+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts and Feedback: Carnival of the Ascended

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Okay. Can you extend the event more so we have enough time to grind the currency? Because that's a LOT of currency.
    Or to have enough time to get 3 doubloons.

EDIT: Strike that, we'll be able to get 3.
    Last edited by Nullity; 02-28-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetricks View Post
    This is actually pretty fun event.
    The ring tossing is least favorite, because it seems to take the most time if I want to grind some prize tickets.
    I can do about 150-200 an hour on the ring toss. I think its better then the balloon raid and easier when less people are on.

The secret is to Macro the quest giver and stand in the corner near the tent. then hot key the ring toss to your bar and just spam it in one spot over and over. You actually complete it pretty quickly and don't have to move. One button spam until complete hit macro finish hit macro again accept quest spam One button again.

Macro is simple.

Tar (quest givers name)
    Interact

You can actually use this macro with the balloon quest to not have to click on him.
    Last edited by Beithe; 02-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.

To be honest I'm hesitant to devote any time to this until the end date is clarified. We've gotten 3 separate dates, and 2 of them are too short for me to get anything done.

I believe in the past we were told if there were conflicting dates to follow the one in game, but I don't feel I can fully trust any one area over another.

Soulwalker

Default Where is the Carnival at

Quote Originally Posted by Champion View Post
    I'll need to give it more time before I give proper feedback, but from what I've seen so far I'd give it a thumbs up.

Maybe much of this is recycled from previous years, but as someone who missed the last two (and is weary of generic factional neutrality in RP), I like that the events in Sanctum have distinctly Guardian touches -- the voice acting from the barker that specifically says "Ascended Guardians", the dwarven revelers, the jump pads for the horse racing being Guardian logos.

Speaking of which, are those pads part of one of the dimension kits? If not, are they available elsewhere as dim items? I'd really love to have those.
    Where is the Carnival at?

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaT View Post
    Where is the Carnival at?
    In Sanctum it's in Thontic's Row (the normally-empty district to the southwest of the temple). In Tempest Bay it's by the docks, and in Shimmersand it's in Fortune's Shore.

No idea where it is in Meridian since I don't have any Defiant characters.
    http://www.faeblightunited.com - A Community Site for Roleplayers on the Faeblight Shard

Soulwalker

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Champion View Post
    In Sanctum it's in Thontic's Row (the normally-empty district to the southwest of the temple). In Tempest Bay it's by the docks, and in Shimmersand it's in Fortune's Shore.

No idea where it is in Meridian since I don't have any Defiant characters.

Thank You very much ...

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    To be honest I'm hesitant to devote any time to this until the end date is clarified. We've gotten 3 separate dates, and 2 of them are too short for me to get anything done.

I believe in the past we were told if there were conflicting dates to follow the one in game, but I don't feel I can fully trust any one area over another.
    As of right now, it looks like the 2 week timeframe is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We actually got some volume of complaints that it simply ran to long in previous years. A bit of event fatigue.

We were interested in trying out two weeks and see how people respond. If there is a giant outcry, then maybe we'll run a third week during the month at some point

~Daglar
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreiks View Post
    As of right now, it looks like the 2 week timeframe is accurate.
    Thanks, hadn't seen that post.

I hope they add a 3rd week, at least. Ever since Carnival 2013 my streak of getting every item, achievement, and title from every WE was interrupted. It's become worse every event with RNG boxes, and having to grind to level 10 to exploit my way into getting the items. I can't see myself finishing everything this year in 2 weeks.

Anyway. I'll see I guess. Rather subjective reason for wanting the event extended, but I don't understand why they slice the time in almost half without changing most of the carnival game's ticket outputs. The only change I'm aware of is that Ring Toss went from 2 tickets to 3. I heard that they upped the output of games though, so maybe the next ones to unlock will be better.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 02-28-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This explanation is exactly correct.
    Thanks a lot for clarifying.. I kinda thought so too, but wanted to be sure before spending currency and then getting them thrown into legacy haha
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Jump balloons in a group and every time a group member turns in it counts as one. Don't know if it's a bug or not
    It _is_ a bug, but I am not inclined to fix it, at least not for this year.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It _is_ a bug, but I am not inclined to fix it, at least not for this year.
    I would say, if you do fix it, please reduce the number of carnival games needed for the weeklies.

And actually, having looked at the balance of the games, I wonder if it might not be more interesting/fun if the weekly were a number of tickets won from carnival games, rather than game completions, because then the multi-ticket games would get more love.

... And they are sorta fun.

BTW, someone was saying that the reason a couple of people usually beat many people on the horses is that if people are jumping too fast, the horses get tired. What's happening with the horsies? How do they work?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

BTW, someone was saying that the reason a couple of people usually beat many people on the horses is that if people are jumping too fast, the horses get tired. What's happening with the horsies? How do they work?
    Yes, if the speed boost buff stacks too high, the pony gets burned out for a short bit.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Champion

carnival is fun , world events are fun :P would love to have them instanced for all year round play :P. but during none event times you earn 1/3 the reward u would if it was the actual event for the time of the year. BUT the idea of having it around all year round would be fun thing to keep people occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    You regularly play 14 characters? You cray cray boy, you CRAY CRAY!
    Only 14? I have 2 active accounts.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

To expand on what Tacitus said, and spoil the game, you can target the horses. Target yours, and don't let the speed buff get above 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast