+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Recycle Gear, Thank you!

Champion

Another day, another thing to overreact to on the forums.

I imagine you'll be seeing all sorts of new things for the expansion, and a callback to older eras is not the most awful thing in the world. If folks wanna get angry and upset about that, then once again I think you might be taking your gaming a little too seriously and might need a break.

Or, you know, throw tantrums. I'm sure that'll help.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Whatevs. And you budging in to post above nonsense is not annoying? Just because I used some caoslocks and exclamation marks I'm supposed to be labeled as irrational by you? Please stop. Where do you get the idea that you can patrol around and post these annoying remarks anyways.
    You are free to think my post(s) are annoying. I have no problem with that. You are free to feel my comments back to you are patrolling if you like. I can't stop you, though "patrolling" is not my intention.

I have no idea if you as an individual are irrational being I have never met you; but yes, your post was. Those are two very different things.

... though, telling me to "please stop" and where do I get the idea I can post my annoying (to you) comments, is kind of the antithesis of your vehement " WE CAN VOICE WHAT WE WANT!!!" statement, isn't it?

I mean, hell, irrational posts bother me to no end but I wouldn't tell anyone ever to stop posting. Just to be more rational when they do.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    You are free to think my post(s) are annoying. I have no problem with that. You are free to feel my comments back to you are patrolling if you like. I can't stop you, though "patrolling" is not my intention.

I have no idea if you as an individual are irrational being I have never met you; but yes, your post was. Those are two very different things.

... though, telling me to "please stop" and where do I get the idea I can post my annoying (to you) comments, is kind of the antithesis of your vehement " WE CAN VOICE WHAT WE WANT!!!" statement, isn't it?

I mean, hell, irrational posts bother me to no end but I wouldn't tell anyone ever to stop posting. Just to be more rational when they do.
    Is 'patrolling' a thing now? Can we make it a thing?
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Let's stop here coz our posts got nothing to with OP and continuing this nonsense will only annoy more ppl.

post 404: like water over pebbles, this comment can no longer be found. this is not the post you were looking for, move on.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-16-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Let's stop here coz our posts got nothing to with OP and continuing this nonsense will only annoy more ppl.
    Ok.

/ten char
    Faeblight

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post

Why don't you ask yourself the question: Would you rather see awesome gear models limited only to high tier raiding which is a small percentage of the playerbase itself, or would you like to see them modeling new wardrobe pieces that are readily available to every player in the game?
    edit: read that wrong. Anyways. there aren't even new gear models coming for wardrobe that's half decent. I don't even see any wardrobe items that look like "armor/gear" outside of things already in-game anyway..However the dimension artist just pumps out totally new items left and right. But wardrobe/gear seems to be done by a high-school art class working with commodore 64's.
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 04-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Saying the raids are re-used is cheapening the content for sure. Same location? Sure. A few graphical tweaks added in as well? Yeah, there's a ton of new stuff in Greenscale's Binding. Lets also not forget these are not encounters bumped up to 60, they are completely redesigned mechanics.

To me, re-using the gear skins from Rift 1.x makes sense here. We're going back in time to fight them, might as well go back in time with the look too. Here's my more important question though:

Does anyone normally use their actual gear as their appearance? I'd estimate not, as most people utilize the wardrobe system anyway. Sure, some people will argue that the top end gear needs to look good (and in my opinion the old stuff does look good) but I will always use my wardrobes over it any day of the week.

Take a look at the stats, you'll see how impressive the upgrade really is.
    A very poor attempt at White Knighting. I'm very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    You are going back in time to fight along side the heroes to seal the dragons. The appearances were chosen for this reason.

We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

~Daglar
    Yeah, recycling more raid bosses in the first expansion of the game. As an expansion - Rift's first expansion so much has been recycled.

Really, you're justifying reusing the armour because you are reusing the bosses in guise of time travel. I doubt it's a co-incidence but T2 was recycled is that because we though Volan before. I'm just using the same logic.

What has the wardrobe function got to do with it. We've had the wardrobe since 1.x and I'm sure just as many people used it back then. Some of the old tier sets make great wardrobe. Let's be honest here it has nothing to do with time travel. Is it a case of money or time?

I'd wager time travel and not money, being we're going to the planes soon, water being first, so they would need to tie up lore and chronological timey wimey stuff before we depart for there. Aky and GS make sense, being that's where we're headed, more or less. I've seen the raid streamed- looked really fun and different than the old versions of HK and GSB.
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

~Daglar
    yeah, if all the raid gear looks bad / boring / common, people will use the wardrobe to change their look, that's not rocket science
    Last edited by Veldan; 04-16-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Trion, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

Prophet of Telara

You could consider this laziness I guess. I would consider it efficiency though. As stated, most people will not even display it any way, favoring wardrobe outfits they have purchased with real money. Why waste art department time on something that's not going to be shown most of the time anyway?
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Trion, is that you?

I hope so. More money for them means more Rift for me! This is the best F2P model on the market by *far*. The team is paid with real world currency, not chupacabra tears and the laughter of unicorns.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-16-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Faeblight

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You could consider this laziness I guess. I would consider it efficiency though. As stated, most people will not even display it any way, favoring wardrobe outfits they have purchased with real money. Why waste art department time on something that's not going to be shown most of the time anyway?
    well then, I guess all the people calling Trion FTP Asian style cash grab are correct then. Typically people want to see new artwork, when something new is released in a game, especially for major content/expacs, crazy right? I mean the wardrobes are not even very good.

Trion at least needs to put effort into the wardrobes they sell for credits. But dang the White Knighting in this thread is stronk.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 04-16-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Ascendant

I hope so. More money for them means more Rift for me! This is the best F2P model on the market by *far*. The team is paid with real world currency, not chupacabra tears and the laughter of unicorns.
    Recycled content is the result of F2P. I assume with 3.0 all three tier will be Akylios. And the armour will be HK and each tier will be slight recolours. The continent will be a re-skinned ember isle. That's the direction the game is going. If free to play is bring in all this money it sure as hell isn't going to the dev team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast