+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Look beyond your biased opinion. What will make this game last longer then 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by entropyboy View Post
    i thought Aion had a lot of potential but the games own staff is what killed that game.
    This is the truest statment I have ever seen. Now if only those ***** at NCSoft would actually admit it. AoC was also destroyed by FUNCOM's own stupidity. WAR suffered a similar fate and we all know that SOE has a fine standing tradition of ruining any MMO it comes into contact with. I sincerely hope, no pray that TRION learns from the mistakes that these other companies have made.
    Intel i5-650 (OCed to 3.61GHz) RAM: 8Gb Kingston VID: Nvidia GTX 460 DDR5 1G x2 (SLI) Win 7-64
    FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE VIGIL. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE.
    HATE LEADS TO THE GUARDIANS...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Coolgy View Post
    If i buy this game, i doubt my subscription will last longer than 3 months. You can only rift for so long before you realize it truely is repetitive.
    That is the point of MMOs is it not?

unless they have plans or shall i say plan to bring expansion fast i cant say it will last more than a year with heavy popularity ofc. getting to half of level cap in 4 days to me was not what i wanted at all. with that said i did enjoy the game quite a bit exp needs toned down hard or level cap needs upped fast i guarantee there will be people at 50 withing 1-2 weeks of launch. while i do see there is already npc's setup for endgame gear with goals that are not easily attained that is a + but honestly imo id rather play a game for 3 months before i hit cap and even then opend into the real game because i feel no mmo should start at half cap just a glimpse of what better things to come why do people have so many complaints u like the game or dont ull buy it or u wont i love the game and while i hope it lasts more than a few months if it doesnt im still going to be playing thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post

I like the game. I'll be buying it and trying it out. I have no idea if i'm going to like it in six months, but who cares? Will some other game grab my attention? Maybe. Will i go back to some game i've played before? Perhaps. Will I even be playing MMO's in another 6 months? Who knows.
    I share this sentiment. I don't understand why people feel compelled to stay and play a game they feel is much more of a chore than a source of enjoyment. So, yeah...I'll be playing and contributing my monthly sub to support the starving devs - if I find myself bored after 6 months then so be it and will move on to the next game but I will make sure that it's the best damn six months I have ever spent.

Seeing how well the beat is so far, it's far far superior to what AoC or WAR where at release. The last couple of expansions of WoW were not extremely challenging, as people max leveled in days. I don't think reaching max level should be that easily reached. Two-three months should be a good time frame to max a character.

But what will make it have a longer shelf life? Variety. Adding content (in 6+ months), reworking crafting so its more challenging/rewarding, keeping warfronts and world PvP going, more dungeons for raiders, player housing, epic quest lines, lore/racial quests.

I do feel sad for you if all you see is the Rifts though. I find that a challenge in the game but not the game itself.
    ziboo
    Hammerfist Clan - Faeblight

"Never argue with stupid, it drags you down to it's level, then beats you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Illomen1 View Post
    While that may be true using the "unbiased" disclaimer will invoke more thought in an individual then the first emotional thought that comes to mind.
    Then weigh your need to make sure people see/read the thread against your need to title a thread in a way that will evoke emotion instead of rational thought, perhaps?

That's called obvious trolling, and it's bad.

Unfortunately, the posts I've seen you make on these boards always fit the same pattern.

Oh yeah, opinions by their very nature ARE biased. Anytime you are asking someone how they PERSONALLY feel, instant bias. No exceptions.
    Last edited by kuronese; 01-29-2011 at 09:14 PM.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Telaran

I am asking a serious question.

What do you think in your honest unbiased opinion will allow this game to retain it's first month subs for a long period of time?
    Destructible player (guild) owned property , attacking an enemy guilds assets is what gvg pvp is all about.

Prophet of Telara FiercelyFuzzy's Avatar

I don't see why it wouldn't last longer then six months. It has solid gameplay, nicely and early PvP (Being able to start WPvP as soon as level 25? Sweet!) and an over-all nice feel. I feel that whatever isn't in the game will be added when time comes, and the way the Developers are working/communicating, I can see it being in the game for a lot longer then any game released in the past 2 years.
    Find your Rift answers to FAQ here.

Keep in mind that this game is still in beta. They want you to reach higher levels faster for testing. They may very well have something planned for leveling post-beta. All it really requires is a minor amount of code rewriting. Even if the experience needed is the same at launch, they can patch it easily enough. WoW has patched experience required a few times.

Rift Disciple

1) It's seems they may over come the first major obstacle's already; server stability and a pretty polished game at launch.

2) End game content at launch. I hate to say it, but many people will rush to end game; that's all there is to it.

3) Making the game too easy for the better players, or making the game too hard for those wanting easy mode. (I'm curious to see Trion's game plan for this ... if they have one)

4) PvE Raids should be more than tank and spank; raiders like challenging obstacle's to over come, not just a slobbering meat shield.

5) A great PvP experience. PvPers have been craving a really good pvp game for several years, but one is lacking. WaR kinda came close, but it still falls short. PvE raiding is a dime a dozen and easier to design so I have more faith Trion can manage that. As much as I'd like to see this category pan out, the reality is it's less likely and the game can survive with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    Keep in mind that this game is still in beta. They want you to reach higher levels faster for testing. They may very well have something planned for leveling post-beta. All it really requires is a minor amount of code rewriting. Even if the experience needed is the same at launch, they can patch it easily enough. WoW has patched experience required a few times.
    Not as easy as you think. If they lower all experience gained, you're going to run out of quests in a zone before reaching the level required for the next zone.
    Last edited by Bluefrog; 01-29-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

i think as long as they continue where theyre going right now Rift will be a long running game...whats gonna make or break it imo is how well the dev's respond to player feedback...which right now they are doing a tremendous job of imo...actually seeing changes from beta to beta and quick fixes will keep everyone happy and playing and i have very high hopes for this game...great job dev team keep up the good work

Soulwalker

I am asking a serious question.

What do you think in your honest unbiased opinion will allow this game to retain it's first month subs for a long period of time?
    Nothing.

Game basics ( questing, UI ) seem too much like WoW ..
    Too many abilities to deal with ( Having a variety of skills is good, but an overwhelming amount is just a pain )
    Class Balance ? Lol, too many classes to balance properly

Plane Walker

Rift's success completely hinges on endgame content. It sounds to be good having 10 expert mode dungeons, 2 raids, and a bunch of expert and raid rift events. But we won't know till we get there for sure.

If there is stuff to keep players playing at endgame when Rift releases .. then this game will be huge.

A smooth launch with little bugs or server stability issues, and regular content updates. this game offers just enough differences from WoW to draw people in, and just enough of the same to make it easy for them to get into the game and enjoy it.
    I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound -- if I can remember any of the damn things.
    - Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast