+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: T2 is now able to be purchased through credits?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    Regardless of cost or "they'll still be bad" this is some seriously muddy water now.
    There hasn't even been enough time since Rift Walker gear was released to obtain one full set with FES let alone 2 for the vast majority, even hardcore raiders.
    The simply reality is t2 gear is BiS for 99.5% of the community right now. I highly doubt there are more than a handful of guilds with 20 players all over 600 hit.
    Hell on Laethys my guild is getting shard firsts NOW for pants that are dropping off Ultane....

I've been raiding in t2 nearly since it's release and have 3, very near 4 Rift Walkers tank pieces (still no Warrior tank drops anywhere, but that's a whole nother story... not happy) and just 3 dps t2 pieces, from drops.

So now I can just bypass all of that by paying half a weeks pay? Seriously wrong....
    How can it be BIS for only some people o.O? Are you saying that because somebody can't do T3 currently it's BiS for them?

If that's the case my level 18 warrior demands and gear above level 18 be removed from Rift store as it's BiS for me.

Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by kwyh View Post
    54,000 store credits for T2 armor bundle (7 items)

58,050 store credits for T2 weapon bundle (3 items)

Above prices are after patron's discount.
    TY for the answers, but seriously the prices have gone up?

Jeez there has to be some really rich kids out there to afford this.....
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Regardless of cost or "they'll still be bad" this is some seriously muddy water now.
    There hasn't even been enough time since Rift Walker gear was released to obtain one full set with FES let alone 2 for the vast majority, even hardcore raiders.
    The simply reality is t2 gear is BiS for 99.5% of the community right now. I highly doubt there are more than a handful of guilds with 20 players all over 600 hit.
    Hell on Laethys my guild is getting shard firsts NOW for pants that are dropping off Ultane....

I've been raiding in t2 nearly since it's release and have 3, very near 4 Rift Walkers tank pieces (still no Warrior tank drops anywhere, but that's a whole nother story... not happy) and just 3 dps t2 pieces, from drops.

So now I can just bypass all of that by paying half a weeks pay? Seriously wrong....
    Where are you drawing the line for the vast majority?

Me, most of my guild minus recent recruits, my friends in other guilds, and practically every single person on my friends list who raids has had enough FES for a full set and most, if not all of a secondary set of gear. The majority skip out on pants though. Ultaine 'n all.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Upgraded my main hand weapon last night with a heart from a Volan kill, doubt I'll see folks with my weapon that only buy gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

Me, most of my guild minus recent recruits, my friends in other guilds, and practically every single person on my friends list who raids has had enough FES for a full set and most, if not all of a secondary set of gear. The majority skip out on pants though. Ultaine 'n all.
    While that's completely true, Meo, if you are a newer raider, you'll be lacking the FES for a full set, but that's a separate issue.

I can see something like buying a relic 1h being worth it, given that it should be a bit better than having the opposite class' relic. FES will be more and more common now, as you can just stack vials and go on farm night.

Oh, and Raivee can go and get that warrior shield he's been looking for.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; 04-17-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

Judging by your sig, you're in Addiction... bleeding edge hardcore raiding guild. You my friend, certainly would not be anywhere near the majority.
    On Laethys no guild has even gone beyond 2/3, 3/5 and there's only 3 4/4 guilds on the entire server (of which I'm an officer of one) as far as I'm aware.
    I'd imagine there are multiple other servers like that also.

Ascendant

Judging by your sig, you're in Addiction... bleeding edge hardcore raiding guild. You my friend, certainly would not be anywhere near the majority.
    On Laethys no guild has even gone beyond 2/3, 3/5 and there's only 3 4/4 guilds on the entire server (of which I'm an officer of one) as far as I'm aware.
    Then don't buy it. If you feel compelled to because you're still behind on gear, so be it. It's not going to alter your progression, and not going to get you ready for T3 if you still haven't cleared T2.

You don't need to be hardcore to have completed all Tier 2 content. The guild I'm in is casual. We raid 3 nights a week at the proscribed time and we never modify the days nor times for new content. We also have a higher tolerance for fail (the real measure of hardcore imo). Tonight we will clear IG, PBB and GA and that leaves the other 2 raid days for progression in Tier 3.

So even in a casual raiding guild you can acquire a lot of currency.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You don't need to be hardcore to have completed all Tier 2 content.

So even in a casual raiding guild you can acquire a lot of currency.
    Only if your not one of the raiding guilds on laethys apparently

BTW +100 likes for having a Blackadder quote in your sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Kleeborp View Post
    While the possibility to purchase a full set of raid equipment with credits does exist, only those who can afford to (and probably would) gold plate their private parts would be able to do so.
    What's the credit pricing for this gold-plating anyway?

Would it perhaps be a applied using a Lustrous Willy Augment?
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 04-17-2014 at 11:38 PM.

These kinds of threads are almost always posted by people who have no business talking about progression raiding. If people want to spend hundreds of dollars to catch up to the current tier of raiding, that's fine by me. It gives Trion a large sum of money to keep working on the game. Real raiding guilds understand that it is never about the gear, but the players. Dumping money on gear will prepare the in-game character, but not the player. No raiding guilds are going to keep a raider who has gear but no skills on their roster.

Plane Touched

It's ******** that they put weapons in the store.

I have raided Tier 2 9 hrs per week since T2 launch, and our progress is 3/3 IG and 3/5 PBB. You would think I'd seen a cleric offhand drop ONCE? Nope. Now i can purchase a flipping 2h from the store and make it a RELIC with marauders cells which i could EASILY afford - and i think Trion knows players like me can afford them as well quite easily.

75K FES is a ton - I'll be inside T3 by the time i have that much.

Also. T3 was released a bit early compared to the previous Tiers i think. Most raiding guilds has not completed the content - we're stuck on inyr

Anyway.. /rant off

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    These kinds of threads are almost always posted by people who have no business talking about progression raiding. If people want to spend hundreds of dollars to catch up to the current tier of raiding, that's fine by me. It gives Trion a large sum of money to keep working on the game. Real raiding guilds understand that it is never about the gear, but the players. Dumping money on gear will prepare the in-game character, but not the player. No raiding guilds are going to keep a raider who has gear but no skills on their roster.
    I fully agree on the player>gear part, but usually the raiding people like myself puts every effort into getting whatever min max we can get outside of raiding. Right now i see a relic 2h in the store - which i can only obtain if i spend credits......... Grrrr. Trion just knows most of us are missing an offhand!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    I fully agree on the player>gear part, but usually the raiding people like myself puts every effort into getting whatever min max we can get outside of raiding. Right now i see a relic 2h in the store - which i can only obtain if i spend credits......... Grrrr. Trion just knows most of us are missing an offhand!
    Try and kill mini bosses in T3, they drop rings and gloves, could fill in the gaps a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4