+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By Suelin
  • 4 Post By Shattered
  • 2 Post By ilex011
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix
  • 8 Post By Salvatrix

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Fireworks achievement.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Fae Yule Fireworks achievement.

    I really enjoy this game - I think Trion has got a lot of things right that a got of other games got wrong. I love end game, i love the achievements, I love the zone events.

    However one things I really don't love, and it is it is _really_ spoiling the game for me, is achievements that are only doable by spending credits. I am patron, and I also spent credits to get extra crafting roles and some outfits. I didn't mind that, but achievements are different. For those of us who love them they are a competition - either with yourself, to constantly get a higher score, or with guildies. I am not going to spend more money on achievements for no tangible benefit, it does not seem a good use of my cash (quite apart from the fact my budget won't stretch that far).

    I have noticed a lot of the "credits" achievements now just have a toast but no points, but the Fae Yule fireworks - worth 25 points, is not one of them. To spend 350 credits for an achievement just seems wrong. Please, Trion, don't do this anymore. The frustration of not being able to complete Fae Yule is spoiling the event for me. Too much of such frustration will spoil the whole game.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple gkaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    143

    Default

    It is Xmas ask ur guildies to get u one or two

  3. #3
    Ascendant Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    I agree, no one, especially Patrons, should have to pay for achievements. How is pulling out your credit card an achievement anyway? Achievements should take time and effort, playing the game. What will there be left to do when all that is required of us is to throw credits at whatever we want?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

  4. #4
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Spending credits is ok. Fine. We're F2P.

    Spending credits for ACHIEVEMENTS is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    This was a matter of crossed wires internally. This achievement got added at the same time as I was fixing the previous incentive achievement point values.

    In the next patch, this achievement will be worth no points just like the other ones I fixed. It will also not show up in the Fae Yule section since it is not a Fae Yule achievement. In fact, since it is a limited time achievement, it will eventually be moved to the Legacy category.

    Sorry for the confusion.

  6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Actually, as an addendum, I want to take a moment to explain the shop incentive "achievements". There is no goal to compel achievement hunters to use the cash shop, which is why I am trying to get all the points off of the incentive achievements.

    The goal here was to have an incentive program rewarding cash shop customers, just like a buy 6 sandwiches punch card at your local deli. It happens that the achievement system is already set up to handle that functionality quite well, so that is what we used. We aren't trying to force everyone to do "Cash Achievements" - that was never the goal.

    So I am trying to make sure that the pure shop incentives are worth no points and that they further sort to the bottom of whatever tab in which they appear. Some might still sneak through in error - like this Fireworks achievement. As soon as I become aware of any that slip through, though, I will make sure that they get the same treatment.

    Cheers.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple gkaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Totally cleared that up.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    The fireworks are under 5p per firework on AH......just spend the 50p or w/e and get them. No store needed.


    And if 50p is alot for you you need to do your dailies since you get 75p+ a day.
    Last edited by Boase; 12-21-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Lireh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Actually, as an addendum, I want to take a moment to explain the shop incentive "achievements". There is no goal to compel achievement hunters to use the cash shop, which is why I am trying to get all the points off of the incentive achievements.

    The goal here was to have an incentive program rewarding cash shop customers, just like a buy 6 sandwiches punch card at your local deli. It happens that the achievement system is already set up to handle that functionality quite well, so that is what we used. We aren't trying to force everyone to do "Cash Achievements" - that was never the goal.

    So I am trying to make sure that the pure shop incentives are worth no points and that they further sort to the bottom of whatever tab in which they appear. Some might still sneak through in error - like this Fireworks achievement. As soon as I become aware of any that slip through, though, I will make sure that they get the same treatment.

    Cheers.
    Why not simply have the fireworks drop from rifts again like they did with the other fireworks achievement? I actually thought this would be happening and I didn't get worried about it. I figured it for a 'phase 3 thing', since I haven't experienced Phase 3 yet. It'd be fun to get these as rewards for doing rifts/invasions, and yes it'd be RNG based, but accessible to all.
    Faeblight Forever!

  10. #10
    Ascendant Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lireh View Post
    Why not simply have the fireworks drop from rifts again like they did with the other fireworks achievement? I actually thought this would be happening and I didn't get worried about it. I figured it for a 'phase 3 thing', since I haven't experienced Phase 3 yet. It'd be fun to get these as rewards for doing rifts/invasions, and yes it'd be RNG based, but accessible to all.
    Unlike the other fireworks achievement, this one is misnamed and miscategorized (just like store promotions that are called and categorized as world events) and is actually nothing more than an incentive to spend money. I think these incentives ought to be put somewhere else. They are in no way achievements, any more than store promotions are world events.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This was a matter of crossed wires internally. This achievement got added at the same time as I was fixing the previous incentive achievement point values.

    In the next patch, this achievement will be worth no points just like the other ones I fixed. It will also not show up in the Fae Yule section since it is not a Fae Yule achievement. In fact, since it is a limited time achievement, it will eventually be moved to the Legacy category.

    Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I was so disappointed when I thought it was the case. I am quite glad also, as friends are trying to ge me back to another mmo and with this in the works, I was considering it.

  12. #12
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Actually, as an addendum, I want to take a moment to explain the shop incentive "achievements". There is no goal to compel achievement hunters to use the cash shop, which is why I am trying to get all the points off of the incentive achievements.

    The goal here was to have an incentive program rewarding cash shop customers, just like a buy 6 sandwiches punch card at your local deli. It happens that the achievement system is already set up to handle that functionality quite well, so that is what we used. We aren't trying to force everyone to do "Cash Achievements" - that was never the goal.

    So I am trying to make sure that the pure shop incentives are worth no points and that they further sort to the bottom of whatever tab in which they appear. Some might still sneak through in error - like this Fireworks achievement. As soon as I become aware of any that slip through, though, I will make sure that they get the same treatment.

    Cheers.
    You (gothic) rock as usual- thanks for the info and clarification!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Actually, as an addendum, I want to take a moment to explain the shop incentive "achievements". There is no goal to compel achievement hunters to use the cash shop, which is why I am trying to get all the points off of the incentive achievements.

    The goal here was to have an incentive program rewarding cash shop customers, just like a buy 6 sandwiches punch card at your local deli. It happens that the achievement system is already set up to handle that functionality quite well, so that is what we used. We aren't trying to force everyone to do "Cash Achievements" - that was never the goal.

    So I am trying to make sure that the pure shop incentives are worth no points and that they further sort to the bottom of whatever tab in which they appear. Some might still sneak through in error - like this Fireworks achievement. As soon as I become aware of any that slip through, though, I will make sure that they get the same treatment.

    Cheers.
    @Tactitus

    I promise you if you remove the points from the cash shop achievements, 95% of the achievement loving people (myself included) will have no incentive to do the achieves so we wont even do them. To put it another way...if you take the points of the cash shop achieves.......don't even do cash shop achieves

  14. #14
    Telaran Gaborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Ah, so good to know we are getting a refund for the $$ spent buying the fireworks bundle then. Perfecto!

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Lireh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Fortunately many, if not all, of these fireworks are now being sold on AH by those who did buy the bundles. Keep an eye out for the ones you need. They get posted now and then, and some are up in abundance.
    Faeblight Forever!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts