+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bag Slots Unlocked

Default Bag Slots Unlocked

So... today I logged into my main character & found the two locked bag slots unlocked!! I haven't purchased anything & they just somehow magically got open for me today. anyone know why?!
    It's me, I've painted the walls. It's a portrait, of a black paradise.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Voronwerr View Post
    So... today I logged into my main character & found the two locked bag slots unlocked!! I haven't purchased anything & they just somehow magically got open for me today. anyone know why?!
    Merry Christmas, Ho-Ho-Ho

more girth

Ascendant

Just curious: you went from 3 to 5 or from 5 to 7?

same with me on 1 of my 8 toons. i was in shock. thanks trion i went from 5 to 7 btw. guess it was a tiny payback from dropping all that money on the halloween mask achievement

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

We wanted to make sure players that purchased RIFT got 2 Bag slots unlocked in addition to any unlocked Bag slots prior to the date of purchase of RIFT.

So (hopefully) it should be the case that characters that got upgraded were created and had bag slot(s) unlocked before purchasing RIFT and are getting their 2 unlocked Bag slots for their upgrade.

How is the character that gets the unlocked slots picked - or is it just a random character on the account?

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
    How is the character that gets the unlocked slots picked - or is it just a random character on the account?
    All of your characters will be looked at as you log them in. If they were created before you purchased RIFT and you unlocked Bag slots on them, then they will be upgraded with 2 additional slots in addition to what you unlocked.

Normally after purchasing RIFT, all of your characters will be upgraded from 3 slots to 5. But this is a special case so that if you unlocked a slot to say 4 and then purchased RIFT, you will be bumped up to 6 instead of 5.
    Last edited by MrScary; 12-19-2013 at 10:52 AM.

thanks, this is a nice surprise

Default well

Guess this doesn't apply to me even though I had game since beta, oh well, I usually am not so lucky in things like this, have 5 bags un locked from buying game way back, no more for free for me

Would have been a nice surprise, considering how I felt about this hole holiday event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabrat78 View Post
    Guess this doesn't apply to me even though I had game since beta, oh well, I usually am not so lucky in things like this, have 5 bags un locked from buying game way back, no more for free for me

Would have been a nice surprise, considering how I felt about this hole holiday event.
    Its actually not about luck. No one WON anything. All that happened is people got EXACTLY what they had purchased rather than letting one purchase essentually cancel out another.

Its like if i bought a membership at a gym and it came with five months. Say I also add an additional month before I finished. And then I got a 5 month package as a gift from a friend that same day....which some how innadvertantly cancelled out the 1 month that I bought in their computer. Then they came and gave me a month for me or for perhaps another character...er...member of my family so that way i still got what I paid for without a different purchase cancelling it out. I didn't get a free month. I just got the month back that I had payed for.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 12-19-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
    We wanted to make sure players that purchased RIFT got 2 Bag slots unlocked in addition to any unlocked Bag slots prior to the date of purchase of RIFT.

So (hopefully) it should be the case that characters that got upgraded were created and had bag slot(s) unlocked before purchasing RIFT and are getting their 2 unlocked Bag slots for their upgrade.
    Evening!

So how does this work for a character that has unlocked all slots (7)?
    Does this apply to all alts on that account?

Thanks for your time!

Default umm

Sorry Xeno your hole post was confusing and I did not understand a word of it. Appearently what I meant bye luck, is some way I did not do something in order to get the free bags...im still trying to figure out with all the posts, what it was that gave people 2 free bag slots w/o paying for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabrat78 View Post
    Sorry Xeno your hole post was confusing and I did not understand a word of it. Appearently what I meant bye luck, is some way I did not do something in order to get the free bags...im still trying to figure out with all the posts, what it was that gave people 2 free bag slots w/o paying for them.
    Noone got anything for free. Here is an easy example:

Newguy plays F2P, realizes 3 bag slots isnt enough, so he buys the 4th one. A month later, he really likes the game, and buys a boxed copy, applies the code, and gets 5 bag slots. So instead of the upgrade unlocking 2 bag slots like it would have on a normal f2p player, he only got one bag slot for buying the game. A year later, trion realized what they did, and now anyone that bought a bag slot or two prior to buying the game, actually gets those bag slots they paid for.

So, it wasnt really free, they were just getting what they actually paid for Now, if that guy had bought 4 more bags while F2P, for a total of 7, then bought rift, not sure if trion is doing anything for them, since they cant give 2 more bag slots over max... maybe if there are any of those people existing, they can put in tickets, and get a refund of the bag slot price or something.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Default hehe

Thanks Rak, I understand now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast