+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Budgie Week Guide

Default Budgie Week Guide

Hey guys, thought I'd put a fairly swift end to all these budgie week questions by making a fairly quick and straightforward guide, I've done a video guide which covers it all in a lot more detail and some quick written pointers for those of you that don't like watching videos!

Link to guide on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiacw...ature=youtu.be

Quick pointers:
    • 3 Daily quests - Each awards 10x[Bird Seed] (Soulbound)
    • Event lasts for 6-7 days, this means a maximum of either 180 or 210x [Bird Seed]
    • 2 Budgie mounts available, one from lock boxes and one from 850x [Bird Seed]
    • You won't be guarenteed to get a Budgie Amount without spending credits
    • First day you do all three of the Budgie races you get a free [Limited Edition: Budgie Trove] which for the 5-10 minutes it takes you is well worth it
    • Unless you want to spend credits/IRL money, there is no point doing the dailys more than once

Where are the dailys located?
    • Cape Jule daily is located just outside Tulan
    • Kingdom of Pelladane daily is located just outside Tuldio Retreat
    • Sanctum daily (Guardians only) is located just outside Sanctum
    • Meridian daily (Defiant only) is located just outside Meridian

With patron discount the troves cost 630 credits

Without patron discount the troves cost 700 credits

Each trove drops 5-10 seeds, so let's average that out at a generous 8.

Let's say you do all the dailys all week long so you have 210 credits.

850- 210 = 640

640 / 8 = 80

So in theory you'd need at least 80 troves.

630 x 80 = 50,400 credits. Which is roughly 200 or $300 to get the mount from seeds at this point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------

Update from Daglar from Reddit:

As this is a Promo event - we'll be running it again in the future.

I'd suggest holding onto your bird seed.

We also specifically called it a promo event based on player feedback from mech week - and we'll be converting mech week over to use this new UI / branding in the future as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I'd expect we'll run this enough times in a year to get one for free if you participate in all of them.

~Daglar
    Last edited by Seatin; 02-06-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Telaran

I haz a Question Seatin! What's the EXP reward for the quest!?!?!?!?

Hmmmm if you can't get the seed in a week seems like something they overlooked. Perhaps we could get a dev to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    • Unless you want to spend credits/IRL money, there is no point doing the dailys more than once
    To summarize =/

Hilarious Seatin!

Thanx for the guide!

T

Is Bird Seed Soulbound? Or Bound to Account? If B2A, then you can do the dailies on alts to get enough Bird Seed to purchse the mount. However, Trion seems to be doing away with that loophole for most Seasonal Events.

Will Bird Seed drop from anything else, like Rifts? Or some minigames?
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

"Divorce Your Wife" Sell Your Kids". /nods Challenge Accepted. I gotta watch your videos more often. Thanks for the wonderful video. Oh and P.S. I love your accent xD
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Sataanic View Post
    I haz a Question Seatin! What's the EXP reward for the quest!?!?!?!?
    Unfortunately it's some measly amount like 5,000 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Is Bird Seed Soulbound? Or Bound to Account? If B2A, then you can do the dailies on alts to get enough Bird Seed to purchse the mount. However, Trion seems to be doing away with that loophole for most Seasonal Events.

Will Bird Seed drop from anything else, like Rifts? Or some minigames?
    Unfortunately they are soulbound and as far as I am aware the dailies and lockboxes are the only way to obtain them at this current point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    "Divorce Your Wife" Sell Your Kids". /nods Challenge Accepted. I gotta watch your videos more often. Thanks for the wonderful video. Oh and P.S. I love your accent xD
    Glad you enjoyed it! I look forward to having you as a more frequent viewer
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Basically these quests are for those who are willing to waste $300 in the hopes of obtaining enough birdseed or the actual mount from lock-boxes.

Really, though, I thank you to those who are willing to spend that much on a vanity item. You are paying for me to play Rift for free (well technically I did subscribe for like 6-8 months and plan on subscribing again eventually).

Honestly though, I think Trion would make a lot more money if they just released these mounts as limited time mounts and sold them for credits instead of the Asian cash-grab lock-box thing they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Unfortunately it's some measly amount like 5,000 experience.

Unfortunately they are soulbound and as far as I am aware the dailies and lockboxes are the only way to obtain them at this current point in time.

Glad you enjoyed it! I look forward to having you as a more frequent viewer
    Just subscribed. Looking forward to what amazing vidoes come next. I found the Binding of the dragons video you did quite interesting. I really wanna try it lol but im not even Tier 2 ready
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

I was really excited about this - i have 6 budgies irl - but...it's another mech week?
    /:
    And I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam! 'Cause I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news everyday I am. I don't know, it's just the way I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Just subscribed. Looking forward to what amazing vidoes come next. I found the Binding of the dragons video you did quite interesting. I really wanna try it lol but im not even Tier 2 ready
    Don't feel bad... I'm not even T1 ready. I just hit lvl 60 though so I just gotta get the mats for guildies to craft me the gear I need to start out

Quote Originally Posted by Beligerent View Post
    Don't feel bad... I'm not even T1 ready. I just hit lvl 60 though so I just gotta get the mats for guildies to craft me the gear I need to start out
    You can get some gear from the AH but its super expensive. Guilmates would probably be best and of course cheaper. I have 484 hit and 425 toughness but I dont play the toon anymore. Been about 2 months since I played on her. I would probably be tier 2 ready by now lol

Soulwalker

Saw it on reddit already - forgot to say thanks. The only real take-away for me was the 1 daily for the box - but the video was great too. Also saw your Warden guide and as I am learning that now, found it to be very helpful. I've been doing so many things wrong following Ahov's guide (incorrectly - not because of the guide, just that it's harder to get it without a vid).

Complain all you want, but at least they aren't gating the actual game.

Imagine if, in order to raid, you'd need to buy a weekly pass or something. How stupid would that be!? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast