Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Does anyone know how to get the Planar Squirrel mounts?

Rift Disciple

Something else to keep in mind when searching for the unstable artifacts without vials. Be sure to check an area thoroughly where a lot of artifacts spawn, especially on top of buildings (Dendrome) and rocks as well as underwater (Steppes of Infinity). I can generally find anywhere from 4 to 10 this way during an event. Around onslaught areas seem to be good as well.

Telaran

But ... don't you need something like 23 nuts to obtain a squirrel. Which makes for, say, 46 epic artifacts? Which don't drop but once every 40 hours of farming? (Or perhaps less?) And, that don't seem to be available on the AH, even up in the 1K+ plat range?

Someone please tell me that my numbers are very badly wrong, because otherwise I don't see the mounts as obtainable without spending enormous amounts of plat and waiting day in on the epic artifacts to be placed on the AH.

Thx!

P

Rift Disciple

Unless they plan on changing the drop rate on the purple artifacts your chances of getting a mount will take you massive amount of time and money. All I have been doing for the past two weeks is server hop to as many unstable events as possible. I sell my extra artifacts to buy rex in order to buy the unstable artifact tracking vials. When 2.6 came out i had somewhere around 390k loyalty into the black tier. I am now at 930k into black with very little credits spent other than the rex and vials. I have completed one unstable artifact set. Only 22 more to go!!!! I will complete black tier loyalty before I can get one mount at this rate.
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-25-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorus View Post
    But ... don't you need something like 23 nuts to obtain a squirrel. Which makes for, say, 46 epic artifacts? Which don't drop but once every 40 hours of farming? (Or perhaps less?) And, that don't seem to be available on the AH, even up in the 1K+ plat range?

Someone please tell me that my numbers are very badly wrong, because otherwise I don't see the mounts as obtainable without spending enormous amounts of plat and waiting day in on the epic artifacts to be placed on the AH.

Thx!

P
    Well, I think it's actually 24 nuts, not all the artifacts are epic but like the regular artifacts you need a set to get a nut and they run in the larger range. The artifacts don't drop but are found on the ground during Unstable Events in random zones.

Your other numbers are correct, though. :P
    Last edited by Sibenice; 02-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.

The purple artifacts are the clincher -- I've gotten loads of whites, plenty of green and enough blues to keep going. But after searching since the release of 2.6, picking up about a hundred artifacts I didn't have (and half that in doubles), I have yet to see a purple.

Every unstable set needs 2 or 3 purples to complete, so this is not really encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    The purple artifacts are the clincher -- I've gotten loads of whites, plenty of green and enough blues to keep going. But after searching since the release of 2.6, picking up about a hundred artifacts I didn't have (and half that in doubles), I have yet to see a purple.

Every unstable set needs 2 or 3 purples to complete, so this is not really encouraging.
    Yeah, I've pretty much decided that, at this point, they're not really worth going after as much as I'd like a pretty squirrel. I have better things to do with my time, like spending hours arranging rocks in my dimension so I can build a multi-layered cave system. :P

Rift Disciple

It is 23 nuts per mount. I went back to check my purchase history and I have purchased well over 200 tracking vials and I have one artifact set completed. That one set only needed one purple where as a lot of others take 2-4. I have given up on any thoughts of the mount unless the drop rates change. GL to anyone who attempts this for a mount.

Dear Simon change quality of unstable sets by one tier, greens to white, blues to green and purples to blues, tho i wouldnt mind if some sets have single purple like those mega sets with 20ish artifacts in it.

The effort to reward ratio for the unstables (and the bounty hunting deal) is poorly balanced.

There's a fine line between giving people a challenge and a goal to work towards and just frustrating people to the point that they give up.

Two weeks out and very, very, very few people even have one complete set? Many of us still in the cold after shard hopping for more events and buying TONS of the unstable vials (AH HA - there's the crux of the matter).

If you want to give bored level 60s something to do between raids to keep people in the game and playing and investing (read: buying stuff from the store), then do so in a way that gives a sense of "attainable accomplishment".

I didn't expect to have a planar squirrel mount only two weeks in, but I expected to have a handful of sets complete and see some real progress. Now I'm not sure it's worth the effort. At this rate it'll take a month for each set (and a cost of $40 a week in vials at LEAST). Meh. Not so interested.

The whole bounty thing? Not even going to bother. I've seen people spend hours farming 200-300 of a particular creature type (exp giving, no less) and come up with nothing. That is NOT my idea of fun at all.

Effort to reward ratio.

Clearly people love this idea, but dislike the poor implementation.

The whole focus on "Let's make something cool and give people a cash option to help! The ones who REALLY want it will spend lots of money!" is getting so tired now. The artifact events are few and far between, the amount of unstables that one can realistically hope to find without a vial and all the competition is way too low and the cost of 8-10 vials a day (my average there for awhile) is just too high.

Little more focus on GAMING and FUN, little less focus on "zomg how can we milk this event for more monies!". And before the usual forum flamers yell at me for being cheap, I've dropped $200 in the last two weeks and have a patron sub, so shut it.

Rift Disciple

I was very excited about these new sets coming out. Especially with the amazing dimension items attached to some of them , I sat on the PTS looking at which squirrel mount I wanted first. I did not expect it to be easy but I did not expect it to be impossible either.

In the first two weeks since 2.6 came out I've spent about 230 vials @ 432 credits a piece and doing nothing but events. When I decide I want something I go all out and focus on it. Now as I step back to see what I have accomplished and what is still needed, I am taking the thought of a mount off a table.

Comparing how much time I have already invested in this, and looking at how much more would be needed.... I give up. This experiment has not been a total waste for me. It has pushed my black loyalty up to almost a million now. I am 1/3 into black, this is now my realistic goal.

Funny thing when I got on the PTS I looked at the black tier loyalty, I laughed and said, that's not happening. Now after two weeks I laugh at the squirrel mounts and say that's not happening.

I kinda feel bad tho for those buying artifacts on the AH. Some guy spent 3k on my artifacts on the AH. He then sends me a tell letting me know it was him in hopes that I could hook him up with purples. I can't even hook myself up with purples. He will probably spend massive amounts of money and getting his sets full of whites, greens and blues. Then stuck with all the empty places for the purples. Maybe find one or two once in awhile for 2-5k. I did not have the heart to tell him after he spent all that plat what the current situation of unstable artifacts really are.

I still have some hope in the back of my mind that they will fix this. But I know not to rely on such hope I would only get disappointed in the end.
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-26-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I was very excited about these new sets coming out. Especially with the amazing dimension items attached to some of them , I sat on the PTS looking at which squirrel mount I wanted first. I did not expect it to be easy but I did not expect it to be impossible either.

In the first two weeks since 2.6 came out I've spent about 230 vials @ 432 credits a piece and doing nothing but events. When I decide I want something I go all out and focus on it. Now as I step back to see what I have accomplished and what is still needed, I am taking the thought of a mount off a table.

Comparing how much time I have already invested in this, and looking at how much more would be needed.... I give up. This experiment has not been a total waste for me. It has pushed my black loyalty up to almost a million now. I am 1/3 into black, this is now my realistic goal.

Funny thing when I got on the PTS I looked at the black tier loyalty, I laughed and said, that's not happening. Now after two weeks I laugh at the squirrel mounts and say that's not happening.

I kinda feel bad tho for those buying artifacts on the AH. Some guy spent 3k on my artifacts on the AH. He then sends me a tell letting me know it was him in hopes that I could hook him up with purples. I can't even hook myself up with purples. He will probably spend massive amounts of money and getting his sets full of whites, greens and blues. Then stuck with all the empty places for the purples. Maybe find one or two once in awhile for 2-5k. I did not have the heart to tell him after he spent all that plat what the current situation of unstable artifacts really are.

I still have some hope in the back of my mind that they will fix this. But I know not to rely on such hope I would only get disappointed in the end.
    I found that buying artifacts off the AH is far more effective than buying vials. I collected over 1k unstable artifacts and only 3 were purple.

If you look at the 230 vials you used, that has a plat value of 79k if you buy rex at 1k each. On NA servers at least you could buy 50 unstable purples with that plat.
    Last edited by Accol; 02-26-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I found that buying artifacts off the AH is far more effective than buying vials. I collected over 1k unstable artifacts and only 3 were purple.

If you look at the 230 vials you used, that has a plat value of 79k if you buy rex at 1k each. On NA servers at least you could buy 50 unstable purples with that plat.

Of course there are several ways to go about accomplishing one goal. It really is up to the person. I have never been big on buying things via the AH for my sole source. I enjoy going out and looking for artifacts. If there were not people like me spending massive amount of times gathering them then there isn't going to be a whole lot on the AH to buy from.

It is a matter of what you find enjoyable in the game. I have been completing artifact sets on my own since the game came out. Now with patron tracking vials and unstable vials it is so much easier than it was when the game first came out.

The main issue is, where do you make your money from in game? I would have to put my efforts elsewhere in order to make the money to buy them off the AH. I am making a decent amount of money selling the artifacts to turn around and buy the vials. I like looking for artifacts, so why not obtain money and enjoy myself in the process. Plus this is upping my loyalty, win win for me as I see it.

I could go out and gather materials and craft to make money to buy stuff off the AH. I find that aspect a bit boring. I know some people who enjoy doing that, so I would not put them down for that. I have tried many different money making schemes in the game and what it comes down to is I enjoy looking for artifacts even if others might think its boring.

So please do not fault someone who enjoys looking for artifacts and tell me I need to go about it another way.

At this point I am not losing any money. I am able to maintain my vial purchases through my excess artifacts I sell. I could go to Ardent Domain and fight four people for nodes to turn around to sell materials to buy artifacts. I have done both, but I enjoy buying vials and search for artifacts more. So, I will play the game the way I enjoy to play it. Again, you need our type of players out there to keep the AH stocked and to flood the market to keep the prices lower for you.

I like your idea of only buying the artifacts on AH and encourage those who prefer that option to do so. However, I enjoy my method of using vials, finding artifacts and selling them. Both groups need one another to keep both sides happy.

Something I'm not sure anyone on this thread realized at the time: it's 23 nuts per mount, and 1 nut per completed unstable set. That's 23 completed SETS of unstable artifacts. Per squirrel...

I only want one of these mounts, but I'm never wasting THAT kind of time getting it. Has got to be the most stupidly exorbitant cost (in time vs reward) that I've seen for anything in this game, least of all a vanity item.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

I'ma just roll around on my spacehorse and call it good, I think. Absurd things like this make me go 'lololol, I might've been interested, but this looks like a pretty pencil with a $1,000,000 price tag. lololol, ahahaha, you'd have to be some kind've stupid...' as I ride off into the sunset.

Yeah, I don't care to 'work very hard'. Pretendy-funtime game is not funtime for me if I make work out of it.

I might take interest if reports on drop rates start describing something attainable, but this thread plus what some of my guildies have to say...ahahaha.

Ohohoho.

Yeahno lol yeahright huehuehue.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2