+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ''Gift for a Bogling'' quest bugged?

Default ''Gift for a Bogling'' quest bugged?

I took the quest with 6 different toons, 3 of them had the fae yule grab bag as a quest reward, 3 didn't.
    I turned the quest in with my main as it was the first one I took, I had no idea this was a quest reward that was missing.
    I didn't turn it in on the other 2 toons that don't have it offered, hoping it's maybe a bug.

I asked in the 60s channel, and some people said it wasn't offered to some of their toons either.

Is it a bug? Or is it just a random reward system?

In any case, I finally got Bowie in one of them, wheee!

I have had this happen to me on one character so far. Did the quest on four characters and the next did not have the Fae Yule Grab Bag offered as one of the rewards. The next one I tried did. Still have a few more I have not logged into yet. I'll see if that 5th is offered it after logging out of the game and back in.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

it seems to be an issue with weather you did the quest last year or not.
    And I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam! 'Cause I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news everyday I am. I don't know, it's just the way I am.

Soulwalker

Default hmmm...

I didn't even have one of my characters last year and they didn't get the fae yule gift and one of the toons that was my main last year got it... so i dont htink it has to do with weather you did it last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    it seems to be an issue with weather you did the quest last year or not.
    Characters that did the quests both years got it, characters that did the quest 1 year got it, except for one. So there seems to be no such pattern for me. Re-logging the character did not help, exiting the game and re-entering did not help. I guess I'll have to put in a ticket. Out of 11 characters, only this one was not offered the Fae Yule Grab Bag.

BTW, are the grab bags coded to give Slobberjaw (the ugliest pet of the lot) most of the time? I wanted Krinkle so bad. :-(

Soulwalker

Default Maybe just me but....

I had the same situation happen to me. The one thing I noticed was when I went to turn the weekly in there was a daily quest to talk to deeps available so I accepted the daily quest first then I turned the weekly in. All of my other 5 characters I turned in the weekly and then picked up the daily quest. This was the only one of my 6 characters that picked up & completed in this order and the only one of my characters I had the quest reward issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Characters that did the quests both years got it, characters that did the quest 1 year got it, except for one. So there seems to be no such pattern for me. Re-logging the character did not help, exiting the game and re-entering did not help. I guess I'll have to put in a ticket. Out of 11 characters, only this one was not offered the Fae Yule Grab Bag.

BTW, are the grab bags coded to give Slobberjaw (the ugliest pet of the lot) most of the time? I wanted Krinkle so bad. :-(
    And here I thought they were coded to give Celyn most of the time, and weapon skins as a default second. Hehe. RNG is so annoying sometimes. It's really bad when you open 4 in a row and it's Celyn Celyn Celyn Celyn...(and worse when followed by...weapon skin, weapon skin, weapon skin...Celyn).

Addressing OP, however, I had not done the Fae Yule quests before on any character and did not find that anyone had this problem. I'd put in a ticket and report not getting these on the characters that didn't. Hopefully Customer Service can help you out!
    Last edited by Lireh; 12-27-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    Faeblight Forever!

Ascendant

Are they different levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Moffra View Post
    I had the same situation happen to me. The one thing I noticed was when I went to turn the weekly in there was a daily quest to talk to deeps available so I accepted the daily quest first then I turned the weekly in. All of my other 5 characters I turned in the weekly and then picked up the daily quest. This was the only one of my 6 characters that picked up & completed in this order and the only one of my characters I had the quest reward issue.
    Okay, I did do something different on this character than all the others- I ran upstairs (in Sanctum) to talk to the NPC you're supposed to give the gift to without first picking up the quest to do so. I went ahead and completed the daily to help him by delivering a gift. Then I ran down to pick up the weekly and saw there was no Fae Yule Grab Bag. So, perhaps the order these are done or even picked up makes the difference?

I don't see any sort of pattern here.

Some of my toons did the quest before, some didn't.

And I didn't do the daily before taking the story quest.

I guess it's time for another ticket

Does anyone know if we need to make one on each toon that didn't get the grab bag?

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I investigated this and it looks like the issue is that the quest was not set up properly to reward the Fae Yule Grab Bag on repeat quest completions - meaning that any character that did the quest in the previous 2 years would not get that part of the reward this year (even though that reward is new for this year).

I am fixing it now, but a patch containing the fix will not go live in time to impact the event this year. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

So we just need to flood you with tickets to get the item I'm guessing?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I investigated this and it looks like the issue is that the quest was not set up properly to reward the Fae Yule Grab Bag on repeat quest completions - meaning that any character that did the quest in the previous 2 years would not get that part of the reward this year (even though that reward is new for this year).

I am fixing it now, but a patch containing the fix will not go live in time to impact the event this year. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
    So if we did not get the Fae Yule Grab Bag do we have to put in a ticket for each toon that did not get it (I only had one but my wife had multiple)?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post
    So if we did not get the Fae Yule Grab Bag do we have to put in a ticket for each toon that did not get it (I only had one but my wife had multiple)?
    Yes. I submitted a ticket on the one toon I have that didn't get it and they sent me the loot within a couple hours.

Soulwalker

Default Ticket

Seven of my chars dont get the Fae yule Grab Bag presented as a reward. Quest is still on hold. must i send a ticket for all off these chars? Sigh.
    Before or after i finish the bugged quest?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast