Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: When will PvP dimensions start?

Default When will PvP dimensions start?

I thought it was patch 2.6
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Unless you can point to a Dev post stating that PvP Dims would be coming out for 2.6, it is otherwise not stated and should just be assumed "Coming Soon".

I know it had been a long time since anything has been uttered about it but I would perceive that as it was a lot more complicated to code and get working before putting it out on the PTS. I am not one for small scale (Arena-like) PvP but I am definitely interested in trying to build an awesome dim for it.

Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight
    Want to see some of the dims I have made? Check my Gallery
    Hunting rare spawns in old Telara? The Handbook to Rare Spawn Creatures of Telara

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post
    Nope, a firm date wasn't put on it. You have your pseudo 5v5 WF arenas now, enjoy.

Not interested in 5v5 arena, not sure how my post implied that.

Interested in customizing my own PvP zone with unique PvP rules.
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4557892

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

I'm the one that has been working on PvP Dimensions when time allows (which has been rare!)...

There's still no official release date set - it largely depends on how many features we want to launch with, and how often other tasks take priority.

I've got a very basic version fully functional now. Current working example: Click a banner to join a team, get teleported to your team's start point, fight, get a point (or points) each time you kill someone on a different team, when you die and hit respawn, get teleported to your team's graveyard and resurrect, and then at the end, declare victory for the winning team (or a tie!)... All of this within a dimension of your own creation, of course.

I'll be talking with Daglar some time soon regarding when & how we want to release this.

Dear sexy Pithos,
    As much as I truly love dimensions and love pvp I will be the first to say thank you and its ok I know your other stuff is way way more important to us all weather we know it or not. We know it is coming sometime. I know you are swamped like crazy. Thank you for answering this post you rock. Wuv ya bunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    I'll be talking with Daglar some time soon regarding when & how we want to release this.
    Awesome.

So easy to tell especially with the Dreamweaving Dimensions a lot of work has been going into the performance and functionality of Dimensions, cheers to all the team for that.

Look forward to more news, thanks Pithos.
    LOOKING FOR DIMENSION GUIDES, IDEAS OR INSPIRATION?: Rift Dream Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    I'm the one that has been working on PvP Dimensions when time allows (which has been rare!)...

There's still no official release date set - it largely depends on how many features we want to launch with, and how often other tasks take priority.

I've got a very basic version fully functional now. Current working example: Click a banner to join a team, get teleported to your team's start point, fight, get a point (or points) each time you kill someone on a different team, when you die and hit respawn, get teleported to your team's graveyard and resurrect, and then at the end, declare victory for the winning team (or a tie!)... All of this within a dimension of your own creation, of course.

what about the new Cq map Pithos?
    I think Daglar said is gonna come at 2.5 sometime

Telaran

Trion hates pvp these days, biased, you will most likely never see pvp dim. And expect the new silly conquest out 2.6 or 3.0 or never, take your pick.

It's been bs as far as pvp content goes and the terrible attitude the devs have toward customers who pvp.
    Last edited by Emofanboy; 01-03-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Dear OP please explain me point of pvp dimension which will provide, that you cant do atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Emofanboy View Post
    Trion hates pvp these days, biased, you will most likely never see pvp dim. And expect the new silly conquest out 2.6 or 3.0 or never, take your pick.

It's been bs as far as pvp content goes and the terrible attitude the devs have toward customers who pvp.
    I wouldn't go so far as saying they hate PvP, just, it's not as high on their priority list as other stuff.

And besides, PvP in these types of MMOs tend to suck really hard, at least to me anyways.
    No collision detection, no gear normalization, no player based LOS, constant class imbalance.
    It'll never be good in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    Dear OP please explain me point of pvp dimension which will provide, that you cant do atm.
    Create your own custom warfront? Have you seen the amazing and creative dimensions players build? The possibilities could be limitless, particularly if Trion gives us jump pads, items that can be thrown to other players (such as unlocking the courtyard in TDQ), and hazards that cause damage.

It doesn't have to be mechanically perfect. Let the players work around the limitations - we're a creative bunch.
    Decov - Greybriar 60/90 Rogue
    Beermaiden - Greybriar 60/80 Mage
    Beermaid - Greybriar 60/88 Warrior
    Beerbong - Greybriar 60/80 Cleric
    Level/PR

My only suggestion is to make sure there is significant time on the PTS. Since this is mostly player generated content, you'll definitely want plenty of time for us to test it out.

I'd go so far as to possibly see if you can transfer data from some live DIMS that are already made with the anticipation of player made arenas over to PTS (on an application basis or something) so that way players dont have to necessarily wait for the builders to finish up on the PTS just so they can test things.

I'd also make sure to host events on the PTS for testing like you did prior things, like the testing for the underwater content where it earned you a title or something for live. This will definitely need plenty of players.

Also keep in mind your pre-alpha team. I'm sure there are a lot of little testable things that you'd like worked on prior to open PTS testing, and maybe involving some of the dedicated dimensioneers to help break the dimension aspect of things would be pretty useful too.

Anyway I look forward to this quite a bit. Bringing PVP and player creativity together has gotta yield awesome results, especially considering what talented dimensioneers have done so far.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    They just got 5v5 and are qqing for better rewards, as few are doing them. I suspect better gear will be asked for with dim PvP, like 5s....all about gear and rewards.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast