+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: White Ki Rin

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I wanted this mount so bad I went and spent 100 dollars on credits (already had several thousand credits). After 10k credits and only a few more left to go I felt the last few would soon come up. Got down to only needing one, Oaknoel. It seemed like waste to stop when I was so close. Well now I am down to 1k credits and still no Oaknoel. I know I was the moron to waste so much for a digital item. I will never buy credits again. I will buy rex for credit, but I am not going to get suckered into doing something like this again. The last event wasn't so bad, you could sell the items to try to get the ach. But the odds of getting all 10 is ridiculous. Wish I had not even tried.
    same thing happened to me the the mask achievement $50 on credits got me all but 1 mask and $200 later i still didnt have that mask. i also said to myself ill never ever buy another box again because of that. and the worse thing is that the achievement mount only goes to the 1 toon who got it so i wasted $250+ on a mount for 1 toon. also to complete a holiday achievement. low trion very low. thats not even mentioning that once i equiped each mask it became bop so i couldnt even send it to my other 7 toons. only thing i could do is vendor it

Shadowlander

so far for EU shards: i found 1 overhauled quest marked as "!" (story) from greatfather winter which gave a dark bell - from 12 chars i got puppet pets and snowmans but no pet for the achievement for the White Ki Rin. At least the puppet pets are BoE - but i am not sure if this goes also for the Kirin Pets. And i highly doubt that you will get the Pets for a daily.

As usual i am very unlucky with rng - so the kirin pets might be in those dark bells (you can buy them for ingame currency as well), but i thought i give an first Impression as the Event has started.

Telaran

Default posted from riftgrate~

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    That might just be the two you can vendor buy/buy from store? It just started on the EU shards though, so we'll see soon I guess.
    There’s a new Snow Ki Rin Mount obtainable by completing the achievement “For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls” under World Events -> Fae Yule. You’ll need to collect 10 pets from the Fae Yule Grab Bag and Fae Yule Quartermaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataanic View Post
    There’s a new Snow Ki Rin Mount obtainable by completing the achievement “For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls” under World Events -> Fae Yule. You’ll need to collect 10 pets from the Fae Yule Grab Bag and Fae Yule Quartermaster.
    I know all that It was more a question if the Quartermaster will offer more pets than the two you can get from the shop. Which I doubt...

Credits...

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiurma View Post
    Now think Trion put all the achievements by the rift store?
    I want to take a minute to address this specific concern regarding achievements being only from the store now - this is not part of any grandmaster Trion plan.

I am the person that updated most of the actual game content for Fae Yule this year, but I do not handle itemization. All itemization - both things purchased through the store AND things able to be earned in the game - are done by someone else. When he made the items, he made achievements to go with how he implemented some of the itemization.

When I did my updates, I did not add any achievements - mostly because the idea of doing so slipped my mind. No plan for funneling achievements through the store. I could have added achievements and just neglected doing so.

So please do not assign some nefarious purpose to York's inclusion of item achievements, because he did not have any dark purpose. Instead blame me for the lack of other achievements (not counting the warfront ones that were from last year).

That said, I will look at adding some achievements today that can go live in next week's update.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Forget it. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to get one mount on one character. Fae Yule used to be my favorite event, and something I really looked forward to. Trion has removed the element of fun from world events, completely. Dig deep into your pockets or don't play. Joy to the world.

I long for the days when we could pay our $15 a month and pay $15 for an account-wide mount. That was reasonable. This new way, of robbing players blind, is outrageous.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Forget it. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to get one mount on one character. Fae Yule used to be my favorite event, and something I really looked forward to. Trion has removed the element of fun from world events, completely. Dig deep into your pockets or don't play. Joy to the world.

I long for the days when we could pay our $15 a month and pay $15 for an account-wide mount. That was reasonable. This new way, of robbing players blind, is outrageous.
    Agree. To put it short, it's killing the fun for me in Rift.

No matter how much I enjoy raiding, this new stuff they're doing is so bad that I'm starting to feel more and more ill about the game.
    Last edited by Ailene; 12-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post

I've played 5-6 hours of rift in December and it didn't cost me anything. Free doesn't = fun for me, and neither does a sub anymore. I keep my 1 year sub active to WoW because that money = more fun that I could ever wish for.

I've played WoW for well over 100 hours this month. I've been taking some of my alts through raid finder, flex 10mans and 25H raids so they can farm old raids solo for mounts and transmogs. My 4 main chars are all fully geared in heroic and thunderforged items with my dream transmogs. Imagine if you could do that in Rift, would that be awesome or what?

I'm an atheist but I pray WoW never goes F2P. I would quit and never look back because their cash shop will make you feel like crap, just like the Rift store does.

When Rift went F2P it stopped being Rift and became just another cash shop grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I want to take a minute to address this specific concern regarding achievements being only from the store now - this is not part of any grandmaster Trion plan.

I am the person that updated most of the actual game content for Fae Yule this year, but I do not handle itemization. All itemization - both things purchased through the store AND things able to be earned in the game - are done by someone else. When he made the items, he made achievements to go with how he implemented some of the itemization.

When I did my updates, I did not add any achievements - mostly because the idea of doing so slipped my mind. No plan for funneling achievements through the store. I could have added achievements and just neglected doing so.

So please do not assign some nefarious purpose to York's inclusion of item achievements, because he did not have any dark purpose. Instead blame me for the lack of other achievements (not counting the warfront ones that were from last year).

That said, I will look at adding some achievements today that can go live in next week's update.
    I would argue that anything that has an achievement should be obtainable through game play, somehow. So if an achievement is being added for items, those items should be obtainable without spending credits, and if items are credit-only, they should not have achievements.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Default /sigh

I had a feeling the guy that said you can get the mount while doing dailys and we should all stop QQ, was a troll or doesnt have a clue. As i see its been confirmed no dailys give u a grab bag, just a bell, which has no pets in it, so another words, you want that Snow Ki Rin, bust out your pocket books ladies and gents!!! Im so disgusted with this event and it has not even started yet

Sometimes i really wonder if trion does this on purpose to push the few remain loyal customers away, becouse thier game has gone way down hill and they are trying to scrap what ever they can from us before it explodes. You just dont do this stuff to you customers on Christmas ffs, and that what really gets to me, this is the one sacred holiday thats about GIVING not GETTING.

Think im going download my GW2 account, christmas started there, any you know what, you do a set of stories/dung, you actually get nice free stuff. Also thier store offers stuff for a flat price , no buy a box get a mount BS.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I would argue that anything that has an achievement should be obtainable through game play, somehow. So if an achievement is being added for items, those items should be obtainable without spending credits, and if items are credit-only, they should not have achievements.
    I agree, but I would also add (and reiterate) that making an achievement require 10 items, and only letting us get 2 of them for free every year, is not OK. While technically that would be allowing us to get the achievement just through gameplay it is incredibly transparent, and in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerine View Post
    I've played 5-6 hours of rift in December and it didn't cost me anything. Free doesn't = fun for me, and neither does a sub anymore. I keep my 1 year sub active to WoW because that money = more fun that I could ever wish for.

I've played WoW for well over 100 hours this month. I've been taking some of my alts through raid finder, flex 10mans and 25H raids so they can farm old raids solo for mounts and transmogs. My 4 main chars are all fully geared in heroic and thunderforged items with my dream transmogs. Imagine if you could do that in Rift, would that be awesome or what?

I'm an atheist but I pray WoW never goes F2P. I would quit and never look back because their cash shop will make you feel like crap, just like the Rift store does.

When Rift went F2P it stopped being Rift and became just another cash shop grinder.
    I'm not saying you're wrong about your base point but I'm so tired of reading people mentioning WoW on this forum and in game chat that it basically makes me tune out whatever it is they do say and it all becomes noise anymore.
    Last edited by Behold My Cape; 12-12-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Well. Adding 'free' achievements that you can get without spending credits is nice, but it doesn't change the fact that Trion does add achievements that require vast sums of RL money to get.

That is fundamentally bad and claiming that it isn't a dastardly plan doesn't make it any less reality. Noone begrudges Trion wanting to earn a living wage, but can you at least make it a bit more subtle. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabrat78 View Post
    Think im going download my GW2 account, christmas started there, any you know what, you do a set of stories/dung, you actually get nice free stuff. Also thier store offers stuff for a flat price , no buy a box get a mount BS.
    You should play WoW, Tinkabrat. We are on a carebear server where we Horde help Allies and vice versa. Our guild is hardcore raiding and mount/achieve hunters. Our players with the least amount of mounts and achievements have 110/9,300 respectively.

The friendliness of our guild plays a major part in my long time daily log-ins.

I'm a mod in trade chat and as a result I have some keys that will give you up to Cataclysm for free. Other keys will give you Pandaria for $16/£10/€12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast