+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree104Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Recycle Gear, Thank you!

I like how if you say anything negative about trion you get an infraction. Makes me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    I like how if you say anything negative about trion you get an infraction. Makes me giggle.
    I think the last line shows exactly why he received that.

Negative feedback = okay.
    Negative assumptions based on nothing = not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    And this refutes it's recycled how?
    It's literally a continuation of the story that is set up in Ashora during the zone event. That is not recycled. How is Part A and then a Part B recycled? It's not Part A twice.

There are no tank mechanics during the world event. There is no extinction mechanic to worry about during the world event. There are no mass organized cleanses in the world event. I'm not even going to touch on how much his platform phase differs.

Sure, it would be a nightmare to see these implemented in a world event, but it explains exactly how different Volan in Dreams of Blood and Bone is from Volan in The Infinity Gate.

People who complain about Volan being in IG are people who do not understand the continuity of the story he has. I'd also wager to guess they've never participated in the fight while in a 20-man raid either, as the mechanics are so wildly different. I'm not even that deep into lore and I see it as a continuation of the story itself. It was meant to happen all along, not something that Trion said "we're out of ideas, lets just stuff Volan in there" for.

Asked "do you even english" that got nothing weird.

None the less, anyone remember the 2h hammer from GSB with the awesome SP proc? yep they reused it for T3. Broken stats till they patch it but still yet. Same relics. Oh and the 2h sword with the "sing twice" proc is back for t3 as well.

So old world relics are being used again and just upped the stats. big whoop.

Rift use to push the limits of new an exciting content, things most everyone could look forward to.

I guess its all about credit, and not the game anymore

Those weapon's had the heroes' names attached to them (Amunet's Shimmering Sparkblade). If we got Amunet's weapon (or a replica thereof) for killing LGS the first time, then going back and killing him with the help of Amunet should give the same weapon.

Lore-wise it makes perfect sense.

Anyway, those weapons were awesome and I'm glad they brought them back.

Ascendant

Not sure if It's been mentioned, but... If your a Defiant warrior, It's not completly recycled gear for us. It's the GUARDIAN old world T1 plate armor set. Sure, it was also dropped gear, some of it dungeon drops since I know that chest piece all to well, but straight vendor set wise, It's Tam's gear, not Lotham's.

Wonder what it's like for the other callings.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

It's beyond annoying that you Trion keep reskining gear, mobs/bosses and zones/instances. Like if I worked for the company I'd be disappointed at the standard that has become acceptable for this game. WildStar comes out in a month which is whatever to me but between WildStar, ESO and FFXIV there's a lot out there now. Don't even get me started on EQ Next because that is absolutely going to blow everything out of the water. But in the meantime until EQ Next comes out I'd like to enjoy the rest of my time in Rift and not keep seeing the same lazy reskins of loot, pets and mounts because it really detracts from the game.
    Tally/Taly/Talio
    | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 3/5 PB |

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    Asked "do you even english" that got nothing weird.

None the less, anyone remember the 2h hammer from GSB with the awesome SP proc? yep they reused it for T3. Broken stats till they patch it but still yet. Same relics. Oh and the 2h sword with the "sing twice" proc is back for t3 as well.

So old world relics are being used again and just upped the stats. big whoop.

Rift use to push the limits of new an exciting content, things most everyone could look forward to.

I guess its all about credit, and not the game anymore
    You're again asking for content in a hotfix, which I responded to your original post about.

Want something for everyone? Look at the major patches like the one coming out in two or three weeks.

Shadowlander

I think it would be "fair" to say that we should not judge on how things are not so well doing with Trion reputation so far given the feedback the community is providing after all the considered content (gear and skins, recycled content, wardrobes, etc..) that has been released up until present.

Lets all have a leap of faith and hope that 2.7 comes up with new and fresh content, if Trion delivers I'm sure we all will be happy kids all over again and not so many will remember how things were in the past. After all, games tend to improve as the time goes by or at least thats what supposed to be...
    Regardless luckily for Trion the Rift community seems to be very loyal and supportive no matter what, but as everything in life all has its limits.

Until then lets all drop the pitchforks and patiently wait for the 2.7 patch pretty please?

PS: I agree this latest move on reusing content/gear was indeed a very bad move. But I still love Rift!!

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Not sure if It's been mentioned, but... If your a Defiant warrior, It's not completly recycled gear for us. It's the GUARDIAN old world T1 plate armor set. Sure, it was also dropped gear, some of it dungeon drops since I know that chest piece all to well, but straight vendor set wise, It's Tam's gear, not Lotham's.

Wonder what it's like for the other callings.
    The mage gear is the Defiant version for sure. So Guardian mages can get it "for the first time" so to speak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6