Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update 2.7

Default Update 2.7

I have perused over the forums, is there a ballpark release date for this. I am going on a trip across the pond I wanted to know if it was going to release prior to the trip or while I am away.

Thanks for your time,
    Mereinid

I looked at the times between 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6, and extrapolated 2.7 to be released around mid May, but it will be released whenever it's ready. Nobody knows any time frame right now.

Ascendant

Must be around 2 weeks now providing everything is going well. However I don't believe all the stuff is being released all at once. The best place to see what's going on with new content is the PTS on the forums for it.

With the way things are still changing with the souls, and the fact that the raid encounters for Tier 3 were slated for the "end of 2.6 and bridge into 2.7" there's no way it's a couple of weeks away in my opinion.

End of April, early May is what I've been speculating for a while at the "earliest". I'd feel a lot better if it came out later than that.

Default Ahh

Alright then, I have not been keeping up with all of the updates and the highs and lows of all of the souls. I tend to focus on my playing quests, artifacts and making more crap for the wife to shoehorn into all of her Dims!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to this. Luck and loot to you all. May all of your drops be Legendary!

Pure speculation since Trion haven't made any indications of a release date, but, looking at the current market:
    • Trion have given bonus XP weekends and held PTS Test Events during ESO's beta weekends. They've given the recent 2x bonus currency/2x loyalty and bonus boss loot during ESO's early access.
    • As far as I can recall, they did similar bonus weekends/etc during GW2's beta weekends.

Trion have long stated they understand that with every new major MMO release there will be a reduction in the player base before it starts picking back up as players return after the first free month, or when a new patch arrives in RIFT. Same goes for other MMORPGs - a portion of the population temporarily leaves to try out the new thing - then a portion comes back; more come back during new content patches/expansions, and then they leave when they've done the content. It's like a cycle.

That said, I'd speculate that the following will probably occur:
    • 4-5 weeks after the official launch of ESO (Thursday, 4th April), we'll get a sneak peek at an upcoming Tier 3 Raid encounter.
    • They mentioned Tier 3 encounters would trickle in at the end of 2.6 and into 2.7. My guess is they'll release one Bindings of Blood instance per two weeks or so. They'll probably provide livestreams and new gameplay articles (not just lore) on each new 2.7 soul one per fortnight to hype up 2.7 starting from 25th of April when ESO's 'free' month is almost over.
    • They'll also slot in a teaser to each Tier 3 Bindings of Blood instance about a week or two before they are released.
    • They'll then release the first Bindings of Blood instance on 28th May 2014.They'll likely also do a round of nerfs to Tier 2 and Tier 1 again to push more guilds through. There will probably also be another bonus weekend or bonus loot week to parallel the launch of WildStar.

Releasing the first of the Bindings of Blood instances so close to WildStar launch (June 3rd) is likely to attempt to get the hardcore and progression raiders to remain concentrated on Rift.
    • 2 weeks later on 11th June 2014 they'll announce "2.7 is just around the corner", "very soon" and "we'll announce the release date next week"-type deal that they've done before. They'll also release the second Blinding of Blood instance.
    • The following week they'll announce that the release date is the week after.
    • So my prediction is 25th June 2014 for Patch 2.7 release. (likely also when 3rd Binding of Blood instance gets released; Runic Athenaeum quests open up).
    • To help tide things over and keep the 'content' flowing - Summerfest can begin a week or two after WildStar launch.
    • After a while, 3.0 teasers starts coming forward in-between Patch 2.8 information as the media attention on ESO and WildStar dies down.

This way they avoid slotting 2.7 in the one-month gap between the end of the 'free' month of ESO and the launch of WildStar. I.e. ESO launch 4th April 2014. One month = 4th May 2014. Wildstar launched 3rd June 2014.
    Probably not a good idea to slot a major content patch in-between those times if you want media attention and retention of players. Otherwise if they do launch 2.7 in May, they'd need to extend the content releases during Patch 2.7 out so that they can nab people at the end of Wildstar's 'free' month.

Putting 2.7 on 25th June 2014 could risk losing Summer School Vacation players in the Northern Hemisphere to WildStar, whose launch is perfectly time for that vacation period. However, I don't think Trion would want to release a major patch at the same time or too close to a major MMORPG launch.

tl;dr - I predict 25th June 2014 for Patch 2.7 release date.

Champion of Telara forbiddenlake's Avatar

early May!
    Hello, a cheerful voice said in his mind. Would you like to destroy some evil today?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Putting 2.7 on 25th June 2014
    Serious ? Ok bye bye Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Energie View Post
    Serious ? Ok bye bye Rift.
    Meh, pure speculation. I could be completely off and it gets released next week.

Meh, pure speculation. I could be completely off and it gets released next week.
    Daglar popped in on Deepwood and said that 2.7 wouldn't be this month, but probably early next month.
    Rianeva@Deepwood
    undecided
    4/4 - 2/5

Telaran

I think I saw 2.6 adds like a month in advance of its release. So take that and do what you want with it.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

tl;dr - I predict 25th June 2014 for Patch 2.7 release date.
    Bad guess You are waaaaaaaaay further than when it is.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    I'm glad my speculation is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    I'm guessing May 7th or 14th.

Rift Chaser

tl;dr - I predict 25th June 2014....
    yes you guessed Archeage closed beta.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast