Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Some friendly Noob tips from Gz

  1. #31
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    dat welfare cape

  2. #32
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    [Snipped out the image]
    Outstanding.

    Perhaps you could report him for using racial slur words on your guild wall as a thank you.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 03-01-2014 at 10:38 PM.

  3. #33
    Plane Touched Seonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    219

    Default

    better if you just go run and hide.. perhaps try to change your name again and go find a nice guild progressing on some SLE because at least then you'll be pulling your own weight
    Vigil- Seonie

  4. #34
    Plane Touched Official310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    So, you're effectively saying that unless you join a guild and immediately get a raid-spot on your first week you'd leave that guild?

    You'd potentially leave that guild if you were on the subs bench for a single raid / reset?

    You sound like someone who's more interested in the loot you personally get rather than being happy that the overall raidforce gets stronger because loot dropped.

    You sound like the sort of person who that as soon as your current guild has provided you with enough shiny new loot you'll be off to the next guild to do exactly the same, i.e. you're a guild-hopper.

    I hope this post of yours comes back to haunt you on every application to a raid guild you ever make.
    With the logic most guildd have on greybriar that I've seen yes. Most benches can't raid because of their gear. And they can't gear because they can't raid. So logically speaking I would leave unless a guild was interested in helping me progress, as I would help them progress in return.
    TIU gave me a core spot for all raids besides progression, and offered me any warrior loot that dropped. It obviously wasn't about the loot to me. I left because I was ridiculed. Your argument (and logic) are invalid. And wishing anything but the best to anyone won't get you very far in life, Rift or not.
    Last edited by Official310; 03-01-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Ghetto Fabulous

  5. #35
    Plane Touched Official310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seonie View Post
    better if you just go run and hide.. perhaps try to change your name again and go find a nice guild progressing on some SLE because at least then you'll be pulling your own weight
    it's Rift, and you're upset. I don't run and hide. I log off and do college related things that actually matter. I changed my name because Gz@Hailol was taken.
    Last edited by Official310; 03-01-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Ghetto Fabulous

  6. #36
    Plane Touched Seonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    219

    Default

    you didn't go on progression because you couldn't out dps the archon in t2 gear or stay alive on a single fight. you were dead weight. We tried to gear you up and give you a chance but then you bounced after you got what you came for.
    Vigil- Seonie

  7. #37
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Official310 View Post
    TIU was gave me a core spot for all raids besides progression, and offered me any warrior loot that dropped. It obviously wasn't about the loot to me. I left because I was ridiculed. Your argument (and logic) are invalid. And wishing anything but the best to anyone won't get you very far in life, Rift or not.
    you weren't ridiculed. it is not ridicule to say that you could not outdps the archon or hit a few keys necessary to give beastmaster buffs, it's just the fact of what level you were playing on.

    if you find it insulting that people say you don't outdps the archon, then outdps the archon.

    as far as my providing cooldowns that is patently false, I sold you infinity cauldrons below cost
    Last edited by zartosht; 03-01-2014 at 10:48 PM.

  8. #38
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Official310 View Post
    TIU gave me a core spot for all raids besides progression, and offered me any warrior loot that dropped. It obviously wasn't about the loot to me.
    I'd infer from this, and the fact that you've been playing under a month, that you joined the guild in mediocre gear, they ran you through all the Tier 1 content, threw every single piece of plate loot your way, helped you get a relic cape crafted, gave away cooldowns, and so on, and then because you didn't immediately get a spot in their Tier 2 raids you left with all your shiny new loots...

    I think everyone reading this thread can see your attitude to both loot and guild loyalty.

  9. #39
    Telaran Banksyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default



  10. #40

  11. #41
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I'd infer from this, and the fact that you've been playing under a month, that you joined the guild in mediocre gear, they ran you through all the Tier 1 content, threw every single piece of plate loot your way, helped you get a relic cape crafted, gave away cooldowns, and so on, and then because you didn't immediately get a spot in their Tier 2 raids you left with all your shiny new loots...

    I think everyone reading this thread can see your attitude to both loot and guild loyalty.
    we gave him mostly t2 loot. he was only sat from inyrkta and volan and only because he was wiping the raid.

  12. #42
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banksyy View Post

    The reason that the thread has headed this direction is because one of the worst pieces of advice a new player can receive is that guild-hopping your way to loot is a good idea which is essentially what the OP has recommended by suggesting that you should leave a guild that doesn't give you a progression raid spot in your first week of joining and after having lots of loot thrown their way.

  13. #43
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Official310 View Post
    With the logic most guildd have on greybriar that I've seen yes. Most benches can't raid because of their gear. And they can't gear because they can't raid. So logically speaking I would leave unless a guild was interested in helping me progress, as I would help them progress in return.
    I don't know what guilds you are referring to but the bench in Addiction is usually people not pulling their weight with their gear, Trinity "bench" is people that don't need loot from that fight, and other guilds i am sure have their own reasoning. Most of the fights you can go into being geared from t1 raiding and if you aren't at least geared from that, then you shouldn't be in a t2 raiding guild, nobody wants a project that they give all the rot loot to unless that player demonstrates an unusual amount of skill, especially warrior's as broken as they are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Official310 View Post
    TIU gave me a core spot for all raids besides progression, and offered me any warrior loot that dropped. It obviously wasn't about the loot to me. I left because I was ridiculed. Your argument (and logic) are invalid. And wishing anything but the best to anyone won't get you very far in life, Rift or not.
    You probably would have had a spot if you could perform at the level expected of you from the gear you had, if you aren't at that level, why would they bring you in.

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple Kazzkazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The reason that the thread has headed this direction is because one of the worst pieces of advice a new player can receive is that guild-hopping your way to loot is a good idea which is essentially what the OP has recommended by suggesting that you should leave a guild that doesn't give you a progression raid spot in your first week of joining and after having lots of loot thrown their way.
    And maybe because he isn't true to most the points he has stated.

  15. #45
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Official310 View Post
    4.GUILD GUILD GUILD GUILD GUILD

    Home is where the heart is they say. If you're not happy with your guild. LEAVE. One week in a guild you're not happy with is a VERY big deal. Whether it be you're benched, or you simply don't like the people there. It's game, it's supposed to be fun, so find a guild that is progressed, a guild that you can grow from, a guild that suites your personality, and a guild that you're willing to stay with for a while.

    6.5 - RESEARCH.
    As someone who has to pull the trigger on the /guildinvite, I would not recommend anyone to follow this advice. This is a quick way to get yourself put on a blacklist and burn many many bridges. I look at when you look to join a guild, you are not only walking into someone else's home, you are making a commitment to that guild and the players involved. Now given what kind of guild you are looking at, the first thing I would say is to do what your 6.5 point states, RESEARCH. Specifically talking about raiding guilds here, all of them recommend you talk/group with current members to get a feel of how the players are and if the environment suits you. If you join a guild only to leave a week later, then its you who made an ill-advised decision. For me personally, its a quick ticket to get on my ****-list.

    Open communication is a powerful tool when making the next step in joining a guild. Simply tossing out applications to multiple guilds without knowing what you are getting yourself into is the worst possible thing you can do. When these guilds do finally send out that invite, you're not the only one taking a risk, they are taking a risk by investing time and resources with said player, not to mention risking their reputation if the player already has a track record.

    Again, the best approach is to talk around with the players of the guild, ask if you can hop in on their voice comm and see if the players fit your type. If you're looking for a competitive dps slot, ask em if they wanna see a live parse of you (basically if the app is taking the effort to try and sell themselves, you'll almost certainly get an invite). Also if you have problems within the guild, just up and leaving sends the message that you were in it for yourself and not the guild. We all understand that this game is played for fun, but once you involve other players, there are certain protocols you should follow.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts