Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: [RIFT] 2.7 Arbiter Gameplay - Exclusive First Look at Mage Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    mages don't manage mana they manage charge
    You manage charge to maximize your dps/efficiency, it is not your resource. You still do things if you have 0 charge. Rogues can't do anything with 0 energy, warriors can't do anything with 0 power.

@moonfire you sound bitter and jealous but I see your point. sorry, you do but I see your point. when I was looking over the soul abilities I couldn't help thinking of all the raid bosses where it would be just awesome.

I thought that of oracle and physician as well though not to the same degree

From Trion's point of view they need to be awesome and desirable to sell, I don't really see them being anything but a little OP
    More jealous than bitter, I suppose. But mostly its just a really heavy sense of futility.

My rogue tank set has 5 pieces upgraded with planebreaker hearts. That's probably 4 more than most raiders will see in months, and 5 more than the great vast majority of the population. Its also got tens of thousands of plat's worth of min/max tuning in the form of upgraded parts, runes, cape materials and more than a few thousand plat spent on dream orbs rolling for that absolute highest stat for the slots.

And all of that summarily amounts to nothing compared to what Arbiters are. And I very much doubt I am going to go through the same extraordinary effort gearing my mage alt to tank.

I just don't think I have it in me to do it all again.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Dont worry, lot's of things was OP with the release of SL and later nerfed or fixed (tact/bard heals bugs etc). Somebody will have to tank until mages will get their tank gear ready, so you cant stop tanking right away ;) (unless people plan to spend ~ 100k ESM on T1 from rift store)
    That's from your perspective of the people you know. There are a handfull of mages in my guild who can drop the FES right off the bat to pick up enough pieces of T2 mark tank gear to be able to start nearly right away, with cleric tank accessories and trinkets already in hand.

So no there is no gear up time for us. The time it takes for mage tanks to make their debut for my guild is the day the patch drops.
    [/quote]

As for Energy Starvation on RS you could just sacrifice some EHP and get 13 pts in to tactician for +15 maximum energy and Barrier Remote. T2 encounters doesnt require full T2 gear to start so you really shouldnt have problems doing them without top EHP.
    That's a terrible spec that doesn't actually solve the energy issue. Having 15 more max energy does diddly. It would maybe let you use one more ability before you starve.

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Wait, you sure you not a warrior tank in disguise? We're still waiting to get caught up -_-
    Warriors are somewhat closer in terms of tank abilities and utility, though not by much.

My warrior alt's in the mid-50's, so I can't really comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Warriors are somewhat closer in terms of tank abilities and utility, though not by much.

My warrior alt's in the mid-50's, so I can't really comment.
    Give me your hit points and I'll leave ya alone. Promise. I was feeling epeen strong at 92k

#retiredBear #teamBBCs

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Give me your hit points and I'll leave ya alone. Promise. I was feeling epeen strong at 92k
    Absolute max currently for rogue tanks self buffed is 97600ish.

I'm at 96400. Was actively chasing after the last few points, now I just don't think i care anymore.

You can have my hit points.

Booo... hiss...

*spray paints "ROGE TANK 4 LYFE" all over the OP's post*

Heee heee he heeee!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Yea it's really good fun to play and the VFX are fairly nice and smooth, feels pretty awesome throwing around bolts of ice and air.

I am actually using Arbiter+ Stormcaller/Warlock ;) The awesome thing about Mage tanking is the incredible diversity and utility found in low tiers of sub souls, like for example you can go into Pyro to get flicker or Dominator to get AOE silence, reflect and mana drain or even Archon to get power drain, a cleanse and increased endurance via Searing Vitality. I could talk about sub souls that can combo with Arb all day long! It's really awesome the utlity you can get out of Arbiter with those 15 extra points tho!

Not a problem! I am glad at least someone enjoyed it!

right on really looking forward to being able to mix in different souls together if i had all the time in the world id prob have every combination :P

Ascendant

After doing overviews of all the souls on livestream today the ones I most want to play are arbiter and oracle (oracle is so cool). In short....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

For those of you against mage tanking...

#1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Founder of www.manoflegends.com - The ultimate education resource for RIFT

Not against mage tanking. Just disliking developers breaking our current system even more than it already is

#retiredBear #teamBBCs

There's an entire separate thread for the dude(s) who are against the concept of mage tanking.

I just wish it wasn't so blatantly superior over existing tanks.

I feel like this thread is getting even more intense.
    Yep. I posted comments in the cleric thread, but this is the soul I'm most stoked about.

I hope they don't super nerf this just to placate RS tanking. I want them to fix my rogue, not nerf my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    Yep. I posted comments in the cleric thread, but this is the soul I'm most stoked about.

I hope they don't super nerf this just to placate RS tanking. I want them to fix my rogue, not nerf my mage.
    I'm really hyped for the Liberator in all honesty, to me it is the most fun out of all of the new souls, but I've always had a major love for healing!

I think they are leaning toward buffing Riftstalker, I know there are a couple of new abilities being added in the near future and Vladd is looking at ways to improve the Riftstalker soul. There's something about Riftstalker at the moment that really puts me off the soul, I can't quite put my finger on it. However during 'chocolate' or vanilla RIFT, I loved Rifstalker, it was my favorite tank by a landslide, but at the moment, I much prefer Mage and Cleric Tanking.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Founder of www.manoflegends.com - The ultimate education resource for RIFT

Please, please, Trion let this go live just the way it is. If rogue tanking has issues, then fix rogue tanking by all means, but don't nerf something that doesn't need it to even it up with a soul that needs attention. I don't tank on my rogue, I hardly play him, but if there are issues with tanking that class, nerfing a mage soul isn't going to correct the problem.

Daileth@Greybriar

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3