+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patron's Token buff not working for snowflakes and dark icicles?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default Patron's Token buff not working for snowflakes and dark icicles?

I haven't been seeing the bonus for snowflakes and icicles appearing on my text even though I have the patron's token buff running. Is this an error or deliberate? I'm hoping for error and have put in a bug report but since I won't hear back from the bug department, I'd like confirmation one way or the other.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Rift Chaser

I noticed this as well. It would be great to get an official response about this.

Thanks for reading (and happy Fae Yule).

Rift Disciple

Yup seems same here , massed out all the quests with a pot up no bonus's gained.

Would be interesting to find out if this is intended or a mistake.

Ascendant

Guildie reported same thing.

I was wondering about this as well. I seem to recall other events getting the Patron Bonus.

Elldarian - Elusive Assassins - Wolfsbane

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ipeacefrog View Post

I was wondering about this as well. I seem to recall other events getting the Patron Bonus.

we did during the fae harvest/halloween event.

But now its bad enough dark icicles are a near impossibility to get but to have no bonus as well is daft.

I must repeat, repeat, repeat .... rep .... eat....

[Edited for content]
    Last edited by Tyrannos; 12-13-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Plane Touched

not even a treasure map bonus

Funny thing, I logged to my crafter alt (lv60 tho) and went to do the Yule dailies and stuff. For my surprise the 160% pot that was ticking boosted at least the snowflakes, didn't see about the icicles as I logged off to save that darn pot bonus...

+1 to this thread.

Noticed it for the 40% patron buffs and Treasure map.

Now i might understand the dark icicles to pace us a bit but snowflakes drop everywhere so this should work as I would consider these tokens rather than currency.

Unless someone can tell the difference between tokens (FES, IS, ESM, etc.) and non tokens?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Would be nice to know a response as to why any percentage bonus is not working at all whatsoever for the snowflakes mainly.
    --BC

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Dark Icicles, like all the restricted events currencies, does not get bonus modifiers.

The Snowflakes SHOULD get modifiers, but do not currently as a bug. I am pretty sure I saw a changelist noting that this would be fixed in next week's patch.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Dark Icicles, like all the restricted events currencies, does not get bonus modifiers.

The Snowflakes SHOULD get modifiers, but do not currently as a bug. I am pretty sure I saw a changelist noting that this would be fixed in next week's patch.
    So patrons are paying for these bonuses that they were not given and they have to wait a week for them to work. Another Hot Fix that is not a priority but the snowmen were a rush to get fixed. Same goes for the boxes and with pets that are unable to be receive in game at the moment without paying for them.

For some strange reason the delay to me seems more and more on purpose than an honest mistake. I'm not asking for you to point blame on anyone but having two events in a row that have gone completely wrong is really going to hurt Rift. I'm already looking at making my exit since the new consoles are out and I thought Rift would change my view on MMOs. Now I just see them as a money pit. I've only been playing MMOs for a year now and having nothing but bad experiences with this pay-to-win crap.

I'm an achievement junkie probably because of consoles more so and these last two events made it practically impossible for me to get them all without paying. I'm already a Patron and I thought a patron was someone who supported the game and got practically the entire game open to them for their support. I didn't think it was someone who has to pay more just to get re-skinned mounts or pay to meet certain achievements.

Congratulations Rift you just lost yourself another supporter. My subscription ends today, Hello Xbox One & Playstation 4!

Oh and on another note "pretty sure" is not a good answer as to if something is getting fixed or not. People really want to know, so coming back with solid answers is best.

After this and the last world event, I think I'm done as well. I've played Rift on and off for 2.5 years and the increasingly not-so-subtle influence the cash shop is having on the game is simply making it no longer an enjoyable experience. I do not believe the delay in hot-fixing the problems a number of people have mentioned (patron token buff failing on snowflakes, reliance on credits to acquire the pets for achievements, etc.) is accidental - it appears to be nothing more than an attempt to manipulate people into growing impatient and purchasing fae yule bags.

/cancel sub

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

It's funny though as the red 160% potions work on snowflakes. Just not the patron ones, but TY Tacitus for the info(s) (in my other thread as well ^^).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast