+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Annual subscribers just got shafted

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnaught View Post
    Then if we signed up for a SUB prior to SL, and this is not a sub, its PATRON, then there is no way that I should have been auto-charged for this as I never approved it. If they wanna play the semantics game, fine, but they still have to do it legally.
    They gave you exactly what they advertised.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

You were automatically charged because you signed up for a yearly sub.
    Instead of arguing, contact customer support and request your money back.
    They will refund the money if you ask them in time.
    If not...well...maybe they can do something for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

No, Crit, I didnt purchase SL, I signed up for the annual plan which includes expansions. Yes, Trion decided to release the souls early this time, but if theyre gonna split hairs and use that to milk cash from their annual subs..... well I have an issue with that.
    The reason i was subbing for a year at a time...lol. Live and learn and if Trion has their fingers in it...expect rng, lottery boxes and not at least buying you a dinner first (and no they will not respect you in the morning)..
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    "in time" would be 5 months ago. The fact is, the deliverable is due now, not then. I highly doubt they will go back, or even pro-rate it. Its worth a try, but to be fair I didnt start this thread to *****, I started it to let Trion know and ask WTF. Its not till a GM came on and basically said "eat it" that I started to *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Exactly. If they are going to play semantics with "its not a sub, its patron now" then they cant claim it as a renewal. Its either a different product, or its not.

"in time" would be 5 months ago. The fact is, the deliverable is due now, not then. I highly doubt they will go back, or even pro-rate it. Its worth a try, but to be fair I didnt start this thread to *****, I started it to let Trion know and ask WTF. Its not till a GM came on and basically said "eat it" that I started to *****.
    If you feel so legally entitled then please do show us the advertisement that states you would be given a free copy of all future expansions. Good luck with that endeavor.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

There is no deliverable now. Trion has and still is giving you everything they advertise(d) for the annual subscription, expansions and any other new things released after Storm Legion were not part of what has been advertised as part of the annual sub.

Also, Daglar's not a GM, he's the dude in charge ;)
    Guild Leader of Dawn of the Phoenix

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Daglar, please refer me to the place where you informed your annual subscribers they would no longer be receiving expansions with their subscription. Mine auto-renewed, even after shifting to FTP mid subscription last time. auto-renewal suggests renewing for the same subscription plan, or did Trion instead bill me for a completely different plan without my permission? Honestly Daglar, this is a pretty big issue, and I think you may wanna mill it over, perhaps talk to someone else over there before you continue the conversation. Thanks for replying, but this is about to escalate.
    Please contact our customer service department if you feel you have been billed in error for a year long subscription. Automatic renewal of recurring subscriptions is a multi-industry standard for subscription based services or offerings.

Year long subscriptions do not include expansions. That was a special promotion run once, that had an end date. It was very specifically marketed in relation to Storm Legion.

This is not Trion trying to be greedy, or defraud you.

We have literally, never advertised that this is an ongoing promotion. I'm sorry that you appear to be under the impression that it was. We have made no attempt to deceive you.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Executive Producer

My wife and I switched to annual billing when SL came out. We took the "free exp on annual plan" deal, and when you went FTP we just left it as such because it was easier. Yeah, I know, its cheaper to launder rex for patron, but we didnt wanna screw with doing that each month and worrying about creds for expansions, etc. Its more expensive, but its basically an all-inclusive deal.

Now comes the crappy part. This year Trion decided not to include the new souls! So, now we are supposed to pay an ADDITIONAL $40?

Yes. Just as with Storm Legion, the souls are extra, regardless of any plan one is on. It has always been that way.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Thank you for replying so quickly, i will contact customer support as advised.
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 05-07-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Plane Touched

The change from sub to patron was clearly advertised, we both got we signed up for free SL on paying for a year. There was plenty of time to cancel the renewal since the change to patron was made. I personally am keeping mine going and yes I'm buying the soul pack, it was never part if the original deal. The problem is purely that you misread/misunderstood the deal that you signed for.
    The social raiding guild with hardcore values
    Iriaella Tiadann Ophaelia Soaro Vie Amili
    @Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Draiscor View Post
    There is no deliverable now. Trion has and still is giving you everything they advertise(d) for the annual subscription, expansions and any other new things released after Storm Legion were not part of what has been advertised as part of the annual sub.

Also, Daglar's not a GM, he's the dude in charge ;)
    LOL, dags is in charge? Keep pursing those lips dude.

Ascendant

My wife and I switched to annual billing when SL came out. We took the "free exp on annual plan" deal, and when you went FTP we just left it as such because it was easier. Yeah, I know, its cheaper to launder rex for patron, but we didnt wanna screw with doing that each month and worrying about creds for expansions, etc. Its more expensive, but its basically an all-inclusive deal.

Now comes the crappy part. This year Trion decided not to include the new souls! So, now we are supposed to pay an ADDITIONAL $40? Trion, you changed the deal mid-sub last time, I guess I shouldnt be surprised you would do it again, but at least last time you tried to honor your side of the deal. Expansions are supposed to be included in the annual sub, its the ONLY reason anyone would stick with it. So, for now Im staying calm and trusting that this was an oversight, not a slap in the face of your most loyal and committed customers.

Please fix this asap.
    Did you fail to read the free to play stuff when it came out. It was abundantly clear what patron was. The stupidity of people who pay for patron not knowing what it actually is still astounds me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Did you fail to read the free to play stuff when it came out. It was abundantly clear what patron was. The stupidity of people who pay for patron not knowing what it actually is still astounds me.
    he failed to understand what he was spending money on when it was a sub. why do you think it would be any different now that he is spending money on patron

OP, accept that you are the one who has a made a mistake here. you got what you paid for. you just failed to understand what you were actually paying for
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Ascendant

Daglar, please refer me to the place where you informed your annual subscribers they would no longer be receiving expansions with their subscription. Mine auto-renewed, even after shifting to FTP mid subscription last time. auto-renewal suggests renewing for the same subscription plan, or did Trion instead bill me for a completely different plan without my permission? Honestly Daglar, this is a pretty big issue, and I think you may wanna mill it over, perhaps talk to someone else over there before you continue the conversation. Thanks for replying, but you're now telling me you committed fraud, and this is about to escalate.
    Wish I had seem this gem when I wrote my first posts.

For a year sub to renew you must have already been on the year long plan to begin with.

The deal you referring to was the Stormchaser bundle. The deal was NOT if you subbed for a year but bought this specific bundle. In essence the bundle was a one year block of time, more like a time card and you got the Storm Legion Expansion and an account wide mount, and I think a title.

When it was purchased the year was added on to your remaining days of any current subscription just like a time card. You your subscription was still active as yours must have been. when that remaining time elapsed the system then reverted back to your subscription and billed you for another year.

Your mind might be foggy but there this was NOT a deal for people who bought a year of time. Check your account history it'll have Storm Chaser

Relevant parts from my account history. Look at the dates.

2013-8-16 RIFT® Digital Purchase One Month Patron £8.99
    2012-8-14 RIFT® Digital Purchase Storm Chaser Edition £71.88
    2012-7-16 RIFT® Digital Purchase 1 Month Subscription £8.99
    2012-6-16 RIFT® Digital Purchase 1 Month Subscription £8.99
    2012-5-16 RIFT® Digital Purchase 1 Month Subscription £8.99
    2012-4-16 RIFT® Digital Purchase 1 Month Subscription £8.99
    No fraud took place you just didn't read/remember the descriptions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast