+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mayhem Week?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Mayhem is now active in Silverwood and Freemarch. There's no world event UI this time, so the only indication that it's running is the Weekly quest available from the Planar Challenger in Meridian/Sanctum.

I will turn it off Wednesday 3/19 at 10am PST. Let me know if there are any problems.

Boy you weren't kidding!! I didn't get a chance to do these before- they are FUN! I was advertising in chat about it after you posted and a TON of people came out. Not just because I posted as I'm sure it became fairly obvious soon anyway, but you get my meaning, heh.

No problems so far- I love the chaos of the parades, carnival, mech stuff, and Mayhem all smooshed together!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

Default Mayhem Kill Credit

Strange, let me know the names of the rifts/creatures you kill that don't give credit and I'll take a look.
    So I was doing the Mayhem in a raid group today, and noticed that I only get credit if I make the killing blow. Is this the way it's supposed to be??

There are over 20 people hitting all the rift creatures and only 1 person will get the killing credit? So you'd have to be lucky to land the last hit, I hope that's a bug.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

The killing blow issue is definitely a bug, sorry about that. Since it will be tough to complete the Weekly quest as a result, it will stay in your quest log after Mayhem ends (though it will no longer be offered after Wed.).

Soulwalker

The killing blow issue is definitely a bug, sorry about that. Since it will be tough to complete the Weekly quest as a result, it will stay in your quest log after Mayhem ends (though it will no longer be offered after Wed.).
    How long will it stay in our quest log? Indefinitely? I'm just planning on getting the quest on all my characters and not even trying to complete it until the bug is fixed. I've closed about 5 rifts so far in a raid, and only got credit towards 11 kills...so it's just not worth trying right now.

Rift Master

Just do invasions off rifts/footholds, I'm already over 200/700 and got the rest of the weekend to finish easily. Rifts are going to be slow if you don't do the killing blow, but with invasions you most likely will be the only one there.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Anyone got a link to an explanation of what "Mayhem week" is for people who might not remember?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

I'm so glad it's a bug! Trying to get a killing blow with full raid is next to impossible

Thanks!

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by sfreemanoh View Post
    How long will it stay in our quest log? Indefinitely? I'm just planning on getting the quest on all my characters and not even trying to complete it until the bug is fixed. I've closed about 5 rifts so far in a raid, and only got credit towards 11 kills...so it's just not worth trying right now.
    Not indefinitely. Probably no more than an extra week. I'll keep you posted.

Soulwalker

Not indefinitely. Probably no more than an extra week. I'll keep you posted.
    Is the bug going to be fixed at some point, or is it just being extended so we have extra time to grind it out through the bug? I would rather not try to kill 700 rift creatures solo.

Maybe change the MOTD to let people know Mayhem is active in Silverwood/Freemarch?

Ah that's why I didn't notice- I picked up the quest way after I had been doing the events. Then I wondered why it was so low!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Anyone got a link to an explanation of what "Mayhem week" is for people who might not remember?
    http://riftgrate.com/2014/03/15/mayh...sia/#more-3860

I'm a little butt hurt about the killing blow bug.
    60 Chloromancer - R60 Safeword, Explorer of the Depths @Deepwood
    60 Tactician - R60 Handcuffs the Speechless @Deepwood
    60 Defiler - R50 Roodpart, Lady of Mayhem @Deepwood
    60 Tempest - Melllvar the Charitable @Deepwood

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Oh! I have some of those dirt clods from a previous event, I just didn't know what the event was.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Given how much longer things are going to take having to get Killing Blows (exponentially), rather than just helping to help kill planar mobs, it hardly seems worth the time. Just doing dailies/onslaughts would get you far more IS than completing this quest. Even getting a Crucia Crate doing doesn't at all make it worth spending what is going to take several more hours than it should have. If I stay in Dendrome/Ashora doing dailies and mining/foraging, I'll have fare more IS and more than enough plat to buy several Rare lockboxes off of the AH.

Unfortunate.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Wow, it's almost an embarrassment of riches, all these events going on at the same time. I missed that there was a quest, but from the sound of it, it won't be finishable anyway. I love the Mayhem events. The players that participate seem to be really into it, and this time around, there seems to be something going on in Freemarch almost non-stop. I'm having a blast!

Last edited by Shattered; 03-15-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast