+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: T2 is now able to be purchased through credits?

Shadowlander

Default T2 is now able to be purchased through credits?

* As a new tier of raid gear has been released, raid 2 armor and weapons are now available for credits on the Store under Equipment>Bundles!
    * As tier 2 raid gear is now on the Store, the credit price of raid 1 armor and weapons has been reduced.

I don't like that idea I feel people should have to earn it after t1, why not put more influence on 160% currency pots?. Opinions?

It will cost a small fortune and it is to discourage players from taking the route of just outright buying the gear. With unlimited ESM a week T1 gear is super easy to get anyways. If some players want to buy all it will do is bring them up to the level where they could do Tier 3 that good guilds will already be getting loot from. Additionally they are putting more influence on pots because they are allowing them to be used with FE stones for the first time. that gives players a quicker route to get T2 gear without having to buy it at an exorbitant price.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-15-2014 at 10:18 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

I have to agree. Your wallet should not represent your gear unlocking the ability to have the same gear that others have progressed months on to attain.

I would rather pay a flat fee per month to have the equal opportunity rather than see pay to win aspects.
    twitch.tv/wavestrike

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    It will cost a small fortune and it is to discourage players from taking the route of just outright buying the gear. If some players want to buy all it will do is bring them up to the level where they could do Tier 3 that good guilds will already be getting loot from. Additionally they are putting more influence on pots because they are allowing them to be used with FE stones for the first time. that gives players a quicker route to get T2 gear without having to buy it at an exorbitant price.
    I saw that but that's what I mean why even allow it to be bought when you can just tell people to buy the pots, maybe I am over thinking it but even so It doesn't feel correct.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflecakes View Post
    * As a new tier of raid gear has been released, raid 2 armor and weapons are now available for credits on the Store under Equipment>Bundles!
    * As tier 2 raid gear is now on the Store, the credit price of raid 1 armor and weapons has been reduced.

I don't like that idea I feel people should have to earn it after t1, why not put more influence on 160% currency pots?. Opinions?
    It was expected, although I was expecting it a couple of weeks time. If you work out the price in proper currency it's a ridiculous amount to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavestrike View Post
    I have to agree. Your wallet should not represent your gear unlocking the ability to have the same gear that others have progressed months on to attain.

I would rather pay a flat fee per month to have the equal opportunity rather than see pay to win aspects.
    T2 is still relevant content for a significant size of the population. Even some serious guilds haven't done all of T2 yet and it's been out for months.
    Last edited by Caitie; 04-15-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflecakes View Post

Much like how purchasing T1 gear with credits functions, the cost in IRL money FAR outweighs the benefits. While the possibility to purchase a full set of raid equipment with credits does exist, only those who can afford to (and probably would) gold plate their private parts would be able to do so.

Also bear in mind that, as a dps, no amount of credit-purchased raid gear will protect you from a 1-hit KO cleave or prevent your raid from wiping because the bearer failed a mechanic.

Frankly, I don't mind the fact that people can buy gear with credits. I gain much more satisfaction from earning my gear than anyone who whips out a credit card for it could. And even then, they're supporting RIFT and I'm totally fine with that.

-Kleeborp
    Last edited by Puny Mortals; 04-15-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    It was expected, although I was expecting it a couple of weeks time. If you work out the price in proper currency it's a ridiculous amount to be an issue.

T2 is still relevant content for a significant size of the population. Even some serious guilds haven't done all of T2 yet and it's been out for months.
    I'm all for nerfing the old content to help catch people up when new content comes out - THAT is expected. (And, I'm sure we'll see this happen soon.) I'm willing to accept that token tablets will affect FE stones, this is a fine medium. It still warrants people actually completing content, and Trion needs to make money, I get that 100%.

I'm sure a lot of people expected the gear to be purchasable with credits - just like when T2 arrived - expecting that is exactly the problem here. Think about it. It's going to draw people like myself away from the game. I want Rift to do well, I want it to succeed. And don't bother telling me that it being 'expensive' is the difference between it being acceptable or not.
    twitch.tv/wavestrike

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kleeborp View Post
    Much like how purchasing T1 gear with credits functions, the cost in IRL money FAR outweighs the benefits. While the possibility to purchase a full set of raid equipment with credits does exist, only those who can afford to (and probably would) gold plate their private parts would be able to do so.

Also bear in mind that, as a dps, no amount of credit-purchased raid gear will protect you from a 1-hit KO cleave or prevent your raid from wiping because the bearer failed a mechanic.

Frankly, I don't mind the fact that people can buy gear with credits. I gain much more satisfaction from earning my gear than anyone who whips out a credit card for it could. And even then, they're supporting RIFT and I'm totally fine with that.

-Kleeborp
    Yeah, I agree it is supporting the company. Like I said maybe I was over thinking things, thus I am glad people are expressing there opinions on it and making them valid. Just keep in mind I am not starting this thread to make a flame war happen I just wanted other peoples views on the matter. Thanks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wavestrike View Post
    I'm all for nerfing the old content to help catch people up when new content comes out - THAT is expected. (And, I'm sure we'll see this happen soon.) I'm willing to accept that token tablets will affect FE stones, this is a fine medium. It still warrants people actually completing content, and Trion needs to make money, I get that 100%.

I'm sure a lot of people expected the gear to be purchasable with credits - just like when T2 arrived - expecting that is exactly the problem here. Think about it. It's going to draw people like myself away from the game. I want Rift to do well, I want it to succeed. And don't bother telling me that it being 'expensive' is the difference between it being acceptable or not.
    If you want full desolate gear you gotta spend 400 dollars atm, if you want to buy full t2 gear good for you, prolly going to cost close to 600 dollars for it, not pay to win at all since this tier has been people unable to handle the mechanics, not so much the gear.

Instead of t1 raid geared noobs we will have t2 geared ones. I really dont care if they use $$ to buy it from store. They only support favouirite mmo game

Sword of Telara

I wouldn't call it pay to "win" tbh, I would call it pay to "stay alive a little longer while failing at the mechanics"

If people aren't clearing all T2's now, whipping out the Platinum Visa and buying a full set of Rift Walkers certainly isn't going to have them one shotting Abominus and Volan

More power to them if they like to throw money at the screen, far be it for me to tell someone how or what to spend their money on and most people should adopt that attitude as well.

Soulwalker

I don't like it i would be good if people have to get an item from T1 to be able to raid T2 as it allows them to learn the fights the raids don't get forgotten and it gives them a chance to not be carried in T2 raids because they brought their gear or even skip T2 and go to T3. So yes it a good idea for pots to be used with frozen eclipse stones.

Well technically speaking it's the lower end of Tier 2 gear.

To get relic weapons + Relic armour upgrades you'll need to be clearing the tier 2 content.

Adding to the fact that with Tier 3 gear, it won't be considiered best in slot by a landslide.

Adding to the additional fact that it will be crazzzzzyyyyy expensive.

I have no concerns about this making RIFT 'Pay to Win'.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Oh hey

It's this thread again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast