+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bounty Hunting, 2.6

Default Bounty Hunting, 2.6

So, I saw the announcement on Facebook on bounty hunting and I'm wondering if there is anymore news about this feature or what's going on with it? I've seen zero info on the forums, site, or any Rift related site.

All I can find:

http://riftgrate.com/2013/12/17/pts-...fession-is-in/

hopefully it's more then just kill 10 pigs today, but rather an actual Zone boss, or even cooler just an actual tough rare planar running around that needs to be zerged.

An actual pvp bounty system would be neater :P and twisted artifacts that drop on death to go with it.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-22-2014 at 10:41 AM.

I'd love to see it implemented with bounties for unique rifts, weekday/weekend special events and bosses, daily 5 man bounties, weekly chronicle bounties, I have no idea why but this is actually really exciting for me haha.
    Last edited by Necalli; 01-22-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    hopefully it's more then just kill 10 pigs today, but rather an actual Zone boss, or even cooler just an actual tough rare planar running around that needs to be zerged.
    Quests that have us kill x mobs, we have an over-abundance of. Anything that gets players together in the open world is alright by me.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

There's really not that much info about it.
    • There's a Bounty NPC in Tempest Bay next to the Artifact Vendor and World Event Vendor called XJ12 Infiltrator. Been there since December update.
    • There's a new achievement sub-category "Bounties" under Character worth 130 achievement points, but with only an initial "Start Small, Aim Big" achievement for collecting your first bounty with rewards Title: "Initiate Bounty Hunter".

Here's what Dev Kerilar posted on his twitter account. Both the Cape you see in the Facebook post as well as Wall Mounts:

Attachment 16676

Attachment 16677

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Hello all,

I figured I'd take this opportunity to explain Bounty Hunting real fast.

Whenever you kill an NPC that gives you experience (barring critters since you never do) they will have a chance to drop a special artifact pertaining to that creature type. These artifacts go in new collections called out with a specific naming convention. For example: "Bounty: Air Elemental".

Handing in a complete set to a Bounty Hunter NPC will further your Achievements for Bounty Hunting. Each Achievement rank grants you a Title, some unique items (including Animal Calls, Mounted Trophies for your Dimensions, and a unique cloak), and access to a special vendor who will sell some interesting potions.

Pretty simple and straight forward! I have some further ideas for later so you may be seeing more Bounty content at a later date, but for now, there you have it!

Feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer them as I can.
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Yeah, why did you say that raptors are to be killed on sight?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Are the artifacts:
    1. Tradeable.
    2. Salvageable for dreamweaving.
    3. Restricted from dropping once you already have them.

?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Are the artifacts:
    1. Tradeable.
    2. Salvageable for dreamweaving.
    3. Restricted from dropping once you already have them.

?
    1.) Yes
    2.) Yes
    3.) No
    Michael Hansen

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

So, you don't actually have to kill things to get these sets, but you can kill them and in principle farm salvageable artifacts. Although I suspect it will never be as excessive as the drop rate Abyssal Ritual Jars used to have.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Man if anyone was on the PTS listening to what we thought it was in 60 chat - you would've laughed right Marko & Slip?

Too funny.
    This is a lot more simpler than what we all wondered lol

#kerilartwitterteasetoostronk
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Haha yeah. I had some more grandiose ideas, but reality punched me in the face. Thatís not to say it wonít grow from here!
    Michael Hansen

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Thanks for the post Kerilar!

Just a few questions:
    1. How many different mobs are we talking about here? Does it cover all? Will it eventually cover all?
    2. Does this include unique mobs like bosses with unique art assets? Senbora the Devourer/etc?
    3. Do any of the wall mounts include humans? (i.e. Wall mount of a Storm Legion Inquisitor's severed head/etc)
    4. Are the potions disguise potions? And are they bought with in-game currency, or Credits-only? Or perhaps restrictive currency like Lucky Coins.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-22-2014 at 06:57 PM.

How does this compare to how EQ2 did this?
    EDIT: If you don't know go ask Mr. Hartsman =^.^=
    Last edited by TehFrank; 01-22-2014 at 07:11 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

1. Almost every mob species in the game.
    2. It doesn't matter which renderable, only the race. So if you kill a dragon, it can drop dragon pieces.
    3. Not at this time, but there are some humanoids, as you can see in the concept art.
    4. No, they are not disguise potions, and no they wonít be credits only.

As for how it is compared to EQ2 - Similar but with some differences. For one we won't be tracking how many you've killed. Adding that now would be seen as pretty detrimental since Player X has killed 14 million skeletons since launch and when this feature hit he'd get credit starting then. Also there will not be a separate board to go check your progress in town, but you can see your progress in the Achievement window.
    Michael Hansen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast