+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
Like Tree30Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage tank soul and tank gear in 2.7 whats the plan?

  1. #31
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post

    A lot of people are seeing it like this: We are getting something new, that everyone else already had access to for a long time, so since everyone else had it a long time, we should get what they built up over that time, since we didn't have that same time to build it up.
    I don't necessarily think mages should just be given the gear, though I wouldn't complain either

    I don't like to assume, hence asking on the forums for clarification on how the gear would be obtained and for what currencies so I can be prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

    tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

  2. #32
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twylyte View Post
    Daglar told us not to give full breakdowns of the spec, and with 2.7 being the release of the souls, why not give a little bit of info, given originally the spec involved a pet, most would like to know how it is going to turn into a tank from cloth.
    The player he is talking to has been testing Arbiter for many months with myself and others. I found it funny he was telling him something he already knew.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    Nope.

  3. #33
    Ascendant SoulshadowDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    I don't necessarily think mages should just be given the gear, though I wouldn't complain either

    I don't like to assume, hence asking on the forums for clarification on how the gear would be obtained and for what currencies so I can be prepared.
    I don't like to assume either, and odds are we wont really know until 2.7 patches, but in this case, I would assume from Daglars post, that on the day 2.7 launches, there will be worldgear for IS, dungeon gear for ESM, T1 raid gear for ESM, and T2 raid gear for FE(assuming FE's arent downconverted again due to the impending T3 release,) along with drops added to the chronicles/experts/t1/t2 raids. As long as they get it finished... but we wont really know until then.

    Personally, i'm going to stockpile as many ESM's as i can.. at the least it will get me a few pieces of T1, worst a full set of expert.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

  4. #34
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    When they changed the baseline PvP gear from Mercenary to Freelancer they added an option to turn in your existing Mercenary gear for the favour purchase price. I doubt it will happen but it'd be awesome if they let us do a trade-in like that, or perhaps added upgrade paths to the existing Mage set(s) that allow us to turn DPS pieces into tank ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twylyte View Post
    Daglar told us not to give full breakdowns of the spec, and with 2.7 being the release of the souls, why not give a little bit of info, given originally the spec involved a pet, most would like to know how it is going to turn into a tank from cloth.
    It's magic. We're Mages.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-07-2014 at 01:44 PM.

  5. #35
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    126

    Default

    What are you mages doing with all of those marks then? If you've been selling them off for Coruscating then I don't have a lot of sympathy for you...and yet you have a decent amount of time now to start saving them up.
    If you have zero marks right now you can save up enough to grab the toughness pieces of T1 the moment the gear goes live.
    Last edited by That Cleric Megara; 03-07-2014 at 01:48 PM.

  6. #36
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    What are you mages doing with all of those marks then? If you've been selling them off for Coruscating then I don't have a lot of sympathy for you...and yet you have a decent amount of time now to start saving them up.
    If you have zero marks right now you can save up enough to grab the toughness pieces of T1 the moment the gear goes live.
    I will not have a Cleric talk down to me about how easy it is to acquire gear.

  7. #37
    Ascendant SoulshadowDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    When they changed the baseline PvP gear from Mercenary to Freelancer they added an option to turn in your existing Mercenary gear for the favour purchase price. I doubt it will happen but it'd be awesome if they let us do a trade-in like that, or perhaps added upgrade paths to the existing Mage set(s) that allow us to turn DPS pieces into tank ones.

    It's magic. We're Mages.
    Now that's an idea i wouldn't be opposed to, as long as it was added across the board for all callings, (I already have tank gear on my warrior and cleric, so it wouldn't affect me.) Being able to convert a dps set to a tank set with upgrade components that aren't as expensive as the actual gear piece would have cost, would be a novel idea.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

  8. #38
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    Ok yes you could have had a full set of tanking gear for your mage but you don't. And why don't you .? because it isn't in the game yet thats why.

    So when the new feature comes out you will have to grind the gear for it or don't tank. Or you could just buy some gear from the cash shop as I am sure there will be a starting lvl 60 set in there just like the other classes have a starting level 60 set.
    So when warriors, rogues and clerics new feature comes out, why don't they? Why do they not have to buy gear from the cash shop? Why because I am a mage do I have to do more than any other class to try out my new shiny?
    Last edited by Lathais; 03-07-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  9. #39
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I will not have a Cleric talk down to me about how easy it is to acquire gear.
    I'm sure you'll be getting the first drops so i wouldn't be too upset.

  10. #40
    Plane Touched Kita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Guessing lots of Magic Shields that absorb damage instead of Damage Mitigation from Plate-Armor.
    Last edited by Kita; 03-07-2014 at 02:05 PM.

  11. #41
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    What are you mages doing with all of those marks then? If you've been selling them off for Coruscating then I don't have a lot of sympathy for you...and yet you have a decent amount of time now to start saving them up.
    If you have zero marks right now you can save up enough to grab the toughness pieces of T1 the moment the gear goes live.
    Spending them on my healing set. Not everyone is a super hardcore raider that has already had everything forever. My guild is still working on Crucia and EE, so we are still getting T1 gear.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  12. #42
    Ascendant SoulshadowDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why because I am a mage do I have to do more than any other class to try out my new shiny?
    You dont have to do more than any other class... you have to do the same thing every other class did... the difference is you have to do it now, and they got to do it in the past.

    Remember when clerics had two different sets for healing and dps? Remember when they were merged to one single set? remember when we didn't get a refund for all the plaques etc we spent on that now defunct set of gear? Good times... :P
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

  13. #43
    Plane Walker TekBlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Tank gear for mages will be added in 2.7 is the current plan.

    There are tasks on developers to get this done

    ~Daglar
    No more mage Volan loots pretty please.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

  14. #44
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    You dont have to do more than any other class... you have to do the same thing every other class did... the difference is you have to do it now, and they got to do it in the past.

    Remember when clerics had two different sets for healing and dps? Remember when they were merged to one single set? remember when we didn't get a refund for all the plaques etc we spent on that now defunct set of gear? Good times... :P
    Yes, I have to do it now, when my limited play time is spent healing for my guild since we are raiding. I do not have all the time in the world you know, I work 45+ hours a week and have a 3 year old. I get about 1-2 hours a day to play on a good day. If my guild were also still gearing up, all fine and good. We are past that now though. So I simply do not have the time to do it. I log in after my daughter goes to sleep and raid. If it is not a raid night, if I am lucky I can get my dailies done and maybe run an expert. I have not even been able to squeeze in getting CQ power forever. So now, because they are releasing it at such an odd time, I have to double or triple my play time if I want to try it out? Why do none of the other classes have to do this? Why can they log in, change spec and be something else all the sudden but I can not. I have to wait until enough stuff drops in our raids to get it, if I happen to win it. I won't though, because someone else who is working on a set through other means will get priority(rightly so, they will actually use it whereas I would not be able to). If I were a Warrior/Rogue, I could just heal if I wanted, why can mage not?
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    The plan is that Mage tanking gear will be implemented in parallel with our existing gear tiers and rate of acquisition curves. So if you want to slap Abominus around on day one, save up some stones.

    If you would like to level a new Mage and acquire your gear from scratch after the patch, you will certainly have that option.

    But either way, a few side grades here and there should help with the time-to-acquire aspect of the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There are tasks on developers to get this done

    ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts