+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
Like Tree104Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Recycle Gear, Thank you!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default Recycle Gear, Thank you!

    T3 Armor, is old world T1 Gear - Probably why it was removed from the store. The same look can be had from searching the AH, makes sense to raid T3 for the "new armor" right?

    The upgrade paths to change the armor stats; Epemeral Element + Large Cell. Ridiculous.

    13,650 Infinity Stones for a T3 Crystal; Not like Infinity Stones are needed to change armor stats right?

    But they added a new mount at least. . .

    the Dev team to either fail to come up with new stuff or just sit around and laugh about doing nothing all day.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    T3 Armor, is old world T1 Gear - Probably why it was removed from the store. The same look can be had from searching the AH, makes sense to raid T3 for the "new armor" right?

    The upgrade paths to change the armor stats; Epemeral Element + Large Cell. Ridiculous.

    13,650 Infinity Stones for a T3 Crystal; Not like Infinity Stones are needed to change armor stats right?

    But they added a new mount at least. . .

    the Dev team to either fail to come up with new stuff or just sit around and laugh about doing nothing all day.
    You realize this was a hotfix, right? Not a major content patch like 2.7 which comes out next month? To get any content in a hotfix at all is something more than normal.


  3. #3
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You realize this was a hotfix, right? Not a major content patch like 2.7 which comes out next month? To get any content in a hotfix at all is something more than normal.
    You think new stuff will come then? its not like they havent had a year to work on ideas right?

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Rianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You realize this was a hotfix, right? Not a major content patch like 2.7 which comes out next month? To get any content in a hotfix at all is something more than normal.
    From what i've understood theyv'e been planning the t3 stuff for quite some time. If they really intend us to use recycled gear to this extent.../:
    Honestly? It's lazy. Sure the argument can be said that it's being reused because the entire raid is being reused, but if anything that just makes it look worse. Guild chat is kinda going thru this right now, and from what i'm seeing it seems like people aren't that impressed at all. God knows I'm not.

    FIrst, not only are these recycled raid-visuals, but also? They've been used as green quality item models since the start of storm legion, so not only are we getting recycled content, it's all stuff even NEW players have seen. I was all set to think...well, even if t3 was recycled, at least new players would see new stuff, right?
    But that's not the case, at least not for armor styles.

    I'm not gonna quit the game or anything, but this is pretty boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You realize this was a hotfix, right? Not a major content patch like 2.7 which comes out next month? To get any content in a hotfix at all is something more than normal.
    Techie, they've had time to work on this for ages. If anything the reuse recycle adage is becoming more and more prevalent. After a while it starts to feel like what's the point, although I'm still having fun with the actual process of upgrading my gear etc. (We just got reggie down 2 weeks ago, so we still have a long way to go.)
    Last edited by Rianne; 04-16-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    And I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam! 'Cause I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news everyday I am. I don't know, it's just the way I am.

  5. #5
    Ascendant shortycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Welcome to rift F2P minimum effort for maximum profit.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    From what i've understood theyv'e been planning the t3 stuff for quite some time. If they really intend us to use recycled gear to this extent.../:
    Honestly? It's lazy. Sure the argument can be said that it's being reused because the entire raid is being reused, but if anything that just makes it look worse. Guild chat is kinda going thru this right now, and from what i'm seeing it seems like people aren't that impressed at all. God knows I'm not.

    FIrst, not only are these recycled raid-visuals, but also? They've been used as green quality item models since the start of storm legion, so not only are we getting recycled content, it's all stuff even NEW players have seen. I was all set to think...well, even if t3 was recycled, at least new players would see new stuff, right?
    But that's not the case, at least not for armor styles.

    I'm not gonna quit the game or anything, but this is pretty boring.



    Techie, they've had time to work on this for ages. If anything the reuse recycle adage is becoming more and more prevalent. After a while it starts to feel like what's the point, although I'm still having fun with the actual process of upgrading my gear etc. (We just got reggie down 2 weeks ago, so we still have a long way to go.)
    Saying the raids are re-used is cheapening the content for sure. Same location? Sure. A few graphical tweaks added in as well? Yeah, there's a ton of new stuff in Greenscale's Binding. Lets also not forget these are not encounters bumped up to 60, they are completely redesigned mechanics.

    To me, re-using the gear skins from Rift 1.x makes sense here. We're going back in time to fight them, might as well go back in time with the look too. Here's my more important question though:

    Does anyone normally use their actual gear as their appearance? I'd estimate not, as most people utilize the wardrobe system anyway. Sure, some people will argue that the top end gear needs to look good (and in my opinion the old stuff does look good) but I will always use my wardrobes over it any day of the week.

    Take a look at the stats, you'll see how impressive the upgrade really is.


  7. #7
    Plane Touched Rianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Actually I do, or what's the point in getting it? Don't get me wrong - I don't tend to use the entire set, but I mix and match. Really looking forward to when I can buy the riftstalker chest piece for kat, cus frankly it looks awesome.

    But honestly, Techie - going by that logic, why not just have them create pieces of gear with no look at all? Thing is we've already seen these pieces A LOT. Theyr'e common, easily obtained just by farming mobs.
    I didn't comment on the mechanics or anything, because I haven't had a chance to do them - in fact, i'm absolutely not concerned with them, because from the sounds of it they did update the raids in that sense. If they were able to spend time doing that, why couldn't they revamp the looks, too? IF they'd been limited to t1 lvl 50 raid gear only (ie not level 50-60 greens) i'd probably be fine with it, but as it is it's pretty blah.
    And I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam! 'Cause I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news everyday I am. I don't know, it's just the way I am.

  8. #8
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    The introduction of the wardrobe system was literally the end of good looking regular armor sets for the most part.

    Did folks honestly not see this coming?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    You are going back in time to fight along side the heroes to seal the dragons. The appearances were chosen for this reason.

    We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

    ~Daglar

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

    ~Daglar
    1st, we are new armor sets for the expansion? Do you even english bro?
    2nd, high % of people use wardrobe, True statement hiding the fact of LAZY.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Lore reason doesn't work. We're not going back in time to Classic Rift, we're going back in time to Blood Storm War, with dragons and heroes at their peak (see: Lifebound Steel bundle as what would be more appropriate).

    Besides, these gear visuals are common in STORM LEGION too. lol yeah, no.

    I hoped and partially expected new sets for 3.0, so very glad there!

    The wardrobe system and how it is used by players is the only reason why I even tolerate this.
    If it wasn't so easy to use, these recycled armor skins would be completely unacceptable for any game playerbase.

    This is tolerable for players overall. Sure, we have wardrobe and lots of good stuff around now.
    IMO it shouldn't be acceptable or tolerable for the devs themselves.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-16-2014 at 10:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Polyester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    there is a reason why most players use the wardrobe feature.
    its because the the armour since id has been really unexciting.

    At least if this is the case can there be more new exciting wardrobe options meaning new unseen in world
    Last edited by Polyester; 04-16-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: error

  13. #13
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    As you can see, I'm not a raider in 2.X. So okay. But man, I'd be an upset raider today. I know many just play for the stats, so whatever, but many play for more than just that.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Polyester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    also why was we not given notice about the old raid currency going obsolete?
    on my alt Mage I was doing old instances to get the id warrior boots for waldrobe i guess now that can't be done?

    i guess i should've brought them sooner, but i guess i can buy them :P thats whats going to happen from now i guess.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    I have a nasty feeling about all of this, so I'm just going to go now, do something else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts