Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Budgie / Chicken run week!

Telaran

Default Budgie / Chicken run week!

My credit card is packed and ready to spend!

just sayin.

dissapointed the way u can get both budgie mounts.
    Hopefully the ashen budgie that needs seeds can be acquired without spending tons of credits

Plane Walker

A new Frosty Budgie mount can be acquired from Limited Edition: Budgie Troves, available on the Rift Store and by completing the new achievement Chicken Run!

A new Ashen Budgie mount can also be purchased with Bird Seed, which is obtained from the Limited Edition: Budgie Trove and by completing new daily quests in Silverwood (Guardian Only), Freemarch (Defiant Only), Pelladane, and Cape Jule.
    That says you can get both without spending any cash

Telaran

Hard to know from such little info from the pts updates but one would think that bird seed would be a new currency for this week in the quests to get the ashen budgie mount. there's 3 budgie mounts so far. 2 are known how to get the 3rd no info yet but one assumes its obtained by rift store for 3000 credits (patrons) a times 1 hour or 4 hour sale most likely.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    That says you can get both without spending any cash
    The patch notes aren't detailed enough to truly know that.

The 'Chicken Run' achievement states as follows:

"Complete all of the Budgie races for the Planar Research Institute in Silverwood, Pelladane, and Cape Jule".
    It's also under Promotions with no Achieve points. The whole "Budgie races" thing could very well mean that you'll need a Budgie mount in order to participate.

This isn't unprecedented - they've done similar during Summerfest with the Pony and Dog Show quests that reward extra Summerfest Friendship Bracelets (the limited currency). You need the Swift Ember Steed mount and Courage companion pet to even receive a quest from the NPC - and these are Ascend-a-Friend-only reward items.

Of course we could just end up being able to temporarily ride a Budgie mount and everyone can participate.
    Even then though, you only get rewarded with one Budgie Trove (Red). So it's still rare chance rng to obtain the Frosty Budgie Mount from that one Budgie Trove (Red). Want more chances? Buy more Budgie Troves.

-----

The Tropical Budgie Trove is gained from the normal Budgie Supply Crates (Blue, Purple, Orange)

-----

The Ashen Budgie Mount is gained from Bird Seed. Sounds like they've adopted the 'Lockbox Tokens' concept that some forumers have been suggesting. So each Budgie Supply Crate/Trove probably also drops a Bird Seed (or a chance to drop it).

How many Bird Seeds do you need?

Here's the biggest question: why put Bird Seeds in the Lockboxes if the daily quests during this promotion week gives you enough Bird Seeds to buy the Ashen Budgie Mount in the first place?

See where this is headed? The Daily Quests will probably give some Bird Seeds. But not enough to get an Ashen Budgie Mount. You'll still need to buy Budgie Supply Crates/Troves in order to get enough Bird Seeds to buy an Ashen Budgie Mount.

Otherwise; again - why put the Bird Seeds in the Supply Crates/Troves if the Daily Quests are enough?

Plane Touched

Can the (black headed) budgie be gotten through the dailies and without credits spend? Or is the only chance the (one time only) supply crate chance you get for the deed in the mail.

If you don't wish to spend credits and it's 7 days, that's 3 (races daily) x 10 (seeds) x 7 (days) = 210 seeds. The mount costs 850. So you are way way short.

So basically does that mean if you don't want to spend credits on the mount/don't want to gamble on it, the seeds become pointless as well as the dailies as you will never gain enough to buy the mount anyway? As the dailies are more like a discount on credit bought stuff really. As there is nothing else to do with the seeds anyway? So they just take up a bag slot, pointless till you have 850?

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    http://i62.tinypic.com/24lpnjl.jpg
    Where did you get this? I'm guessing EU got the promo before NA or something?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

On 'Live' in Europe, the Ashen Budgie costs 850 x Bird Seed

Each of the races will reward 10 Bird Seed each, so that's 30 daily ( i didn't check Freemarch yet so can't say if Guardians can do the Defiant one and vice versa)

Plane Touched

You can't do the freemarch one as a guardian and visa versa.

Plane Touched

So it seems my calculation was right and you will have to spend credits on boxes to be able to get a budgie mount, unless you are extremely lucky with the one free box for each character (level 50+ as to you need to be able to survive getting to the 2 SL races). And the black headed 850 seeds one is one what is a guaranteed to get IF you spend enough credits on troves to get the seeds the dailies supplement, and have a small chance on the other (RNG) budgies with each box.

I didn't get a budgie in my box, but I got a nice belt upgrade. So it was a nice gift for free (well 3 quick races). So i guess I have no right to complain, and my posts are in now way ment as complaining. I will have to accept no budgie for me... as I chose not to spend credits (and you might end up having to spend quite a few) on a mount(chance). My credits pretty much all go towards dimensioneering. Guess I will toss the seeds (eventually) as they do me no good.

So for me... it's mech week all over (no mount but a nice free gift with the free box). But only for just one character (my alts can't get to SL by a longshot yet)
    Last edited by Serathe; 02-05-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Sword of Telara

So let me get this straight. The only thing you can buy with birdseed is the budgies, right? The max birdseed you can earn in game through gameplays is a small fraciton of the cost of a budgie. The only other way you can earn seeds is buying lockboxes and hoping for good RNG. Also the quest NPCs can be grief-killed. Oh I forgot, there's a 0.000000001% chance of a different budgie from a box you get for completing the achivement - see grief-killing NPCs comment.

And I thought Mech Week with time-limited boxes and bought openers was shameless. I actually laughed out loud when I realised this one was even more insulting. If I didn't still have some 4 months of patron time left from back when the game was worth paying for, I'd have uninstalled by now. That is all.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    On 'Live' in Europe, the Ashen Budgie costs 850 x Bird Seed

Each of the races will reward 10 Bird Seed each, so that's 30 daily ( i didn't check Freemarch yet so can't say if Guardians can do the Defiant one and vice versa)

SO the fact that you can't trade the bird seed with alts so you can't move it around.

Also you can't actually get the bird seed within a week without boxes so it's a bit of a fail.

MAKE THE BIRD SEED BOA
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Plane Touched

I agree with pretty much all that, save the more insulting part. I think it's more of the same with a few minor changes.
    Both have daily quests pointless unless you spend credits as well. Both give a free box with free goodies for the first day of easy fast dailies, so everyone (SL ready) gets atleast something out of it for minimum effort.

The difference to get a mount with the mech week seems to be that:

- If you spend enough credits (mileage may vary and it could become quite a lot) you get a guaranteed black headed budgie due to slowly collecting bird seeds.
    - If you don't spend credits you have a pointless bag space taking currency (seeds) if you do the dailies and not spend credits.
    - Unless you do the math at first glance it seems like dailies might get you a budgie when you put in the effort. So that will get people disappointed finding out it is not so. Maybe having the quest tell you that up front would be more honest instead of having people having to figure that out themselves and seeking if they might have missed something.
    - It's honestly called promo-event, which I think is way fairer then calling it world-event and should give a clear clue to the point I mentioned before this one.

But yes for me this is clearly another gamble box store promotion and the name promo-event agrees with that. For me that makes it easier to swallow, not harder. So I actually find it less insulting... actually not insulting at all, just slightly annoying. But the free box was enough for me to cancel that out. And as far as I care, they can do this more often if they keep giving me a free box ;)
    Last edited by Serathe; 02-05-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Rift Chaser

I am really disappointed right now. I thought there would be a way to obtain a budgie mount without having to use the cashshop. Come on Trion just put the ashen budgie on the store for credits. I know plenty of people including most likely myself who would willing spend money if they did not have to play the lockbox gamble game.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast