+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Instant Adventures

Default Fae Yule Instant Adventures

Kind of disappointed that the 'special vendors' from Fae Yule IA this time around sell nothing different from the Cash Shop. In fact, the Dimension NPC offers only 2 items already in the store (last year the dimension NPC offered a whole slew individual dimension items).

Completing each village will unlock a special vendor
    http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...-yule-returns/

Not very special.

Ascendant

With the cash shop interface selling everything it spoils immersion full stop. Why not just delete all vendor NPCs since they aren't needed anyway.

Tacitus stated they drop unique items:

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Completing that arc unlocks a special dimension items vendor with unique items AND adds a layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts to the entire zone for an hour. Starting next week, that time will be extended to 2 hours.
    This is what the Dimension Vendor sells:

Even less than the Cash Shop.

The Food vendor just sells the foodstuff from the Cash Shop, and the other vendor just sells some of the other stuff from the rest of Cash Shop -> World Event.

So much for "unique items". I guess they mean "Unique Items" as in, the gear restriction, or perhaps since it isn't available the rest of the year.

What's most disappointing is that last year, the Dimension Vendor sold individual Dimension items. This year they seem to have removed all of those items because they've packaged everything into Dimension Kits.
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-12-2013 at 05:31 PM.

So far it's been a pretty major let down /:

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Something has gone amiss with the IA dimension vendor. What is appearing in game is not what was intended at all. Will be looking into that one in the morning with the relevant folks.

I can confirm that the Fae Yule artifacts are indeed appearing in game - I just ran around an area of Freemarch right after the Fae Yule village was completed and collected 6 of them in about 10 minutes. The show up if you are using the artifact tracking buff, and they are named differently from normal/twisted artifacts.

I'm missunderstanding this when I read that to mean you need the artifact tracking buff, right?
    At any rate, if they are dropping - the drop rates too low imo. I ran them from 6:45 till nearly 9, (eastern time), and didn't see a single person get an artifact. That's...phenomonally bad. There was a good sized group through the entire time, although that brings up another problem imo. If the group isn't big enough, does that mean we won't get any to spawn?

If so, that sucks.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    I'm missunderstanding this when I read that to mean you need the artifact tracking buff, right?
    Yes, to clarify - anyone can see and collect the Fae Yule Gifts when they are up. No buffs are needed. I was just pointing out that the tracking buff can make them easier to spot

At any rate, if they are dropping - the drop rates too low imo. I ran them from 6:45 till nearly 9, (eastern time), and didn't see a single person get an artifact. That's...phenomonally bad. There was a good sized group through the entire time, although that brings up another problem imo. If the group isn't big enough, does that mean we won't get any to spawn?
    I am not clear with how you are looking? They appear in the world, like any other artifact, in the same kinds of places. The spawn rate seems like it should be ok if I was able to collect 6 on a live server in 10 minutes. I wonder, perhaps, if people are not realizing they are seeing something collectible? These artifacts, rather than being normal sparklies, appear as small gift boxes that show up in typical artifact places.

...rofl.

i'm not sure if i should laugh or cry at that.
    But no, i hadn't realized that. Can't say i saw any - was looking relatively carefully.Will look again after raid before getting annoyed with this. THanks for clarifying, i'm in the middle of said raid and didn't have time to read and re-read.

just did the ia, ran around silverwood with pot.... lots of every other kind of artifact, but no winter ones

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Further follow up - I logged back in and did circuits of two different zones, and found none at all this time, with tracking buff up. I will look more into this in the morning when I am in the office with full access to debug tools that will let me view what might be happening on Live servers.

I'm doing IAs now, so I'll let you knwo if I find any. It does feel like a bug of some sort, but 2 hours wasn't enough time to trest thoroughly.
    Is there a buff or some sort of indicator to know when they're 'supposed' to be up, btw? That would really help, i think. I kepe looking for something in my buff bar.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    Is there a buff or some sort of indicator to know when they're 'supposed' to be up, btw? That would really help, i think. I kepe looking for something in my buff bar.
    No buff because it isn't anything don to the players. It is done to the zone instead. If you ride to the Fae Yule village in that zone, look for a corgi named Tink up next to the mail box. If Tink is up, so should be the artifacts.

Cant edit, so here goes.
    First, when doing the ias - our goal is to do the fae yule adventures, which pop based on what exactly?
    If it's group size, that doesn't seem like a very useful - or practical - method. First, it kind of leaves players who can't play at prime time out in the cold. Second, it's harder to get credit for the larger ias, especially if you have level 60s like myself running around. Sure, it's great for me. I can tab-target nearly everything, but for baby chars, it sucks.
    Third, imo our population gets spread out too much.

Suggestions on my end?
    First, add a buff indicator of some sort, or something to the world or mini map, to indicate when the artifacts are spawned.
    Second, make the fae yule adventures really obvious. I killed Yuelegon (no idea how to spell him) twice - once as part of the ia itslef, once as part of the zone event in silverwood. Didn't get anything spawning after either.
    Third, add in (if it's not already) some sort of control feature for worst case scenarios.
    What i mean by that - say i'm doing ias for 2 hours (which has already happened) and the event that triggers the main fae yule event doesn't spawn, or we get stuck in the normal ia rotation. When we reach that point, have it trigger on some sort of (internal, dont' tell players what it is) countdown. That way, it's guaranteed to ahppene eventually, BUT if there are enough players int he zone it'll happen more frequently.

THat way, even people who play at non-prime time hours will get to participate, while still having it run based on population. I guess the word i'm looking for is a failsafe.

I realize theres no real reason for you to take any of this seriously, but as it is (discounting bugs) the world event is another disappointment. I'm not sure if some of what's getting to me currently is also because of bugs, but I feel like some of these would help make at least some of it more palatable.

Also - it seems like the f.y ias dont' seem to be triggering, at least on Laethys. Been at it for over an hour, and so far iv'e done hte same dozen or so ias over and over. and over.
    Last edited by Rianne; 12-12-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No buff because it isn't anything don to the players. It is done to the zone instead. If you ride to the Fae Yule village in that zone, look for a corgi named Tink up next to the mail box. If Tink is up, so should be the artifacts.
    I think some sort of indicator on the map, or a like...visual indicator owuld be really helpful, tbh.

No luck here; my 4th IA completed with Tink up; Artifact Tracking Vials up and nothing. Searched every nook - even the islands off Silverwood.

Perhaps they're bugged out and only appearing the first time since patch? Any that have been looted don't appear anymore? Or perhaps they're underground (although that should still be picked up by the vials), or they're all spawning in some really hard-to-find location in the water in the Silverwood zone.

Edit: Before 1 hour was up, Tink had despawned - so clearly someone is picking them up. Are they randomised or in fixed respawn points?
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-12-2013 at 10:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast