+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
Like Tree104Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Recycle Gear, Thank you!

  1. #16
    Shadowlander Wavestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    You are going back in time to fight along side the heroes to seal the dragons. The appearances were chosen for this reason.

    We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

    ~Daglar
    Why can't you just surprise us for once? Throw us a bone. I'm sorry to say - but this is a really pathetic excuse. Everyone I talk to just uses excuses to defend Trion, how "Oh they've always done this, it's not surprising." and so on. This should not be the standard that should be met, let alone lowered time and time again. You should be proud of your work, not make excuses covering up why it's dissapointing.

    And now, as someone who usually doesn't speak their mind on the forums, I have to admit it's sad to see the Devs doing the same. Before this patch hit, you should really have taken a step back, ask yourself one question: Is this is quality content, or would the players be disappointed with it? You and I both know the latter is the case. Take my advice, if that is the case, delay the content. You won't get the communinty backlash that way.

    The only people defending this are yourself and a select few. And those defending this are just hiding the real fact of the matter or finding an excuse to. I would rather wait for quality content than have to wait for rehashed garbage. I really don't want to quit this game, but it seems like it's almost purposely making it harder to stick around.
    twitch.tv/wavestrike

  2. #17
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Lore reason doesn't work. We're not going back in time to Classic Rift, we're going back in time to Blood Storm War, with dragons and heroes at their peak
    I was going to, but then you did. I suppose next time I see Alsbeth in the RoS chron, I can say HAHA I wore it FIRST!

    Insta-Retcon: "The Heroes of the time not only were formidable in their battle prowess, but also in their impeccable fashion sense, which would remain incredibly in vogue for the next few hundred or so years."

    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  3. #18
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    I was going to, but then you did. I suppose next time I see Alsbeth in the RoS chron, I can say HAHA I wore it FIRST!

    Insta-Retcon: "The Heroes of the time not only were formidable in their battle prowess, but also in their impeccable fashion sense, which would remain incredibly in vogue for the next few hundred or so years."

    The raid gear we got from those raid's had the heroe's names attached to them. Your greater mark's got you Nyx's wardrobe. So either: You have the actual raiment worn by the hero, which means it would look the same, or you have a recreation of the raiment worn by the hero, which means it would look the same (as it did during the bloodstorm).

    The lore is an EXCELLENT reason to recycle these models, and it would actually be upsetting if they didn't.

  4. #19
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wavestrike View Post
    Why can't you just surprise us for once? Throw us a bone. I'm sorry to say - but this is a really pathetic excuse. Everyone I talk to just uses excuses to defend Trion, how "Oh they've always done this, it's not surprising." and so on. This should not be the standard that should be met, let alone lowered time and time again. You should be proud of your work, not make excuses covering up why it's dissapointing.

    And now, as someone who usually doesn't speak their mind on the forums, I have to admit it's sad to see the Devs doing the same. Before this patch hit, you should really have taken a step back, ask yourself one question: Is this is quality content, or would the players be disappointed with it? You and I both know the latter is the case. Take my advice, if that is the case, delay the content. You won't get the communinty backlash that way.

    The only people defending this are yourself and a select few. And those defending this are just hiding the real fact of the matter or finding an excuse to. I would rather wait for quality content than have to wait for rehashed garbage. I really don't want to quit this game, but it seems like it's almost purposely making it harder to stick around.
    There's a big reason people aren't "defending" this and it's not shocking: They don't care enough to defend it, and they're not offended.

    You see two types of complaints here on the forums: A vocal minority that has an opposing equal vocal minority to refute their claims with logic, or the massive issues which we've not seen since the EU cluster merge. You can see this probably falls under complaint variant A.

    Why don't you ask yourself the question: Would you rather see awesome gear models limited only to high tier raiding which is a small percentage of the playerbase itself, or would you like to see them modeling new wardrobe pieces that are readily available to every player in the game?
    Last edited by Techie Will; 04-16-2014 at 11:29 AM.


  5. #20
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    You are going back in time to fight along side the heroes to seal the dragons. The appearances were chosen for this reason.

    We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.
    Shouldn't the mark gear look more basic then, than the gear that was use during each dragon's death.

    Each set would need to look personal to each calling and role, as if they grew more powerful with what spare gear they had and as the races were coming together to bind a common foe shouldn't each have there own look and feel.
    So simple that you could see armies formed from these sets and know right away who and what they were.

    You could then infuse the the dropped gear with each element, in the form of crystals mutating onto pieces of armor or there magic glimmering on the surface.

    Well it's just an idea.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 04-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  6. #21
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    The raid gear we got from those raid's had the heroe's names attached to them. Your greater mark's got you Nyx's wardrobe. So either: You have the actual raiment worn by the hero, which means it would look the same, or you have a recreation of the raiment worn by the hero, which means it would look the same (as it did during the bloodstorm).

    The lore is an EXCELLENT reason to recycle these models, and it would actually be upsetting if they didn't.

    Nyx's came from HK, not RoS. The RoS model is what is being used, not HK.

    Unless my sleep-deprived mind is missing a key point, which is entirely likely.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  7. #22
    Champion Puny Mortals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    500

    Default

    In a sense, I agree with some of the hubbub about re-used wardrobe models.

    When new gear is released, most players rush onto the servers to see the stats it has AND how it looks. MMO Players are vain creatures (yes we are), to recycle old models for monsters or equipment comes off as "We didn't want to/couldn't think of anything else...".

    It's not a good look. No pun intended.

    I know it costs time and money to hash out new models for equipment, but you could easily scramble the equipment set models with other pre-existing equipment set models to make a cool looking set. Rather than just use the same old robe set that was made together.

    IE: Warlord's Leather Helm with Rakes Bundle for a neat Wild Western look.

    It pays to mix things up, in your case literally.
    Last edited by Puny Mortals; 04-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.

  8. #23
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Like I said in the other thread complaining about this, I have no problem lore-wise with using recycled gear if the Heroes used it- that's actually pretty cool. But we're not. We're using the Amunet set which comes from RoS. We *should* be using the Nyx's set, which comes from HK.

    (using mage as an example being I am one)
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  9. #24
    Plane Walker Furyon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    There's a big reason people aren't "defending" this and it's not shocking: They don't care enough to defend it, and they're not offended.

    You see two types of complaints here on the forums: A vocal minority that has an opposing equal vocal minority to refute their claims with logic, or the massive issues which we've not seen since the EU cluster merge. You can see this probably falls under complaint variant A.

    Why don't you ask yourself the question: Would you rather see awesome gear models limited only to high tier raiding which is a small percentage of the playerbase itself, or would you like to see them modeling new wardrobe pieces that are readily available to every player in the game?
    We are not TRION but their customers. WE CAN VOICE WHAT WE WANT!!! We don't have to think like TRION and accept their logic, or your logic for that matter. Following your logic we should have same skins for every dropped items because we have wardrobes? Seriously?? And everyone can put cash in to buy wardrobes right??
    Last edited by Furyon13; 04-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple metord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    You are going back in time to fight along side the heroes to seal the dragons. The appearances were chosen for this reason.

    We are new armor sets for the expansion - some of them are already done in fact.

    On a side note, a super high % of the player base uses the wardrobe feature to customize how they look.

    ~Daglar
    that's the biggest F U ive ever seen

  11. #26
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metord View Post
    that's the biggest F U ive ever seen
    Then you haven't seen very many, cowboy.

    Can we please keep come perspective here?
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-16-2014 at 12:18 PM. Reason: grrrrr
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  12. #27
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    We are not TRION but their customers. WE CAN VOICE WHAT WE WANT!!! We don't have to think like TRION and accept their logic, or your logic for that matter. Following your logic we should have same skins for every dropped items because we have wardrobes? Seriously?? And everyone can put cash in to buy wardrobes right??
    Or you can choose to accept no logic at all. Your cavalier usage of capslock and exclamation points make me believe most sincerely in what you are saying.

    ...in other news, I really really hate it when I basically agree with the topicality of some posts, then end up getting really annoyed with the other people who agree, because the other people who agree aren't being very rational about it, and then my sense of balance is thrown off and I have to step in, once again, as devil's advocate.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-16-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I lied. The Gearocalypse IS here!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  13. #28
    Plane Walker Furyon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Or you can choose to accept no logic at all. Your cavalier usage of capslock and exclamation points make me believe most sincerely in what you are saying.

    ...in other news, I really really hate it when I basically agree with the topicality of some posts, then end up getting really annoyed with the other people who agree, because the other people who agree aren't being very rational about it, and then my sense of balance is thrown off and I have to step in, once again, as devil's advocate.
    Whatevs. And you budging in to post above nonsense is not annoying? Just because I used some caoslocks and exclamation marks I'm supposed to be labeled as irrational by you? Please stop. Where do you get the idea that you can patrol around and post these annoying remarks anyways.

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleeborp View Post
    In a sense, I agree with some of the hubbub about re-used wardrobe models.

    When new gear is released, most players rush onto the servers to see the stats it has AND how it looks. MMO Players are vain creatures (yes we are), to recycle old models for monsters or equipment comes off as "We didn't want to/couldn't think of anything else...".

    It's not a good look. No pun intended.

    I know it costs time and money to hash out new models for equipment, but you could easily scramble the equipment set models with other pre-existing equipment set models to make a cool looking set. Rather than just use the same old robe set that was made together.

    IE: Warlord's Leather Helm with Rakes Bundle for a neat Wild Western look.

    It pays to mix things up, in your case literally.
    Agreed I don't think doing something like what you suggested would take too much extra work. I mean I get it the artists are busy with the expansion. But Trion still needs to worry about keeping people happy right now.

  15. #30
    Plane Walker Furyon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Agreed I don't think doing something like what you suggested would take too much extra work. I mean I get it the artists are busy with the expansion. But Trion still needs to worry about keeping people happy right now.
    Agree. I guess they wanted ppl oocupied with new titles released by competitors but bit more effort would have been nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts