+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.6 Sneak peak.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I always assumed PvP was fully player driven, any "warfronts" or "battlegrounds" are merely a backdrop to the real point, killing other players.

Getting new scenery shouldn't matter to the PvP'ers, look at Conquest right now in EU without the more "tactical" approaches from German and French players, people just face each other across the battlefield around the Eye or DP and stand toe to toe for 20 minutes swapping AoE's, the zerg with either the most healers, the better geared or the numbers win.

Just make the Eye into a big pit where people jump off, no way out and let them beat the snot out of each other, after all Conquest right now in EU is nothing about Objectives, it's all about the kill counter
    You assumed wrong. But in this instance I'm gonna side against RR. Its perfectly legitimate to bring up Trion's lack of care about pvp content. I know Daglar cares but apparently the people above him don't. I just don't say much about (nor do many others) cause honestly most of us have given up hope. Honestly that's almost worse. Luckily unlike some of the others I like PVE as much as I do PVP so that's one of the reasons why I have stuck around without leaving.

Just like with PVE, PVPErs like different types of PVP. Some like deathmatch or duels, some like objective based pvp. Objective based PVP is extremely development content driven. Duels and deathmatch not so much. This isn't a FPS though, so if I wanted Deathmatch I'd play quake. In a MMO I want objective based pvp.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 12-08-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    And I have a legitimate point, I'm sick of people posting in nearly every single thread about what they are unhappy about whether it regards their specific topic or not. How would you like it if in every single thread I read, regardless of the topic, I started posting every gripe I had with PvE in this game? I'm not selfish or disgraceful at all, I'm stating the truth. He needs to stop whining, or if he continues to do so, he needs to do it in the right place.
    Dont you just hate when the adopted and hungry kid who lives in the 55 closet starts screaming for food while you are trying to enjoy a perfectly cooked steak.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    Dont you just hate when the adopted and hungry kid who lives in the 55 closet starts screaming for food while you are trying to enjoy a perfectly cooked steak.
    5x5 is too lenient imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    You assumed wrong. But in this instance I'm gonna side against RR. Its perfectly legitimate to bring up Trion's lack of care about pvp content.
    I agree that's it's fine to bring up their lack of PvP content, I agree that it is lacking. I was however stating that there have been multiple threads recently that spew into PvE vs PvP wars or "Trion needs more PvP content" messes. They have taken over legitimate other purpose threads and should be properly organized into their own category, as (mostly) everything else is.

It seems premature to complain about a lack of PvP improvements in 2.6.

These aren't patch notes.

It's an article based on an interview, and ultimately it was up to the author to ask the right questions. Just briefly browsing Massively's Rift section, it seems that particular site hasn't mentioned PvP in months, so the track record indicates the writers don't prioritize it. It doesn't say that Trion representatives declined to comment on PvP. Again, in this case, ignoring the PvP sector is on the author who thought it was more important to ask how most people level.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

It's just an article with a "sneak peak".
    Relax. lol While PvE has always been the focus in this game, I'm sure there will be PvP stuff. I mean there's that new conquest that's suppose to come out. Maybe? lol

Though in all honesty, I don't know why people PvP in games like this, ToR or WoW to begin with. It's always terrible. lol To each their own I suppose.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi Hardy!

Arggggggggggggggggh can't wait time to get my cleric in shape for 2.6.

Bring it on

Daglar went in on his day(s) off to implement new Warfronts for PvPers and there is still a new CQ (I think?) in the making. Just because it wasn't listed doesn't mean it isn't on their radar or doesn't exist. There have been multiple very rude hijackings by the same 2-3 people and frankly it's just getting old and it's starting to piss me off. Keep it where it belongs, meaning this conversation shouldn't even be here.
    Who are you to decide what people should say and when? The OP was about a content update. Someone posted that the update didn't appear to include content in an important area of the game. At which point you had a childish tantrum about it.

We get that your main interest here is calling attention to yourself. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    very professional.

so I take it from that there are going to be new models in the iron peak saga then ... right?
    Professionalism doesn't seem to get through to a lot of the idiots on these forums.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    Because not getting your PvP content is equivalent to a starving child.

Good grief, enough of the ridiculous hyperbole.

Ascendant

*snip*
    There have been multiple very rude hijackings by the same 2-3 people and frankly it's just getting old and it's starting to piss me off. Keep it where it belongs, meaning this conversation shouldn't even be here.
    I read alot of these forum threads, and I must say:

1. anytime there are content expansions, aka 2.? (whatever) - anyone and everyone is entitled to have their say - whether it 'pisses you off' or not....

2. you have your say when people don't really want to hear from you or other top-end folks, in many threads.... just because you want to throw in your say about what you think of what occurred - we can examine that by the recent IDH issue which has been changed due to those inputs from those who didn't take the time from their 'top-end' guild activities to join in the testing and give proper input before release, but decided to wait to complain after the fact - answered by some that they stopped testing as 'free employees' - Hey, Trion, many 'regular raiders' would gladly test things for you , just have to ask......

3. you need to step back and look and see how many really care what 'pisses you off' - its not as large a crowd as you seem to think...... You have compiled some good guides dealing with Warriors, thanks.

4. I do not PvP, but not unwilling to hear about PvP changes, they actually may get me to venture back in , since I quit altogether at some level 30 or so......; and many F2P players I know ( I am a Patron) do quite a bit of PvP.... and its sad to hear their complaints that are basically the same we heard back before I quit doing any PvP.......

Just my 2 cp...........

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Nerf Sneak Peaks.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Who are you to decide what people should say and when? The OP was about a content update. Someone posted that the update didn't appear to include content in an important area of the game. At which point you had a childish tantrum about it.

We get that your main interest here is calling attention to yourself. Keep it up, you're doing great.
    I don't view it as childish at all, sorry you and maybe five others see it that way for some unknown reason.

Rift Disciple

PVP just got huge update. I dont know what the pvpers are complaining about.

Out of left field hijacking.

Less moderation.

Shiny red tags on yr most epic crafted slander.

That crazy heart flutter when maybe, just maybe, your most ill conceived randomly generated thought bubble may bring the wrath of "Those that wear purple names"

All right here in your PVP forum warfront.

Merry xmas bring on 2.6 !

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nanood View Post
    PVP just got huge update. I dont know what the pvpers are complaining about.
    Huge update, please tell us what?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Huge update, please tell us what?
    Rank and Gear changes. We've tested Steppes Conquest and has not 5v5 Testing been on PTS? I look in the PvP forums everyday is no one testing 5v5?

Crafting got upgrades also but we haven't had a new craft for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast