+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.6 Sneak peak.

Default 2.6 Sneak peak.

At Massively.

If anyone cares. :P
    New crafting called "dreamweaving" that deals with dimensions and artifacts.
    Also maybe you can make your own actual dimensions?

New raid rifts, conclusion to epic air saga, hopefully explaining what happened to Crucia and other stuff.

oh nice!!!!!!!! <---10 char
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

It was nice to see Trion giving attention to crafting. Not so much the section about 'Rift's decline'. In a sneak peak to the next content patch, after Rift relaunched on Steam, and servers are constantly at medium or high?
    Last edited by WriteThemWrong; 12-06-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I have a bad feeling that the new crafting will be heavily reliant on the cash shop for end game. They already showed signs of selling crafted mats only available in the cash shop.

Hope Trion proves us wrong and we can keep on harvesting in game with out the shop. Crafting in game should have nothing to do with a cash shop it should be based on hard work and earning via crafting.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-06-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I'm excited most about the crucia storyline. She's the big bad of SL and she went on a little vacation. Ready to see where it all finishes up considering everything else that has been going on...maybe part of her plan all along? She's awesome.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Mmmmm new raid rifts. Make them as hard as the T2 raid rifts from Pre-SL and I might be happy with that.

Soulwalker

hmmm thinking that the atleast some of the mats for the new crafting is going to involve artifacts which on the upside will give them another use if i read the article right. You never know we may need dream weaving to make the spawn points and stuff for the pvp dimensions which they are working on.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    I have a bad feeling that the new crafting will be heavily reliant on the cash shop for end game. They already showed signs of selling crafted mats only available in the cash shop.

Hope Trion proves us wrong and we can keep on harvesting in game with out the shop. Crafting in game should have nothing to do with a cash shop it should be based on hard work and earning via crafting.
    Hmm. They did add the skillup booster, but I guess that's alright if the profession is still reasonable to level without it. If artifacts are used as crafting mats for this profession, that could radically raise their prices, and that could make things tough, but I'm positive there will be players claiming the skillup booster is required regardless. It's always possible they could have a mat that's required for certain recipes that can only be gotten from the cash shop, as has been done in other games, but I'm with you in sincerely hoping they don't go that route.

Or... what if they added a vanity costume recipe to the store, made it require a mat bought from the store, such that essentially it's the same as any other store-bought vanity item just with a crafting stage in the middle? Would that not be better than just selling the vanity item outright like with robe of the sea?

On topic: excited to hear about the air saga, raid rifts, and new profession, February will be an exciting time! It will be interesting to see how they navigate the waters of adding new content into a low level zone - How to entice high level ascended to go to IPP, mentor down, and complete the new questline? How to reward them such that both high levels and low levels feel awesome about it? How to provide a suitable refresher to get people back in the loop for the story so far?
    Last edited by Gloea; 12-06-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Ascendant

more lock boxes for sure
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I believe in a prior livestream, they stated that the new profession will be like fishing in that everyone can get it without having to buy the in-game shop thing to get more professions or ditching one you currently have.
    I could be wrong.

Ascendant

The big addition to Fae Yule this year is six new artifact sets ...
    If this is the big feature I don't hold much hope for the rest. Artefacts are lazy content, they contribute nothing exciting to the game except a 'gotta catch them all' mini-game. Artefacts used to mean something, even extended lore. Now it's just, oh that would make a cool artefact set. We have far too much emphasis on dimensions too. Each holiday event we get now is now centred on what new things we can have for our dimensions.

Ascendant

"six new artifact sets themed around the dragon cults giving gifts to each other. These artifacts won't show up until bosses are killed in instant adventures. When that happens, the new shinies will be available for discovery for a limited time."

UGH why do you Troll us like this Trion
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    "six new artifact sets themed around the dragon cults giving gifts to each other. These artifacts won't show up until bosses are killed in instant adventures. When that happens, the new shinies will be available for discovery for a limited time."

UGH why do you Troll us like this Trion
    Major content patch big addition...........6 NEW ARTIFACTS SETS I feel trolled. Mean while new CQ and 5v5 are pushed back to 2015 if rift is still around.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-06-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Major content patch big addition...........6 NEW ARTIFACTS SETS I feel trolled. Mean while new CQ and 5v5 are pushed back to 2015 if rift is still around.
    I share your excitement.

On the flip side, eqnext should be out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Default ....

oh look, no mention of pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast