Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Gamer Girl

Champion of Telara

The real question is: Does she click?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Is it really different than all the girls/ladies (yes lots of ladies) who talk on vent/mumble/TS? Guys are going to like women no matter what venue they use.. I think she is new to all of this and trying her best to simply get a name out there.. shall i say, like so MANY of you do every day in the stupid chat channels?
    Ummm are you trying to say females join VoIP protocols just to bring attention to the fact that they are female? Silly me thinking that it was to facilitate communication while playing rift or to engage in conversation with guildies......anyone know of some good voice changing software???? I would hate for us ladies to create a legion of desperate male followers just by merit of our dulcet tones.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Grats to your shameless selfpromotion. Pro tip: Wearing your lightest top on camera makes you look like your are fishing for compliments and attention. I guess you wouldn't be sitting like that in the subway...then why on cam where theoretically the whole internet can see it?

Why it is always the women who need to have a picture of themselves as an avatar or wear next to nothing on lifestreams and videos is beyond me.
    There is a fine line between displaying a video game and displaying oneself using a video game. Most women don't seem to get when they cross it....or do so intentionally.
    It's 39 degrees C here today as I sit at my computer, and this comment makes me want to race to the nearest sports store and buy a full snow gear outfit to wear as I game...***NOT***

I am so angry, I want to delete every MMO game on my computer, throw it through the window and march through the streets campaigning for women's equal rights to game and post on forums without harrassment.

And to those handful of people that have posted here that have their own youtube channels with a miniscule following, are you terrified that she may poach your views? Did you come here just to troll in your typical toxic manner to drive her out of "your" competitive chosen market? Well I wish her every success in her future.

Maybe one day she will be one of the lucky few that receive healthy endorsement from a gaming company along with 8 monitors, pro equipment and a harddrive that fits into a shed.

OP, never lose grasp of your dreams and goals. Hold them tight, and never let outside interference steal them from you. Good luck with your gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by lisea View Post
    desperate male followers just by merit of our dulcet tones.
    May I hear your dulcet tone?
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-20-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Rift Chaser

take all of your clothes and bring me cold beer.

Its a trap, for all you tongue wagging men, your significant other is watching your every post.

BTW, great video. Ill be sure to look forward to seeing more!

Whenever these things show up, i can never decide what i find more pathetic.
    The ridiculous need for attention, or the hormone filled teenagers who give it to them.

Ascendant

Dose of reality time.

Those girls on twitch with the massive cleavage that have 7000 sustained viewers? They aren't doing it because they want attention. You guys need to wake up. Look at these girls, if they want attention they can get it in spades by walking around the mall. They don't need a bunch of gamer geeks drooling over them. They do it because it equals money. And there is nothing wrong with that, other than it makes people jump to incorrect and wrongheaded conclusions about people like the poor OP.

A close friend of mine is a twitch streamer, he streams every day and he spends a lot of money making his stream look professional. He just bought a new pro audio mic, pop filter, and software. But its a very tough battle to get enough viewers to where twitch actually lets you see money. In order to be partnered you need 500 sustained views daily for a week. This may sound easy, I assure you its not. My friends record is like 340ish. We still have a ways to go and we are doing just about everything we can to try and get there. So I completely understand if some girl who just happens to not only love games but is also hot as hell, uses that to ensure she can actually make a living doing what she likes.

Just realize that for every Kaceytron there is a Pokket. Just cause you can see her face doesn't mean she is using sex to sell herself. What I see when I watch this youtube vid is a girl who loves gaming, trying to make a name for herself (guys do the exact same thing, heck I have a face cam for when I twitch stream) and doing the usual introductory youtube vid. There is nothing wrong with making a video that explains a bit about who you are and your focus for your vids.

TLDR, stop being gross guys and leave the girl be
    Last edited by Khelendross; 01-20-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

Lol guys you know this Is just a dumb troll right? I can't believe there are people writing like 20 paragraphs in here rofl. I mean it's so silly people even get worked up on trolls like this. I think OP has a relative that plays Rift
    Last edited by Andross; 01-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Come on people, let's get back to the important thing here: Nyancat =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Enfinity View Post
    This thread in a nutshell:
    She thinks shes so great cause she said shes a girl gamer
    Im so great because Im a girl gamer and I dont say Im a girl gamer
    Im so great because Im not a girl but Im a gamer

Youre all really not that different from her
    We're different. I could discuss my ability as a gamer without recourse to mentioning my gender because my gender bears no impact what-so-ever on said ability.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 01-21-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Hello gamer girl.

Have you come to find a meat stick?

Or why do we all need to know you are a girl play rift?
    Last edited by cYan; 01-21-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Rift Disciple

So, she's just trying to promote her guild? The title of the thread and the video were just a bit misleading.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    So, she's just trying to promote her guild? The title of the thread and the video were just a bit misleading.
    No, she was trying to promote the fact that she's female in order to attract hormonal teenage boys to her guild / follow her on YouTube.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast