Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Gamer Girl

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin View Post
    Women have it rough with gaming. Most guys are awkward around women anyway and having a video game to mediate just makes things more difficult. I don't think it's fair to expect women to keep their gender hidden, a sort of don't-ask-don't-tell policy.

Just because someone admits they're a woman doesn't mean they're asking to be hit on or are looking for legions of male followers. That logic is a step away from a sex offender saying, "She asked for it!"
    I have played mmo's since 1996, I don't think my fellow gamers knew I was female until the prevalence of ventrilo etc. Never hid it, it just wasn't that important. Never had it rough gaming though, in fact I think subconsciously (or not!) most male gamers treat female gamers much better than their fellow male gamers.
    If you post videos of yourself in skimpy pajamas wearing make up and "accidentally" showing the rest of your body then you are looking for legions of male followers.

What the Rift did you just say about me, you little Dworf? Iíll have you know I graduated top of my class in the PvP academy, and Iíve been involved in numerous secret raids on Regulos, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Iím the top Tempest in the entire NA region. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the Rift out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that gamer girl to me over the Internet? Think again, Rifter. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Sin/Bd's across the shard and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your guild. Youíre Rifting dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can 1v1 you in over seven hundred ways, and thatís just with my R80 weps. Not only am I extensively trained in Tempest, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Rift forums and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little gamer girl. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ďcleverĒ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your Rifting tongue. But you couldnít, you didnít, and now youíre paying the price. I will bring thy fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youíre Rifting dead, kiddo.
    Pls respond

Default /more offtopic comics

I wanted to be constructive but then I just had to share this screenshot after reading Ailene's comment.

EDIT: My opinion is clearly biased, probably because I had a creepy guy in a raid group I lead with three girls and I had to eventually gkick him for harassment. Since then, I'm always wary about this stuff.
    Last edited by Teddy Ruxpin; 01-19-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Welcome to Rift and don't let anyone get you down. Keep doing what you want to do and how you want to do it. F*ck the bozos. What you want to do with your guild is exactly what I try to do with mine. Good luck and thanks for being a positive force in the game.

Kill the rat and put some clothes on, young lady. Tsk, tsk.

If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Ascendant

There are plenty of females already in this game who aren't drawing attention solely to the fact they are female. Just being a female in an MMO isn't very rare. Being a female and playing at a high level is rare.

If you want to feel proud of breaking through perception barriers, start raiding for world firsts as a female while simultaneously deserving your raid spot. That would be something I've only seen done a few times.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-19-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Being a female and playing at a high level is rare.
    But it's so hard to find time to practice on the dummies between all that cooking, shopping and semi clothed pillow fights with my girlfriends!
    Don't all raid teams need a least a couple of girls to heal them?!?!
    Omg have to go, hubby needs a sammich!

If you're going to get into vlogging or streaming, you need to up your production values a bit or you'll never retain an audience. Lighting, scripts/notes, editing, etc. Shooting your monitor didn't work well, especially when switching back and forth, and exacerbated the lighting problems as your camera was constantly adjusting.

Good luck!
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Are you not wearing pants in this video

Quote Originally Posted by lisea View Post
    Omg have to go, hubby needs a sammich!
    Don't we all
    Pls respond

only a guurrll gamer would make a topic named gamer girl & post a vidoe of herself, saying I'm suuuuuuuch a nerd in the first sentence & tries to show her legs everytime she's moving the camera.
    anyway... there are lots of girls playing rift. lots of them are really nice & don't need to shout I'm a girl. they would say they're girls if someone asks them. but they won't come shout in general chat about their gender. just like when a boy wouldn't come & say in chat i'm a boy. there's no need for shouting, as there is no difference between being a gamer boy or a gamer girl. gamer girls are smaller in number. but does that make them aliens who have to create a topic while shouting their gender in the title?
    I remember just a while ago I saw videos from a russian girl, explaning gadgets add-on in a really proper way. she was focused on what she was trying to explain, she was focused on game & the only thing showing her gender was her voice. now I would call that a really proper video, from a nice gamer girl, as her goal was providing information & nothing else.

Champion of Telara

To the OP:

What is the point of the video? The main reason you're getting a lot of flame is because of the thread title accompanied by a youtube link. There's no description, there's no introduction, etc. So it begs the question, why did you make a video? I skimmed through your video, but it seemed like you were just introducing the fact that you just started RIFT and a guild to the rest of us. What kind of audience are you trying to attract? People who haven't played RIFT yet or men?

Rift Disciple

I'm having a hard time figuring out if this whole thread+video is a joke just to rustle people, or actually serious.

Champion of Telara

I believe the intentions were honest and sincere, but they means to achieve them were not within the "neutral zone". In other words, she started off the wrong foot.

This thread has (surprisingly?) among the highest number of total likes of all threads in the General Discussion in the last 3-4 months.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; 01-19-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin View Post
    I wanted to be constructive but then I just had to share this screenshot after reading Ailene's comment.

EDIT: My opinion is clearly biased, probably because I had a creepy guy in a raid group I lead with three girls and I had to eventually gkick him for harassment. Since then, I'm always wary about this stuff.
    wow....just wow...I don't know what to say. That would be pretty annoying
    Your out of your element...xox

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast