Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 203
Like Tree197Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Do not let [Dream Orbs] go live next Wednesday.

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Do not let [Dream Orbs] go live next Wednesday.

    Hey guys, I apologize if I've made a bit to many threads recently, however I believe I really need to make people aware of [Dream Orbs] that are set to go live next Wednesday with 2.6. I strongly believe they should be changed or removed from the game.

    I've made a video explaining and demonstrating these in more detail:


    Direct link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOxL...ho8zI7IFmmlX3Q

    Dream Orbs can be applied to 4 different slots which are your head, cape, shoulders and neck.

    Dream orbs are applied in a similar way to runes and grant random stats appropriate to your class. So for example I'm a cleric so when I apply a [Dream Orb] they can either grant:
    • + Wisdom
    • + Wisdom and SP
    • + Wisdom and End
    • + End

    Now the value is completely random within a set range.

    So for example in the video the first one I apply gives:
    • 50 Wisdom and 27 Endurance
    • Second one:62 Wisdom
    • Third one: 65 Wisdom
    • Fourth one: 59 Wisdom
    • Fifth one: 50 Wisdom and 27 Endurance
    • Sixth one: 57 Wisdom and 31 Endurance
    • Seventh one: 55 Wisdom and 22 Spellpower

    So you kind of get the idea that they are basically RNG runes.

    (Bad example)
    Let's say that little Timmy is a DPS cleric, he's got a fairly shoddy Dream Orb enchant at the moment that gives +56 Wisdom, so he saves up loads of plat and can finally afford a relic Dream Orb and then he gets +80 Endurance, a stat that little Timmy does not desire and has wasted all of his money on. Maybe little timmy then decides to spend another few weeks saving for an orb and then finally gets one and bam +75 Endurance, so he's essentially been roundhoused kicked in the face with an iron twice.

    The relic dream orbs will give the best stats of all dream orbs, these will not be cheap to make. You could essentially spend thousands of plat on these orbs and still not come out with the best statistics.

    I'm addressing you directly Trion, if this goes live it will upset a lot of people, as although unlikely you could consume a 1,000 of these orbs and not get the best or desired stats for all four slots. As a loyal RIFT supporter and consumer I can deal with RNG for cosmetic items, but when these items directly affect my characters statistics and performance and I'm forced to 'gamble' with these RNG orbs to get the best stats, then that is raising some serious red flags.

    My suggestion:
    When you craft a dream orb, it gives you the stats right there and then, then you can either sell it on the auction house or dispose of it. That means if you want the best [Dream Orb] stats you can buy them straight away and not spend thousands of plat potentially gambling for the best stats.

    I hope my message got conveyed in the written aspect of this. If you have a counter argument as to why they should remain as they are, I'd really love to hear it. As for the rest of you who agree with me, let's kick up a fuss and get this rubbish changed!
    Last edited by Seatin; 02-07-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

    Founder of www.manoflegends.com - The ultimate education resource for RIFT

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Hey guys, I apologize if I've made a bit to many threads recently, however I believe I really need to make people aware of [Dream Orbs] that are set to go live next Wednesday with 2.6. I strongly believe they should be changed or removed from the game.

    I've made a video explaining and demonstrating these in more detail:


    Direct link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOxL...ho8zI7IFmmlX3Q

    Dream Orbs can be applied to 4 different slots which are your head, cape, shoulders and neck.

    Dream orbs are applied in a similar way to runes and grant random stats appropriate to your class. So for example I'm a cleric so when I apply a [Dream Orb] they can either grant:
    • + Wisdom
    • + Wisdom and SP
    • + Wisdom and End
    • + End

    Now the value is completely random within a set range.

    So for example in the video the first one I apply gives:
    • 50 Wisdom and 27 Endurance
    • Second one:62 Wisdom
    • Third one: 65 Wisdom
    • Fourth one: 59 Wisdom
    • Fifth one: 50 Wisdom and 27 Endurance
    • Sixth one: 57 Wisdom and 31 Endurance
    • Seventh one: 55 Wisdom and 22 Spellpower

    So you kind of get the idea that they are basically RNG runes.

    (Bad example)
    Let's say that little Timmy is a DPS cleric, he's got a fairly shoddy Dream Orb enchant at the moment that gives +56 Wisdom, so he saves up loads of plat and can finally afford a relic Dream Orb and then he gets +80 Endurance, a stat that little Timmy does not desire and has wasted all of his money on. Maybe little timmy then decides to spend another few weeks saving for an orb and then finally gets one and bam +75 Endurance, so he's essentially been roundhoused kicked in the face with an iron twice.

    The relic dream orbs will give the best stats of all dream orbs, these will not be cheap to make. You could essentially spend thousands of plat on these orbs and still not come out with the best statistics.

    I'm addressing you directly Trion, if this goes live, you are bordering extremely thing on the line of pay to win. As a loyal RIFT supporter and consumer I can deal with RNG for cosmetic items, but when these items directly affect my characters statistics and performance and I'm forced to 'gamble' with these RNG orbs to get the best stats, then that is raising some serious red flags.

    My suggestion:
    When you craft a dream orb, it gives you the stats right there and then, then you can either sell it on the auction house or dispose of it. That means if you want the best [Dream Orb] stats you can buy them straight away and not spend thousands of plat potentially gambling for the best stats.

    I hope my message got conveyed in the written aspect of this. If you have a counter argument as to why they should remain as they are, I'd really love to hear it. As for the rest of you who agree with me, let's kick up a fuss and get this rubbish changed!

    So now Pay To Win includes spending in-game currency?

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Trion please ignore this guy
    Last edited by Guardianoftruth; 02-07-2014 at 06:58 AM.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pallydrome View Post
    So now Pay To Win includes spending in-game currency?
    obviously one can buy REX and convert to plat via the market, if enormous amounts of plat are needed to gamble for BiS dream orb stats then yeah, that would go towards pay to win

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    Summary "It's too random and expensive! I can't afford them and I don't like randomness!"


    A crafting profession with an endless demand for its material... this is EXACTLY what rift needs.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Trion I WILL put my money where my mouth is. I am a patron on 4 accounts as I am sure you know. I have dropped well over 2k on this game in 6 months between Rex, gifts, etc. I'll never spend another dime if this goes live in this state. Would be the nail in the coffin so to speak for me.
    Last edited by Abracadavre; 02-07-2014 at 07:06 AM.

  7. #7
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    As we already debated in General on Zaviel i don't agree at all

    Dream Weaving can be learned by anyone and anyone can run around zones collecting artifacts and craft Dream Orbs themselves, currently on PTS each epic 'bundle' is 192x Dream Ribbons and 1x Coruscating Ethereal Shard, which is 1500 Empyreal Slayers Marks.

    Now that's a lot of artifacts to break down, even if you're lucky and get a lot of blues and relics but it's still doable, you just need time and if not a Patron a bit more time without an artifact tracking vial.

    So in essence, unlike some other games where crafting something can totally fail and you lose everything, you will craft a batch of Dream Orbs, will all of them be what you want for each 'slot' ?

    Not unless you have extremely awesome RNG, but that's why you can trade/swap/sell the ones you don't need.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Whayyel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    207

    Default

    It would be nice if the orbs at least looked at your gear's highest "core" stat, and gave the RNG based on that.

    Tank items always have higher endu than str/dex/wis, so the orb would "see" that and give an endu-based enchant. For the cleric example, pure endu, or endu/wis.

    Non-tank items always have highest main-stat value than off-stat or endu, again in the cleric example that would lead to pure wis or wis/sp.

    I am with Seatin on this tbh, gambling your time and/or money in games shouldn't be encouraged, it's leads to frustration, outrage, and bad reputation when things go sour, imo. It's alright in small doses - things that can be easily re-done -, or for "unimportant" things like cosmetic mounts or pets or whatever (as you don't need them one little bit in order to progress your character/game).
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are calling this a feature from here on out. We can fix it, but we decided not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Vladd's standard disclaimer:
    aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made, or in some cases unmade

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Kartia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    254

    Default

    What if they add an item like rune unsocketing apparatus or similar, so if iam not satisfied with rng I can re-apply my previous stats? I would go mad if for example I need AP, but I got END instead.
    Kartia, rogue

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    So wait.... you are complaining because Trion are putting into the game a means where people can actually tailor their stats and gain some individuality?

    I love the idea of these being random and of the varying bonus stat values available. It gives people a craft skill which they are going to be able to consistently make money and everyone has the option of learning dreamweaving rather than buying the orbs.

    Right know the thing i would say to the dev responsible for this is that he shouldnt change a thing and should never ever reveal the stat ranges that are available from the orbs.

    There really are not enough min-maxers in the game to change such a good idea for the sake of.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple the unknonw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Suggestion: When you apply the orb it gives a pop-up saying what stats it will give and gives you the option of not applying it and losing that orb or applying it.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the unknonw View Post
    Suggestion: When you apply the orb it gives a pop-up saying what stats it will give and gives you the option of not applying it and losing that orb or applying it.

    So you could AH/Trade it. I like this. You could sell the sub top tier orbs to those that dont have the plat/rex to invest in them.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    People simply use the term Pay 2 Win a little too stupidly.


    Crafted BiS cape:
    US$->Rex->Plat->Mats->Tip->Cape Made

    BiS Greater:
    US$->Rex/Plat-> Buy charred.


    So using those P2W concept then Volan and Abom and the entire game is based on P2W.
    Volan Loot
    US Dollar -> Rex -> Plats -> PDKP (or Full clear guild carry) -> Pay for Loot.


    What's the conclusion? If you want to QQ about P2W in Rift then... you might as well quit Rift now, since any and every aspects of Rift can be easily twisted into P2W.
    Everything can be twisted into P2W if theres Rex.
    Or you would like Trion to remove Rex? Trust me that will just be even bigger of a QQ/CrapStorm in itself.

    So OP dont let the door hit you on your way out.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 02-07-2014 at 07:17 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the unknonw View Post
    Suggestion: When you apply the orb it gives a pop-up saying what stats it will give and gives you the option of not applying it and losing that orb or applying it.
    That's terrible.

    you're just going to sell ****ty orbs to people then. The randomness is great and the fact anyone can learn this and be completely self sufficient with the orbs if they put a little effort in too.. also great.

    it's only lazy / broke people who have a problem with this profession and I can't sympathize with their situations

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    So wait.... you are complaining because Trion are putting into the game a means where people can actually tailor their stats and gain some individuality?

    I love the idea of these being random and of the varying bonus stat values available. It gives people a craft skill which they are going to be able to consistently make money and everyone has the option of learning dreamweaving rather than buying the orbs.
    You've never had runecrafting, applied different runes, or one of the legendary cape recipes I take it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts