+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Can we review Ability Que?

Ascendant

Default Can we review Ability Que?

Can everyone input the varied spec's and the usefulness of the Ability Que?

Or is there already a listing of such?

I.E. Harbinger is best using the Short Ability Que.

Discuss/List, please.

The word is "queue".
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

Ascendant

Choose any synonym you wish: column, cue, file, line, range, string, train.

Contribute or move on please.

Nope.

For the last time, I don't speak spanish!
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

I'd like an ability train please Trion.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

do queues even matter?

i have turned off ability queue on all my chars. i dunno if its wrong or something.

and to the rest of you, either contribute or shut up. we dont want you to spew your stupidity in this thread. thanks./

You mean to tell me that to smash buttons really really fast isn't fast queue?
    Pls respond

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Choose any synonym you wish: column, cue, file, line, range, string, train.

Contribute or move on please.
    I think you misunderstand what synonym means :P Cue would be a homonym (sounds the same, completely different meaning.) I know you googled for the list of synonyms and all, but they don't apply to what you are talking about, so cant really be used interchangeably and have someone know what your talking about.

"Whats your thoughts on Ability Range?"
    "Whats your thoughts on Ability File?"
    "Whats your thourghts on Ability Column?"
    "Whats your thourghts on Ability Line?"
    "Whats your thourghts on Ability String?"
    "Whats your thourghts on Ability Train?"

At best you would get a "huh?" from most of those questions, at worst you would get a completely different answer than you were looking for.

I believe you were referring to "semantics"... since many people misspell queue as que, it can be argued that que has come to mean the same thing as queue, which is semantics

/grammar lesson

On Topic: Its not so much the builds themselves that lend to ability queues being useful, its a combination of a lot of things, including playstyle, your rotation, and server latency.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Ascendant

All I did was list the synonym listing for Queue.

All I did initially was forget to type the final '-ue'.

All I did was ask for a list - concerning something the Developers put into the Settings of the Game, pertaining to the Play of the game, which you sometimes see various Guide writers refer to when stating how better to play the Build for which they are writing their guide.... that being the Ability Queue.

IMO, the Developers thought it was useful; some guide writers found it useful to note; I wondered what others might have found, and with which builds/specs they found which Ability Queues they found most beneficial...

However, if the Mod's would be so kind, now that they first page is messed up with this obtrusive waste of posts, please delete this thread, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I can't think of a circumstance where I'd be happier or better off with anything but the full queue turned on. I can always override a queued action if I change my mind.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    do queues even matter?

i have turned off ability queue on all my chars. i dunno if its wrong or something.

and to the rest of you, either contribute or shut up. we dont want you to spew your stupidity in this thread. thanks./
    Having the queue turned off does make a big difference. I'm not sure if there's a difference between using a short or long ability queue, but there is a huge difference between using some type of queue and none at all.

I've got a mage friend in my guild who's pretty solid but for a while his DPS was just not up to par compared to his gear. I tracked things using ACT to get an exact breakdown of casts and saw that in the same exact parsing timeframe almost every skill had the exact same amount of casts, except for the spam skill. I was casting an extra 3-4 spam spells per minute. I told him to check his ability que and he found it was completely turned off, he set it to short and parsed again, and his DPS increased by more than 1k and the amount of casts he had in a given parse now matched mine exactly. He parses a fair amount, and so he tested other specs and found a similar 1-1.5k increase across the board.

So turning on a short ability que from no ability que gained my friend something like 3-4 GCD's per minute in pretty much every spec. So for anyone interested in min/maxing a queue is a must.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 12-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Ascendant

try both and use whichever queue works for you
    If you spam you're keys like a madman the short ability queue will probably work better for you - less chance of queuing up an ability accidentally

if you hit the key once or twice, using the long ability queue will probably work better for you - you won't accidentally not queue anything

try both out in a range of souls and find what works best for you, it really mostly depends on play style and latency

Just don't use no queue at all, that is a disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

What if they implemented an ability stack or an ability binary tree instead?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    What if they implemented an ability stack or an ability binary tree instead?
    Could you expand or explain this more, Muspel? It sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    try both and use whichever queue works for you
    *snip*

try both out in a range of souls and find what works best for you, it really mostly depends on play style and latency
    I have been recently.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 12-11-2013 at 12:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast