+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mayhem Week?

Soulwalker

Fix this killing blow bull, please.

We allready have 1 antisocial event in the "Unstable artifacts".
    I don't think a 2nd is necessary, with people running around stepping on eachother to get killshots.

I managed to scrape together ~400 kills doing rifts and invasions non-stop between 02:00 - 07:00 in the morning.

As it is, I feel sorry for the people who are only able to play limited time during peek hours, and/or usually enjoy playing healers/support during zone invasions.

Shadowlander

Is it normal that killing in a group is frowned upon because only first hit appears to give credit. if you hit it 2nd you get no credit.

Killing Blow = Terrible Mayhem

Going to try to get my quest done this time (maybe), but otherwise keep my distance.

EDIT: Thanks for the semi-fix though. As long as I can complete it sometime, I appreciate it
    Last edited by Maeloda; 03-16-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Soulwalker

OK, this confirms why I'm struggling so bad with this.

I mentor to level 10, and I'm still barely getting any credit. At least I understand why now.

This really needs to be fixed. I fight enough with people stealing artifacts, mining, rare critters, etc. I don't need another reason to fight them.

Shadowlander

Default MikeD

(Wrong account, my husband was logged into his on my computer, and I didn't notice, opps)
    Last edited by DemonBlaze; 03-16-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Telaran

i hope it gets extended by the nr days its bugged.

I tried it.. and as a lower level char (even with the mentoring set to 20 for rewards off rift) - i just kill them slow - solo would take me just extremely long.

Default MikeD

Now that I am on my account, lol.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude because I don't mean to be...

I don't really want the event extended due to the glitch of killing blows, I would rather just have it fixed. I am a healer, normally I just have to tag a mob for it to count for me. and heal the group, (which is what I enjoy doing).. Not have to fight some other random(or a friend) person to kill a mob...

I like playing together not being stepped on, or having to step on others to get my stuff done. One thing about Rift that made me fall in love with the game is how the events/invasions bring people together and work together to complete it. This just makes me dread when I see another player come up to a rift I opened...

Just my view on it.

Thanks for your time. Have a good day if you aren't already having one!

Telaran

yeap. playing heal mage too and i don't have the dps output to compete with damage classes.

I just tried - 30 rifts and i managed to get 20 kills.

This heavily favors high dps /aoe classes who can easily get the last hits. Solo 700 would take more then the extended few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketec View Post
    yeap. playing heal mage too and i don't have the dps output to compete with damage classes.

I just tried - 30 rifts and i managed to get 20 kills.

This heavily favors high dps /aoe classes who can easily get the last hits. Solo 700 would take more then the extended few days.
    Well, That is the thing for me though, technically I could do this quest solo in a few hours, that wouldn't be hard. But I don't play this game to play solo, I am in a guild, I enjoy playing with them and grouping together. I don't want to do Rifts solo, I like playing with other players in a game. And that is what Rift, to me is all about. Bringing the community together.

Till anything is changed though if I want to finish this, I am going to have to go far out of my comfort zone, and go into a dps role, and do my best to solo some rifts. Which is doable, just not something I would choose to do if I had an option.

Other option is to just do the Mayhem event it's self. And not the quest. But that is almost not a possibility for me, I love do every quest in a zone, in order too. I even go for the achieves for the quests in each zone.

Sorry if this seems like complaining. I am not trying to. Take care!

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

The weekly quest will share party progress in the next build, which should alleviate the killing blow bug somewhat. As for the killing blow issue, I suspect it's related to a combination of things we haven't tried on Live shards before: kill quest + targeting a broad creature category (rift/invasion) + in specific zones + no party progress sharing + requires that the mob grant experience. We'll look into fixing this Monday, but it may not be fixed for the next build.

Default Thank you, MikeD

Well thank you very much for taking us into consideration, I really appreciate it. I am sure others do as well.

Since I posted my last msg on this tread, I did go into a more dps role for my warden build I made, I tried the inquis role my Husband made me and well, lets just say, I was horribad, lol. I had been farming Invasion mobs/rift mobs, for well not sure for how long, it says 6pm on the thread, and it is only 5:30 my time, haha, but from the time between my post and yours has been an hour, so at least that, so I am thinking its been 1:30. I managed to go from 170, to 342, which is close to halfway. I need a break though, haha. (Just saw the time stamp on my post, guess it's been a few hours 6:20-9:27 from my first post to this one. )

And also thank you for keeping us informed. For that I am very grateful for also!
    Last edited by Rainel; 03-16-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Rift Chaser

Whilst I appreciate that the problem is receiving prompt attention, I do begin to wonder about the testing and change approval setup at Trion these days. You're kind of giving the impression of a bunch of guys programming this in their garage rather than a professional company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainel View Post
    Now that I am on my account, lol.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude because I don't mean to be...

I don't really want the event extended due to the glitch of killing blows, I would rather just have it fixed. I am a healer, normally I just have to tag a mob for it to count for me. and heal the group, (which is what I enjoy doing).. Not have to fight some other random(or a friend) person to kill a mob...

I like playing together not being stepped on, or having to step on others to get my stuff done. One thing about Rift that made me fall in love with the game is how the events/invasions bring people together and work together to complete it. This just makes me dread when I see another player come up to a rift I opened...

Just my view on it.

Thanks for your time. Have a good day if you aren't already having one!

This is my sentiments too. I'm not a healer, but I don't have any quick mass kills either, plus have high latency being in Australia, so getting a killing blow is not easy. I try to race others to open my own rifts, and just cringe when anyone else joins as that means no more killing blows.

I also have a lowbie that is level appropriate for Freemarch, in doing rifts for almost 4 hours on this one, I earned just 40-50 kills (many of those were on invasions I stumbled on), and that was only after most everyone else had logged for the night.

I am in Freemarch mentored down doing the Gathering of Souls event & getting credit for the mayhem kills is hit or miss, I am in a raid group killing both invasions & closing rifts

Twitter Facebook & Twitch Rift Community Creations
    Reach me in Rift Kristl@Greybriar Events Officer of Mistakes Were Made

Rift Master

500+/700 so far and just mentoring down to zone event levels this weekend and didn't have problems killing invasions/footholds. Didn't even bother with rift spots as everybody was trying to get the Mayhem quests finished up. Most likely I'll have the remaining <200 finished tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast