Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Razer Promotion Leaving Some Of Us Out

Soulwalker

Default Razer Promotion Leaving Some Of Us Out

This promotion is ...
    "Available exclusively to those who choose to wield the Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse as their weapon of choice when playing RIFT®. Also applicable to Razer Naga Epic users. This promo excludes the Razer Naga Hex."

I was very excited when I saw this announcement - until I read the fine print. I love my Razer Hex mouse; I have a hard time playing without it. Very upsetting that I am excluded from the promotion...

My Razer mouse just broke... the wheel went sideways and is stuck for good. I only bring this up as the real problem with Razer is they require you to logon their website Each Time you boot your machine... and while you wait for it to connect none of your settings take effect, for me this means a useless mouse until Razer gives MY hardware the okay to work! This can take over 1min before I can control my mouse correctly.
    I will never buy anothe Razer product again, quality aside, the intrusive nature of their software is unforgivable.
    If you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it!

Take it up with Razer. They sponsored something in-game. God forbid.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I actually have a razer naga epic, but I don't use it for Rift because it's slightly annoying to me, so it just lives on another computer and I use a G600. I might be more inclined to use it if they didn't have that godawful "you have to create an account on our site before you can even configure your mouse once" thing.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Thanks for creating the post. Didn't know about this. To the disgruntled poster uninstall synapse software after completing everything. Razor gives 2 years I believe for warrenty and they provide shipping costs. So get it fixed and stop whining.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula View Post
    Thanks for creating the post. Didn't know about this. To the disgruntled poster uninstall synapse software after completing everything.
    I don't want to have to register an "account" with them in the first place, though. So I found an old copy, configured the mouse enough that it's working, and I'll just use it in naive hardware mode until it breaks.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula View Post
    Thanks for creating the post. Didn't know about this. To the disgruntled poster uninstall synapse software after completing everything. Razor gives 2 years I believe for warrenty and they provide shipping costs. So get it fixed and stop whining.
    Whining? If you uninstall the software you lose the options you bought the mouse for to begin... great advice.
    If you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it!

Where's the promotion for the generic mouse I got 3 computers ago
    eat, sleep, conquer, BOLIEVE, repeat

love the cape and weapons, have people spamming me with tells asking where i got them lol. only complaint i have is there is no bow/gun skin, but that really isn't much of a complaint :P i'll keep enjoying the gun skin i got from the ghost hellbug promotion.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

Link to promo please?

Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    Ah, thanks. I don't own a razor mouse though.

you can still get the cape though without having either mouse.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Whining? If you uninstall the software you lose the options you bought the mouse for to begin... great advice.
    All the settings can be accessed with the driver for this mouse. its the same settings provided by synapse minus the online part. I don't use synapse me self. I hate this cloud storage movement. Get the promo, uninstall and use the driver.

Prophet of Telara

Trion must have some special as their private investors. Razor only works with popular games and Esport associations like Pro StarCraft 2 teams/League/Dota 2. And world of warcraft. FPS games ect.

Nice to seem to do something for not very popular game like Rift.

I own a Razer Deathadder, I think Naga's are terrible same with other multi button on mouses, mouse buttons are the worst thing you can do if you wish to be good at games. Keyboard key binds are always the way to go while only using your mouse to move and turn in a MMO.

Congrats though, again it's pretty neat seeing a company like Razer get involved with a company like Trion and support Rift. Almost all of Razor deals are for Esport and competitive pvp, something Trion hates.

Would be cool to see some deals with Razer Blackwidow mechanical blue switch keyboards for rift instead of Naga )=
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-17-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast