Closed Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonus
  • 2 Post By Tacitus
  • 2 Post By Tacitus
  • 4 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Air Saga Event?

Default Air Saga Event?

So, this air saga event has confused me a little. Is this the same world event we did before SL went live? It does it just have a few events from that and new content after the 5 man instant dungeon?

The World Event during Storm Legion launch was called Tempest Rising. This is different.

The first few quests in the Air Saga World Event are re-packaged Iron Pine Peak and Tempest Rising quests, but the rest are new and progresses the story further. The Zone Events are all new and Fire-based "based on the Bloodfire Army" and the Bloodfire Stronghold is also a new concept.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    The World Event during Storm Legion launch was called Tempest Rising. This is different.

The first few quests in the Air Saga World Event are re-packaged Iron Pine Peak and Tempest Rising quests, but the rest are new and progresses the story further. The Zone Events are all new and Fire-based "based on the Bloodfire Army" and the Bloodfire Stronghold is also a new concept.
    To clarify, the first of the saga (lvl 32) is taking the "forge a weapon" storyline from the old iron pine quests, but the actual content is 100% new there.

The second arc is the the old lvl 50 Chasing Chekaroth and Tempest Rising quest lines, with many tweaks (I am pretty happy with the final touches I just did the to the Revenge of Yor encounter today).

And then yes, the third arc on is new.

This is not a normal world event. There is no event currency, and it isn't a proper "world event" in most senses except that the world event UI is the best IN-GAME method we have of letting the entire player-base know about the new stuff. So we are briefly popping up the world event UI to announce the arrival of each new phase of content.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Thanks for the confirm Tacitus!

Does the second arc (Chekaroth) come out with Phase 1 of the world event, or Phase 2? I'm assuming it comes out with Phase 1 alongside the Rites arc given the tracker description.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Does the second arc (Chekaroth) come out with Phase 1 of the world event, or Phase 2? I'm assuming it comes out with Phase 1 alongside the Rites arc given the tracker description.
    Yes, Arcs 1 (lvl 32), 2 (lvl 50), and 3 (lvl 60) are all released on day one of 2.6.

*edit* to add - Arc 4 and other related content of the story after Arc 3 will be released later in the patch cycle.

Arc 1 tells the story of forging a weapon of the Icewatch. Arc 2 of chasing Chekaroth and the escape of Crucia. Arc 3 is the story of events that lead up to the level 60 chronicle "A Hero Rises".
    Last edited by Tacitus; 02-06-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yes, Arcs 1 (lvl 32), 2 (lvl 50), and 3 (lvl 60) are all released on day one of 2.6.
    OMG! Isn't it like early morning in USA? Why are you still awake?
    Pantz@Hailol
    If you expected the world to be fair with you just because you are fair, you are fooling yourself. That's like expecting a lion not to eat you just because you didn't eat him.
    But that's no reason to stop being nice to others though. Be nice to everyone and hopefully, people will follow you and be nice to others themselves.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    OMG! Isn't it like early morning in USA? Why are you still awake?
    About 2am here. :P

Was fixing bugs and just redistributed the old Tempest Rising world event quest rewards onto the Air Saga quests as I had previously promised (Storm Legion costume armor, Storm Griffon companion pet, and lvl 50 blue ring). In addition the planar air-themed weapons Mr York had already added to the end of each story arc.

But yeah, time to go catch 4-5 hours of sleep...
    Rift Team Designer

About 2am here. :P

Was fixing bugs and just redistributed the old Tempest Rising world event quest rewards onto the Air Saga quests as I had previously promised (Storm Legion costume armor, Storm Griffon companion pet, and lvl 50 blue ring). In addition the planar air-themed weapons Mr York had already added to the end of each story arc.

But yeah, time to go catch 4-5 hours of sleep...
    Thanks for your hard work! I'll buy a few stuff from the Rift Store for that!
    Last edited by irkiz; 02-06-2014 at 02:05 AM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    If you expected the world to be fair with you just because you are fair, you are fooling yourself. That's like expecting a lion not to eat you just because you didn't eat him.
    But that's no reason to stop being nice to others though. Be nice to everyone and hopefully, people will follow you and be nice to others themselves.

" In addition the planar air-themed weapons Mr York had already added to the end of each story arc" - I am so pleased that there will be new rewards since many of us already have the costume, pet etc from when SL launched.

Thank you

*edit* to add - Arc 4 and other related content of the story after Arc 3 will be released later in the patch cycle.

Arc 1 tells the story of forging a weapon of the Icewatch. Arc 2 of chasing Chekaroth and the escape of Crucia. Arc 3 is the story of events that lead up to the level 60 chronicle "A Hero Rises".
    Thank you for confirming Tacitus! <3 This helps me immensely with the guide I've been writing (it's loooonnnnggg). Gives me better sorting/naming for each section of the Air Saga and a better grasp of what quests appear in the first phase .

I have to quickly ask, as a fan of running IPP (its my favourite zone), can we get the "of the Icewatch" title from just act 1, or 2, or do we need to do all 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I have to quickly ask, as a fan of running IPP (its my favourite zone), can we get the "of the Icewatch" title from just act 1, or 2, or do we need to do all 3?
    There's 5 Air Saga quest achievements on the PTS.

The first one for completing the quest "Welcome to the Fight" rewards the Title: "of the Icewatch".

Given the names of the other quest achievements and the quest you need to do to complete them - it's highly possible that Arc 1 gives the "of the Icewatch" title.

i.e.
    • Second Achievement is called "Chasing Chekaroth" which is Act 2.
    • Third Achievement is called "Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb" which is about "A Hero Rises" chronicle so is likely Act 3.
    • Fourth one is Act 4. I've completed this achieve on PTS so it's confirmed.
    • Last one is Act 5. Again, completed; confirmed.

Ascendant

Are we going to be re-doing these , and then moving forward?

If re-doing them, we are having to Mentor down?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    we are having to Mentor down?
    I ran part one of the Saha on my Guardian and a Defiant alt on PTS at level 60 and was able to do all the "low level" quests without issues.

Got as far as having to kill last boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen part, a bit too difficult to solo any boss in there even for the normal version

The Zone Events are all new and Fire-based "based on the Bloodfire Army" and the Bloodfire Stronghold is also a new concept.
    I think there's also a new zone event related to the nightmares, but I was too unlucky and I never got to test it.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Closed Thread