crit, I didnt purchase SL, I signed up for the annual plan which includes expansions. Yes, Trion decided to release the souls early this time, but if theyre gonna split hairs and use that to milk cash from their annual subs..... well I have an issue with that.
    Okay I see why you are confused.
    Back when Storm Legion was released, if you decided to buy a year's worth of a subscription, you got Storm Legion for free.
    That was a part of the deal that they had set up at the period of time.

In this case, these souls are meant for the new expansion, and no such deal was being offered. You weren't cheated of your money or anything like that, you simply misunderstood the terms of what you were going to be given.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

It did not include expansions. It included Storm Legion (which happens to be an expansion). You purchased Storm Legion.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 05-07-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This is not an oversight, or anything advertised. There was a promo when Storm Legion launched to receive the Storm Legion Souls with a year long subscription when purchased between date X and date Y.

We have not advertised or run that promotion or any other soul promotion relating to subscriptions since that time.

~Daglar
    Daglar, please refer me to the place where you informed your annual subscribers they would no longer be receiving expansions with their subscription. Mine auto-renewed, even after shifting to FTP mid subscription last time. auto-renewal suggests renewing for the same subscription plan, or did Trion instead bill me for a completely different plan without my permission? Honestly Daglar, this is a pretty big issue, and I think you may wanna mill it over, perhaps talk to someone else over there before you continue the conversation. Thanks for replying, but you're now telling me you committed fraud, and this is about to escalate.
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 05-07-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Please fix this asap.
    When will people realize, Patron is not the same thing as a sub. It is not required in any way to play and grants you nothing other than exactly what it says on this page: http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/#patron

It is not a sub. Having it does not give you credits nor unlimited acess to everything the game has to offer. As Daglar pointed out, there was a promotion at one time that gave SL souls, but that was clearly labeled as a promotion and that it was not something that would be permanent or happen again.

Seriously people, Patron in Rift is nothing like a sub in other games.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Plane Touched

Yes, same as I got. I bought a years sub upfront to get the SL expansion for free. It was a purely SL related promotion.
    The social raiding guild with hardcore values
    Iriaella Tiadann Ophaelia Soaro Vie Amili
    @Gelidra

https://rift.trionworlds.com/product...PROMO_SLANNUAL

A FREE copy of our Storm Legion expansion (Coming Fall 2012)
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    When will people realize, Patron is not the same thing as a sub. It is not required in any way to play and grants you nothing other than exactly what it says on this page: http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/#patron

It is not a sub. Having it does not give you credits nor unlimited acess to everything the game has to offer. As Daglar pointed out, there was a promotion at one time that gave SL souls, but that was clearly labeled as a promotion and that it was not something that would be permanent or happen again.

Seriously people, Patron in Rift is nothing like a sub in other games.
    You are right. What I have IS a sub, one of the percs is patron status. plain and simple.

Actually, the annual subscription deal only applied to Storm Legion, you bought an annual subscription, therefore got given Storm Legion for free, as promised (the storm legion souls were part of that, which is why you got to keep them). It was not advertised as allowing you to have all expansions Trion would ever release for free, just that one.
    Last edited by Draiscor; 05-07-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Guild Leader of Dawn of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    Yes, same as I got. I bought a years sub upfront to get the SL expansion for free. It was a purely SL related promotion.
    Then if we signed up for a SUB prior to SL, and this is not a sub, its PATRON, then there is no way that I should have been auto-charged for this as I never approved it. If they wanna play the semantics game, fine, but they still have to do it legally. As is noted SEVERAL places all over the web, the annual deal is significantly more expensive than just purchasing rex. This really is the ONLY reason anyone would stay annual.
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 05-07-2014 at 05:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast