+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin Lock Clarification

Sword of Telara

Default Coin Lock Clarification

What exactly are the conditions that have to be met before a coin lock is added?

The reason I asked is because I was under the impression that it was only if your or someone else tried to log on from a different IP address to the last time you played.

Yet three times today I have been asked for a coin lock code while switching character, nobody else has logged into my account, I would know if that had happened because the character I was on all day would have been logged off by someone else logging on.

Is there some kind of random coin lock system that just coin locks you every now and again for security? or something that con locks you after sending large amounts of money?

Shadowlander

resetting your router can result in a new ip

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bailrs View Post
    resetting your router can result in a new ip
    It's not that, I have a static IP because I host a website and teamspeak on one of the machines on the network.

All your characters get coin locked when your IP changes. You have to unlock it on each of them - it isn't an account wide scenario.

I have parked a couple characters for 2-3 months and found them to be coin locked simply because I didn't use them since the last time I changed IPs.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    All your characters get coin locked when your IP changes. You have to unlock it on each of them - it isn't an account wide scenario.

I have parked a couple characters for 2-3 months and found them to be coin locked simply because I didn't use them since the last time I changed IPs.
    I've been switching back and forth between the two characters all day, haven't been logged out by anyone else logging in and my IP is static so it cant be that. I'm baffled.

Ascendant

Your IP and when you change computer; reinstalling windows counts as well.

If it's a constant issue you can request that customer service remove coin lock protection.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Your IP and when you change computer; reinstalling windows counts as well.

If it's a constant issue you can request that customer service remove coin lock protection.
    I haven't changed computer all day, i've been sat all day playing on the same computer using the same IP address for the whole day without logging off, I have only switched between characters, suddenly I get coin locked, it's odd

There are definitely Secret Rules.

Usually, if I unlock once on a new machine or whatever, that's it. But! I might have to unlock if I switch to a new shard. Also, I have found things I can do which required me to re-do coin lock immediately upon switching characters. So basically, if I do something suspicious, the game double-checks.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    I haven't changed computer all day, i've been sat all day playing on the same computer using the same IP address for the whole day without logging off, I have only switched between characters, suddenly I get coin locked, it's odd
    Is the character on a different shard? When you are coin locked it's on all shards so you have to unlock them individually.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Is the character on a different shard? When you are coin locked it's on all shards so you have to unlock them individually.
    Nope, they are both on the same shard and I have been switching back and forth all day

Ascendant

Nope, they are both on the same shard and I have been switching back and forth all day
    Odd, a ticket to CS could maybe elaborate. Might just be a case of asking them to disable it.

Sword of Telara

Another odd thing, i changed my password just in case, yet my browser is still accepting my previous password cookiee on my laptop despite the pasword beign changed. I'm having serious doubts about Trions security now.

Another odd thing, i changed my password just in case, yet my browser is still accepting my previous password cookiee on my laptop despite the pasword beign changed. I'm having serious doubts about Trions security now.
    at some point in time over the last year or so trion got a bunch of unskilled interns to do their work. In the process of this we got irregular coin locks, password changes not taking effect when it comes to account management from the web and a good error of get method not allowed when trying to access supports live chat. We also got "oh your puchase of credits flagged our security to prevent fraud on your card even though the purchase is coming from the same computer you have always played on" and the oh your secret words are wrong when you input them on the page yet you do get to live chat and find they were right and oh please hold I see the issue ok try now. Wow they worked.

Trion not saying anything bad about you but seriously you look like fools lately. Forums spam, broken security and other nice things. I have logged out of account management on one of my accounts to log into the other and contact support (required to assist me with the issue on that account) and when I click log in it doesn't ask for the username or password it logs me into the one I just logged out. This is a cookie whos life is set to indinite time and which lacks any clean up or better yet a new sessionid given to see if its the same freaking user/account etc.

Total lazy programming by interns who don't know what they are doing.

Ascendant

Yeah, web security is not great. A forum log in can also allow you to access the account page. Not a surprise when you remember Trion got hacked around the start of Rift.

+ Reply to Thread