Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Endgame fail ? devs fail ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You can tank experts with 36k hp, I'm pretty sure we did that the first week of SL.
    The healer in question probably wasn't able to keep up with it.

I believe I was at 34k when we were doing Empyrean Core for the first time. Those trash mobs in the beginning used to be so brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The healer in question probably wasn't able to keep up with it.

I believe I was at 34k when we were doing Empyrean Core for the first time. Those trash mobs in the beginning used to be so brutal.
    I miss Bleeds.

And Grapplebot.

Rift Chaser

If you're a new level 60 tank, don't forget to tell your group at the start of the dungeon and the healer may ask the support person to actually play support (they usually just dps).

Also don't be afraid to say if you're not familiar with any of the boss strats. You may find the odd group that will be jerks and kick you, but most people will try to help if you let them know you are new.

Also consider running the experts in dps role first so that you can learn the strats and take the tank drops (if the tank running with you says they don't need them).
    Last edited by Lightwell; 01-21-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Definitely ask for support if you have under 40k HP. The healer should be on top of it if s/he checks your HP, but you should ask for it just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Trying to give advice on the internet doesn't work.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Spending is absolutely not required to get ready for experts - or even raids. You can go out and earn all of that stuff by playing, just like people have since the launch of RIFT / launch of Storm Legion.

I highly suggest checking out the AH for some of the crafted gear that people create as well - a lot of that will actually get you closer to being raid ready, as opposed to just expert ready.

As others have stated, it really is a good idea to mention that you are new to tanking experts as well - you won't know all the fine details of some of the encounters or pulls, and the healer is more than likely used to running around with an over geared tank that is ready to steam roll the old experts

~Daglar

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melvinoo View Post
    Yes i have rogueraptorsd specks thanks.
    Ow my name.

But yeah as others said, get runes, get better essences (torvan/lycini preferably), get crafted rings...etc

Rift Disciple

"I struggle playing my class, therefore Trion fails."

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Ow my name.

But yeah as others said, get runes, get better essences (torvan/lycini preferably), get crafted rings...etc
    LOL! If you have a rogue alt and he's not named rogueraptors, it's a fail.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Damn finding ppl on my server will be a challange!
    Chronicles are 2-player, you only need one other person.

Have you got decent runes (figure auroral at least) on all your gear?

I've got a rogue who made 60 recently, and I've been getting crafted gear, running chronicles, and doing whatever else showed up. At last check, I'm at 43k health in my tank spec and tank gear, and I don't even have enough toughness for experts yet. (Note that for rogues, there's no usable +toughness gear from crafters; I think this is an oversight on the part of the devs. However, there's still infinity stone and ESM gear, plus drops from chronicles and non-expert randoms.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

they give good gear and what lvl are they ?
    Level 60. Find a friend and run them. Gives you gear and also currency.
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

thanks...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    I miss Bleeds.

And Grapplebot.

Grapplebot - the cause Manslaughter was called Manslaughter

The Gleaming runes are fairly cheap and make enough of a difference to be worth the investment for experts. People doing randoms have been spoiled by overgeared players running randoms for a very long time. 36k can swing SL experts with support heals, as others have mentioned. You'll catch a bit of lip from some players but most of the time people will be helpful.

I suggest grinding out the Torvan/Lycini rep, they're huge for your lesser upgrades, and farm infinity stones like everyone has done before you, its not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

So i just hit 60 yesterday and im a tank.

I decided to gear up with full slayers fortified armor.

I was able to queue for legion expert instance and what do i get ? With max tank geat and 36k hp Void knight getting 3-4 hitted by mobs (all def cds included)....

What do i have to do to be able to tank properly spend 300euros to buy gear ?
    I dont think so.
    My only advice is: go for world gears, it might takes time to fully upgrade them but that's only way I found for easy gearing without getting frustrated.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast