Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dark Icicle

Soulwalker

Will someone that starts in phase 2 or 3 still be able to do the quest 10 Icicle from phase1?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforger8 View Post
    Will someone that starts in phase 2 or 3 still be able to do the quest 10 Icicle from phase1?
    From what I can tell, the answer to this appears to be 'no'. I didn't bother with the first week's quest on a couple of my alts, thinking I'd catch up this week and that doesn't appear to be an option.

Rather unfair, given that you need 30 of the dark icicles to get anything.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post
    From what I can tell, the answer to this appears to be 'no'. I didn't bother with the first week's quest on a couple of my alts, thinking I'd catch up this week and that doesn't appear to be an option.

Rather unfair, given that you need 30 of the dark icicles to get anything.
    ... for everything else there's MasterCard.

He, he couldn't help myself.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    ... for everything else there's MasterCard.

He, he couldn't help myself.
    sadly thats true esp when even patrons are getting slammed with this paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    sadly thats true esp when even patrons are getting slammed with this paywall.
    Huh?

Week 1
    Log character in.
    Get quest from NPC in home city.
    Spend all of 2 minutes to complete it.
    Collect 10 icicles.

Week 2
    Log character in.
    Collect 10 icicles.

Week 3
    Log character in.
    Collect 10 icicles.

So, if you spend 6 minutes per alt, over the space of three weeks, you'll have 30 icicles on them. You farm all the snowflakes on your main, send the flakes to alts, alts buy stuff, send it back to your main... with the only exception to this being the 65 hit necks, which are BoP.

So, essentially you're complaining that for a little bit of playing the game you get a free raid tier 1 necklace, and the possibility of mounts and a dimension?

I'm wondering how many Dark Icicle quests there'll be - so far there's only been one in each phase, giving 10 icicles each time. If this remains true for phase 3, anyone who missed the first phase won't actually be able to buy any of the items that require the icicles as currency, because the first quest is no longer active in phase 2.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Huh?

So, essentially you're complaining that for a little bit of playing the game you get a free raid tier 1 necklace, and the possibility of mounts and a dimension?
    I don't think anyone is complaining about the little time the quests actually take, simply that if you didn't do the week 1 quest (for whatever reason), you're now screwed as far as getting 30 dark icicles goes.

Rift Disciple

Huh?

Week 1
    Log character in.
    Collect 10 icicles.

Week 2
    Log character in.
    Collect 10 icicles.

Week 3
    Log character in.
    Collect 10 icicles.

So, if you spend 6 minutes per alt, over the space of three weeks, you'll have 30 icicles on them. You farm all the snowflakes on your main, send the flakes to alts, alts buy stuff, send it back to your main... with the only exception to this being the 65 hit necks, which are BoP.

No more that the fact that if you miss 1 week due to ohhhh i dunno it being xmas visiting family etc you are pretty much borked.

Telaran

Same happened to me, was only in the country for the 1st day of week 1. Got the icicles on my main but none of my alts. Now I can't buy any top items for my alts. I think Trion should make the parts of the story quest available in all weeks of the event.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

They're extending the whole Event by one extra week up to January 9th, what will this mean?

Will there be two instances of Phase 3? and will the weekly quest starting this week also be available next week?

This would mean we will get 40 Dark Icicles and would mean that anyone that missed a phase will get their 30 Icicles.

All this is pure speculation and guess work from me, so don't grab the pitchforks and demand poor Slip get lynched if there is no extra quest in the last week

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    No more that the fact that if you miss 1 week due to ohhhh i dunno it being xmas visiting family etc you are pretty much borked.
    And this is different from other world events how?

Oh, you were somewhere hot and sunny during Summerfest?

Oh, you were away with the kids for half-term during Autumnfest?

Regardless of when events are run, there's always going to be some people that miss them.

Rift Disciple

And this is different from other world events how?

Oh, you were somewhere hot and sunny during Summerfest?

Oh, you were away with the kids for half-term during Autumnfest?

Regardless of when events are run, there's always going to be some people that miss them.
    however o gormless one the limited currencies during those were not that limited , miss 50% of the event you could still get the items, miss 50% of this event and bam paywall.

For summer fest you needed to miss nearly the whole damn thing. For autumn fest the same for fae yule 33% and your shot.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2