+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mech 'week' during Xmas...right.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    Hold on. Let me call the Trion and Rift defence team to this thread!

Here's a free one for you before they appear.

"Yeah, screw Trion for trying to earn money for their game because they have lives."

Mech week was a couple of weeks ago. Normally they have the decency to reskin and design a poor world even for stuff like that... not anymore i guess. Its clear they aren't just trying to support the game developers, they are just making money, that is it. No effort whatsoever is even being put into masking these gamble boxes into something new.
    \

Well they probably brought it back since they only added the BoA fix towards the end last time.

Well, I know I'm not buying any lockboxes. I don't want to support that type of business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    You are kidding right?

The Mech Week was probably Trion's biggest moment of shame ever and they dare bring it back during the Christmas week.

I guess the Fae Yule gamble boxes weren't selling well enough...
    The only issue I saw most people on the forums have with Mech Week was that it used the world event menu. If it hadn't done that, there was no reason to be offended. They gave you free items, regardless of if you had a use for them or not, they were free. You could completely ignore it.

People complained about it here on the forums. We told them we don't want to see it put in the world event menu.

Putting it on the front of the store? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Don't open the store if you don't want to see them selling items. It is as simple as that.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The only issue I saw most people on the forums have with Mech Week was that it used the world event menu. If it hadn't done that, there was no reason to be offended. They gave you free items, regardless of if you had a use for them or not, they were free. You could completely ignore it.

People complained about it here on the forums. We told them we don't want to see it put in the world event menu.

Putting it on the front of the store? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Don't open the store if you don't want to see them selling items. It is as simple as that.
    So is it just in the store and not really Mech Week then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazjin View Post
    So is it just in the store and not really Mech Week then?
    Yes. It's just on the front of the store, you can buy the vault.

The world event is Fae Yule, as it has been for the last full week.

The OP got offended because he/she opened the store and saw this item.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Yes. It's just on the front of the store, you can buy the vault.

The world event is Fae Yule, as it has been for the last full week.

The OP got offended because he/she opened the store and saw this item.
    Ohhhhh, I see. Well that's a misleading title then. It would be like claiming it's Duster week when they had that Rake's Bundle on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazjin View Post
    Ohhhhh, I see. Well that's a misleading title then. It would be like claiming it's Duster week when they had that Rake's Bundle on the front page.
    Precisely. People get offended by silly things.

Telaran

Shame about the gun they are holding to your head to buy them with credits purchased in the $$$ store.

Sec, hang on ...

Oh wait, they weren't?

Carry on then.

(PS: on a related note, I wish they'd get rid of the comically oversized mechs, because they are pretty annoying)

Ever think the boxes came back because enough people bought them and they were fairly popular?

Gotta make money where they can. It's a game - You don't like it - Don't play it. Your not forced with a blade at your neck to buy anything. Who cares if Johnny the 13 year old's Mom's credit card has unlimited funds.
    Is there something that is supposed to be here?

I hate gamble boxes.

I really dislike the huge mechs (though it was kind of funny seeing them run around like they were giving birth).

That being said, this is just a store sale, as opposed to them trying to pass it off as a world event. Too bad we can't sell those aligners, I have a bunch from the event taking up space.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Qillyu View Post
    Too bad we can't sell those aligners, I have a bunch from the event taking up space.
    I had a few of those... I thought about trashing them but decided to keep them, came in handy, they speed up the Christmas boxes that you get from raids.

honestly these are the only boxes i actually like cause they are the only ones that ive gotten anything useful out of. out of my 8 toons 1 is level 58 waiting till 60 to open, 1 got a epic 1 hander that was a mega huge upgrade and 6 got a epic greater essence which is something(greater essence) that i wouldnt never ever got during this expansion any other way myself since i dont pve. so needless to say for once im actually happy to see these boxes return. unfornately i have no money to buy credits to get some atm the orange greenscale and deeps boxes only ever gave me lousy vendor crap so ill never bother with those again

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #29
    Rift Team

Oversight on our part regarding the name of this on the featured page. It is indeed only the boxes available over the weekend.

~Daglar

Telaran

Please delete double post
    Last edited by daropedia; 12-20-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: please delete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast