+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion is hiring more engineers! Could you be our next?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Trion is hiring more engineers! Could you be our next?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute and mention that Trion - both for Rift, and for other projects, is looking for more engineers (programmers / coders). Why am I posting here? Because hiring players of Rift with the appropriate skills is a great thing. Knowledge of the game makes you even more productive, and able to anticipate potential issues before they make it to anyone else, even QA. I'm an example of this, in fact. While I took part in all the beta phases of Rift, and even got into the Alpha near the end, I did not work for Trion until later that year. I really enjoyed playing Rift, got in touch with Trion, applied, and it went from there - I'm still happily at Trion today.

So, if you have the right sort of Engineering skills, and are looking for a fun environment and a great game to work on, let me know - Send me a private message here on the forums with your background (both RL and Rift) and a resume and I'll check it out. If you sound like a good fit, I'll get your resume to HR and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

DEV_Pithos
    AR Schleicher
    Lead Engineer

Hi Pithos

Glad to hear such a news But any news about hiring student engineer for a 3-to-4-month or 6-month internship (as we talked about it a while ago) ?

Elioty@Gelidra

Out of curiosity, what languages are we talking about here? I'm soon to graduate college and am familiar with C#, Java, and SQL.
    If you're too old to play with Legos, you still have some growing up to do.

Pretty sure it's C++ there ;) Rift launcher is in C++ for sure at least (it uses the Qt 4 framework).

Ascendant

I think they have listed some Java stuff, and obviously C++ is a major thing. Tempting, apart from my many reasons not to look for different work right now.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Too bad you aren't doing internships I got one coming up but would love to do one for rift.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    Out of curiosity, what languages are we talking about here? I'm soon to graduate college and am familiar with C#, Java, and SQL.
    This makes the baby Jesus cry.

I suppose this is just for US citizens, right? otherwise where can I send my resume?

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    I suppose this is just for US citizens, right? otherwise where can I send my resume?
    Send it to Pithos via PM ;) And we don't know whether it's only for US citizens but better try than to do nothing at all if you're interested ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    Can't speak for Trion, but if you're good, and eligible to work in the US at reasonable notice (i.e. it won't take 6 months to get your visa approved), game developers will usually be interested in you.

This sounds awesome! I would love to depending on what other areas may need staff in the future!

I don't live anywhere close to any of Trion's data centers and I don't code/program (unless you guys are working with Cisco ios/ nx-os, cause I'm a network guy .) I just noticed that DEVOPS ENGINEER position though!

I would love to be able to transition from the healthcare IT environment, when the time is right.

They should offer a no pay internship with ojt. I would do that.

Does Trion offer positions to people located in states other than their offices in Texas and California? For example, I receive my inbox of assignments from my superior, complete my modules and upload them to a secure server to turn in, attend skype meetings with other members of the team, etc? If Trion is willing to hire me from home I'd slave away hours for them, heh

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Hi all,

Just to follow up - thanks to everyone who has submitted a resume so far. I've looked at each one and responded to everyone - if you believe you submitted but haven't heard from me - please check your forum mailbox again and PM me if you don't see anything.

To answer some of the questions from the thread:

But any news about hiring student engineer for a 3-to-4-month or 6-month internship (as we talked about it a while ago) ?
    While I don't believe we have any internships at the moment, Scott Hartsman let me know that we are open to internship ideas if they make sense. Send me your details via a PM and we can look into it further.

Out of curiosity, what languages are we talking about here?
    Rift is basically in C++. We also need people with Java experience to work on our platform (Rift Store, etc.) Both of these, of course, access databases via SQL.

We do need people who can work in the US, but we've had people from other countries come here to work at Trion.

Does Trion offer positions to people located in states other than their offices in Texas and California?
    I don't believe so at this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast