+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree61Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Doctors Without Borders Promotion (Medecins sans Frontieres) Bundle!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    The coat only has the coat. If you want the mask / boots you'd have to buy the bundle, and that comes with a pet + the dimension item doctor's bag.

Personally, I'd have been ok with just the coat. But I got the bundle anyway.
    Thanks for the answer. The jury is still out on which I'm getting.

This is a great promotion and it's fantastic that RIFT offers support like this. Props to the people at Trion who set it up!

Soulwalker

Default a little clarification

So when you buy the bundle is everything in there account bound meaning I buy it once and all my alts(I have many) will be able to sport the awesome doctors bundle pet and all? or am I going to have to buy a bundle for each character?

I *think* it means you get 1 bundle on the toon you bought it on, and in that bundle the costume pieces can be mailed to an alt. If you have like, a pet collection going on a main character then prolly best to buy the bundle on your main and send the costume to whichever toon you want to see in it.
    Duh.

Telaran

The store says "100% of the proceeds of the coat will be donated" But if you buy the bundle, what proceeds of that go to charity? I just found it interesting that it specifically says only the proceeds from the coat. So if you buy just the coat, that money goes to the charity but if you buy the bundle that doesn't? Or only the cost of the coat in the bundle go to charity?
    Last edited by Tarvos; 05-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvos View Post
    The store says "100% of the proceeds of the coat will be donated" But if you buy the bundle, what proceeds of that go to charity? I just found it interesting that it specifically says only the proceeds from the coat. So if you buy just the coat, that money goes to the charity but if you buy the bundle that doesn't? Or only the cost of the coat in the bundle go to charity?
    I believe $5 goes to the charity when you buy the bundle or the coat, the bundle just gives you more stuff along with it

Right in this very thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    $5 from each bundle purchase will also be donated.
    Note that if you buy credits more than $5 at a time, I think this means that you can actually end up paying Trion less $ than they end up giving to the charity.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Thanks Trion for incorporating charities into your products. Would like to see more for sure.

Pretty sure you'd make a nice profit and charity to a glaucoma org with a pot leaf cloak design.

Shadowlander

Default Donate directly

It is a nice gesture but it is better to donate directly.

Going through a third party, you don't know how much really gets donated, if said third party is just cynically doing it to increase profits or using it as a tax deduction.

There is value in letting people know that DWB exists, but generic awareness campaigns are empty calorie, feel good drives that don't really benefit the charity or cause.

I am not accusing Trion of any dishonesty, and I would be very shocked if they weren't on the up and up.

I am just pointing out that donating directly is almost always better.

If you like the goofy costume stuff, feel free to buy it, but then go to the DWB website and donate money or time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4