Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chat & Mail Status

Quote Originally Posted by Murkspawn View Post
    Seems to me this happens every night now and Trion just blows it off until the next day then applies a temporary fix which last a few hours and then it's the same old thing over and over and over again... Right now I wish I could get all the money back that I've spent on Rift, delete the game and forget it ever existed.
    at least they are not doing like WoW "we see they problem but here is some extra features to forget about it"

Soulwalker

wish they ACTUALLY did see the problem!!!!

Soulwalker

Default just 2cents worth

You can communicate with other guild members via the message board, just remember to delete the items, and check for the right permissions. There's nothing you can do about the mail - a problem if you're used to dividing stuff among multiple characters for various reasons.
    The reason why this is happening with rift at the moment seems to be this: reducing the number of shards when active membership is increasing was causing too much strain; everyone's FPS was decreasing, graphics wouldn't fully load in the right amount of time; people were being caught in between frames; and several other congestion problems. The low bandwidth accessibility of most users couldn't keep up. In order to keep the graphics level as it was, and increase playability, Trion was forced to make another decision - a drastic server interchange. That's why Trion has kept up with this setup, and not gone back to the previous stable yet degenerating schema. Trion has always compensated players for their distress, it won't stop now. Please don't criticize the compensation until it's there.
    Comparisons to wow are inane; not only does wow simply delete critical opinion threads, they have seriously botched all of their updates, and have no compunctions about shutting their system down at any time, for any reason, with no notification.
    Comparisons to the online version of elder scrolls are laughable until it actually exists, and that game will become a mecca for PvP...tough to decide anything else at this point about the game, other than the fact that it will be playable in a First Person shooter motif.

well, maybe that was 3 cents worth, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Zellina View Post
    wish they ACTUALLY did see the problem!!!!
    They do see the problem but they are trying to figure out "how" to fix it

Soulwalker

well ...yes but lets figure out how we can make people communicate in an mmo is a pretty big issue....

Well yes we all know that which is what started this whole thing if people didn't care about communication do you really think this would be a big issue

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Rift Team

Just a quick status update before I head out for the night:

Fixed and now live:

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    • Group, Raid (including Warfront), and Guild chat do not work.
    • Sending Mail via a mailbox does not work.
    • Conquest chat mixing all three factions.
    • PVP faction specific channels being mixed together.
    • Transferred guilds not able to use guild chat.
    Still todo:
    • Conquest Chat not working.
    • Issues with positional chat (such as says and emotes).
    We'll continue to work on the remaining issues, and hope to have them fixed soon.

Thank you for playing Rift,

Pithos

Just a quick status update before I head out for the night:

Fixed and now live:

Still todo:

We'll continue to work on the remaining issues, and hope to have them fixed soon.

Thank you for playing Rift,

Pithos
    Thanks for your hard work, Pithos.

Thank you for trying hard to correct the bugs. Saying that I wasn't irritated at all by the bugs the past few days would be lying but I do appreciate you guys using the weekend to fix these problems, whether they were successful or not. Thanks.
    Pantz@Hailol
    If you expected the world to be fair with you just because you are fair, you are fooling yourself. That's like expecting a lion not to eat you just because you didn't eat him.
    But that's no reason to stop being nice to others though. Be nice to everyone and hopefully, people will follow you and be nice to others themselves.

Thanks bunches for keeping us up to date, and working round the clock on this. I really do appreciate the hard work.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I'm with Irkiz. The chat issues ARE getting very exasperating; I did a quest in Moonshade Highlands and the chat issue forced me to miss a piece of positional chat-related dialogue; and with me being 1) new to Rift and 2) a storyline fanatic, that really got my goat, forced me to back off from questing for a while. But I know it can't be any more pleasant on your end of the issue, PIthos. Hearing that chat just up and IMMEDIATELY re-broke yet again is undoubtedly just as much the last thing you want or need to hear, as it is for us. I'm sure there's a lot of people here who would take you for a good stiff drink, in thanks for all you're doing.
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Uzie View Post
    Complaining on a rift forum about WoW is like me going to your house while your having pot roast and demanding pizza you pompous ignoramus.
    How about you actually go READ what I quoted to begin with since what I said whas in reply to someone else. Or do you want to sit there and call names like the igiot you really are?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FaheyUSMC View Post
    I'm trying to remember the patch, but it was back with the old forums and unfortunately, unlike the glorious Chribba in EvE Online no one set up a mirror for the official forums for completion's sake. I digress. Anyways, when they rolled out the dungeon finder, there was a problem with the coding that was causing the chat to lag significantly, and we're talking it would be a full minute. Nothing else lagged except that. So while not as bad, per se, as the chats going down, it was till enough that raiding couldn't happen because emotes and the like weren't showing when they should have.

I'm not saying this is acceptable, and in fact it is getting on my nerves. I'm a roleplayer, and I like to play with my friends. However, I'm also not getting bent out of shape over this. While I expect compensation for my money and time--I am a Patron--I am also expecting that they will rectify this issue and many others.
    I remember that patch you are talking about. (don't remember which one) but raids were not half that bad considering most top tier raid guilds use a voice com program like mumble or vent. My guild at the time was still raiding during that patch and most of why we missed the first night was due to addons not being updated that most of our core team needed outside of that we still got things done.

I didn't think you were saying it was acceptable I'm very sure anyone in RIFT or on these forums that is dealing with this does not find it acceptable either. Not bent out of shape but it gets frustrating when there is nothing happening or the problem has been ongoing for a week now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Keelin4554 View Post
    Actually, if you actually read posts through before you post, I said, "It will have it's fair share of bugs" and NOTHING about it having said bugs at launch, nor did I say anything about ESO's launch at all. I meant the game in general over the course of it's lifetime.
    Fair point. I am simply fed up with days on end of this at this point.

Champion

Chat problem have reach EU shards.

Brisesol chat are crash and reboot every minute now.
    Guild: Sang Antique on Brisesol. IG: 3/3, PBB 5/5. BoB 5/8
    French translator of Dimension Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: Ten Train Station are currently open to visit

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast